Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

strafezon

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by nikstone, Mar 18, 2004.

1. nikstone

nikstone IncGamers Member

strafezon

I am building my first strafezon.
    I will put 20 in strafe and valkyrie.
    The question remains for the second killing skill.
    Should i take lig.fury and some synergies or the cold skills in the arrow tree.
    My purpose for this strafezon would be clearing out RoF, Flayer jungle on players 8 (the runes, yeah).

Thanks

2. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I have quite nice lvl 89 bowazon (based on Lone_Wolfs sniperzon guide)

Magic Arrow 20
    Strafe 20
    Critical Strike 9
    Penetrate 17 (to be maxed)
    Pierce 5
    Valkyrie 20

and 1 point in all pre-reqs

Str 129 (144)
    Dex 301 (367)
    Vit 90
    En 15

Of course it quite much depends on your gear how good this build will be but thats the case always, isn't it ;)

Mine has Windforce (Amn), Highlord's Wrath, perfect res Kira's Guardian (Um), 153% ed armor, good rare gloves/LoH, Razortail, 2x near perfect Raven Frost, Goreriders, lots of good res charms, couple nice psn/lit dam charms and few fine small charms

With that setup I have ~8k AR with strafe (almost 13k with MA), 98% pierce (with rare gloves), 474-4371 strafe dam and 616-5272 MA dam (with Might merc), nice speed (8,3 attacks/second), ~80% chance to double damage and 75/67/75/72 resists (with 40% cold absorb). With LoH equipped I can kill p8 Flayers really fast

Of course due to low amount of points in Vitality she is killed if just couple of nasty monsters get near enough but if you play smart you can avoid it, I have died only couple of times

If you don't have as high damage bow as I do, then Freezing Arrow could be the best route. I don't know anything about Mavina's set, never used that

If you find this build interesting check out Lone_Wolf's guide. If I remember correctly it is in our FAQ

3. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

I'm currently building up a Strafe/freeze zon myself. I think there is a frozen zon guide in the amazon forums. In any case, freezing is just really, really, handy. Also, you can extend the freeze duration with your equipment. See the guide for the specifics.

String_Strike is right now at lvl 55, and killing everything in Nightmare on players 8 in hell. She's using a WitchWild with Nef/Eth socketed in it currently. I did have a Goldie, but then I upgraded it and saw the new level requirement was 70. So I have a while to wait for that.

I find that the Face of Horror (Unique Mask) is very handy with all it's mods, especially the 50% chance to make the creatures retreat, which is actually nice because with all the cold damage, they don't run so much as turn around before they die. :thumbsup:

Current gear:
    Witchwild
    Face of Horror
    Raven Frost
    Ma'vina's gloves and belt
    Sander's Boots
    Eye of Etlich
    Manald Heal ring

skills: Strafe is maxed, Valk on the way. 7 or 8 points in penetrate with + skills, and one point in frozen arrow just for the freezing effect at the moment.

Have Fun.

4. nikstone

nikstone IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info guys.
    I have yet to see, magic arrow or frozen arrow.
    Both are viable as I can see.

Ill check those guides and see what fits my current or future equipment.

5. Vildecor

Vildecor IncGamers Member

It depends on what you're after for a secondary skill.

Magic Arrow is best for Physical Immunes. Freezing Arrow will work as well, but it would be a very mana intensive solution to killing PIs.

Freezing Arrow is best for safety, to prevent mobs from killing you, your Valk, and/or your merc. Even one point is good enough--not to kill mind you, but to freeze. Extended cold duration can be achieved with cold charms and The Eye of Etlich.

If you're going to run the RoF and Flayer Jungle, I'd put at least one point in Freezing Arrow and a good 5 or more in Magic Arrow. Strafe will kill the flayers pretty easily (especially if they're frozen), and your Magic Arrow will help fight those PIs along the way once you enter Hell difficulty.

If you've got Atma's Scarab then you don't need to bother with Magic Arrow since the Amp Damage will break the Physical Immunity.

That's my input. Hope it helps and good running!

Edit: Why do I always want to type 'burgundy' instead of 'burlywood'? :lol:

6. Paradox of Reality

Paradox of Reality IncGamers Member

On Hell diff flayers are cold immune, so freezing arrow won't help with them.

Can't really help with skill selection, as I have limited experience with zons, and none with them in hell 1.10

7. Vildecor

Vildecor IncGamers Member

Ah, yes...forgot about that.

Strafe should still make it an easy task to dispatch them, no real need for a secondary skill for the flayers.

8. bhaalistik

bhaalistik IncGamers Member

@LPR...I built my Sniper based on Wolfies guide as well and I was wondering...You use Highlords as your ammy; how does it compare to Atmas Scarab? (which is what I use)
    I like the fact that Atmas breaks PI immunity when it flashes, making quick work of pretty much anything.
    ...just curious as I haven't tried a Highlords on my Zon yet.
    -stik-

9. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I haven't tried Atma ammy on her yet :p Her merc has Reaper's Toll which helps against PI's. When I meet PI pack I let my merc cast decrepify on them and get myself in nice position from where I can hit as many of them as possible with single arrow. If your damage is as high as mine, MA is quite powerful.

I don't know for sure which would be better, it quite much depends on which places you run with her. I like Highlord's because it gives nice bonus to Deadly Strike and lightning resists which allows some more flexibility (is that right word?) when choosing charms. I usually run Flayer Jungle with her, with LoH she kills so fast that I don't know if Atma's Scarab would help much. But in WSK Atma's would be better I guess :)

10. bhaalistik

bhaalistik IncGamers Member

Ahhhh, dammm I can't believe I forgot about Reapers Toll breaking PI as well :duh:
    I've had Tomb Reaver on my merc for another little "distraction" for monsters to go after (ala the skeleton merc, or 3, that pop up from time to time), but I like the sound of Reapers Toll and Highlords...gonna give it a try when I get home from work, thx man :thumbsup:

PS:Atmas Scarab has been really nice for me, it drops monsters in nothing flat after it flashes the Amp on them...try it out and see which one you like better; be interesting to compare notes.

-stik-

11. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

Personally, I wish I had gone the strafe/fury route for my maiden of frost and fury. Strafe looks like it does more damage than freezing arrow. Oh well...