Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Strafezon - Goldstrike vs WWS

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by JonProphet, Nov 3, 2006.

1. JonProphet

JonProphet IncGamers Member

Strafezon - Goldstrike vs WWS

Which is better? I'm building a strafer and I may come up short on Skill tree points, but from a pure stats standpoint it looks as if Goldstrike is better than WWS. I'm trying to get my levels up and STR to handle a WF but until then, which bow?

-JD-

2. Pooshy

Pooshy IncGamers Member

WWS for sure

Why?

Because it has Amp damage (2x) and % to do Deadly strike another 2x damage

3. JonProphet

Thanks.

-JD-

4. beltt

beltt IncGamers Member

I Dont agree.....
    Look at alle the additional dam and ar and speed on goldstrike....
    I Use it in hell atm and its not even upped...

Regards *Perverted-mind

5. CoRRuPt-OnE

CoRRuPt-OnE IncGamers Member

Both are good solutions no matter what. WWS has quadruple damage, res, 2x sockets, and low strength reqs so it offers more flexibility in your gear. Because of this people usually pick it over GS.

Also, the casting could interfere with your strafing but it really isnt that noticeable.

6. JonProphet

I'm also Non-Ladder.

-JD-

7. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Goldstrike doesn't have that much "extra damage". Remember, WWS packs 1% Deadly Strike per level. Each time DS triggers, you deal double damage. In the most extreme example- at clvl 99, WWS will effectively be dealing double damage on every hit, meaning a best-possible WWS will deal 116 damage per hit, compared to 105 for a best-possible GSA. Now, a GSA with some Critical Strike will begin to pass WWS by again... until the Amplify Damage triggers. When Amp triggers, that same best-possible WWS will average at least 232 damage per hit- a number GSA could never reach if it tried.

Also, GSA has more IAS on it, but that doesn't make it a faster bow. WWS is a base-0 speed bow, while GSA is a base-10 speed. If you double-shael the WWS and single-shael the GSA (because it only gets one socket), the WWS will be 46% IAS away from the 9/2 breakpoint, while the GSA will be 50% away from the 9/2 breakpoint- so essentially they're the same speed, with WWS being just a teensy tiny bit faster overall.

After that, it's just a question of looking at the rest of the mods. GSA adds 100-150% AR, which is fantastic, but which stacks additively with the AR from Strafe and Penetrate, so the higher level your strafe and pene, the less useful it is. It also adds +100-200% Damage to Demons and Undead, which is again fantastic, and probably enough to pull its damage averages even with WWS (so they'll both deal comparable damage per hit, and both be pretty much the same speed, after all is said and done). The WWS, on the other hand, fires slvl 20 Magic Arrows, which means that, between the Amp and the Magic Arrows, you've got your PI solution built in. And WWS's 40% Resist-all blows GSA's +12 Replenish life out of the water, since +12 replenish life essentially amounts to +1 life per second (meaning it'll take you 15 minutes to refill your red orb if you have 900 life).

GSA is a very nice bow, and is certainly hell-viable... but WWS will deal just as much damage, be just as fast, have a better PI solution, add 40% Resist-all, and have a second socket (which means it's more flexible).

In the end though, even unupgraded, both bows are Hell Viable if you're patient.

8. Fuzzier

Fuzzier IncGamers Member

Goldstrike Arch will pause your attack when cast-on-striking-skill is triggered, very annoying sometimes.