Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Strafer Threads: Why no talk of upgraded Twitchtroe

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Deathlok2001, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

Strafer Threads: Why no talk of upgraded Twitchtroe

Why does no one ever mention this armour? I like it the best! it has 20% IAS, adds to strength & dex, & has some other useful mods...
    I have a lvl 86 strafer & thats what she uses. She also has 130% IAS, very fast......I socketed my twitch with a 40/15 jewel, which now gives 40% ed & 35 % IAS

After all, resistences & defence are not important for the strafer, she uses speed to kill, so nothing should hit her......

2. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

I also do not see alot of people mentioning the IK gloves/boots combo.....25% IAS & 25% MF, 20 to strength & dex, 40% FRW & some other mods....its either that or sigons gloves/boots combo......

I chose the IK combo, i already have 19% LL......

3. ConFusion

ConFusion IncGamers Member

Well, I've always loved the twitchtroe, but to upgrade it completely... I don't know. The mods on it are perfect for it's level, but you're way better off trading a jeweler's armor of the whale and socket it with 4x IAS jewels (60% ias).

You're also wasting Twitchtroe's bonus to blocking when using it in bow-mode. Pity really.

4. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

whats wrong with upgrading it?......the runes are no big deal, ll it takes is tal & sheal & BOOM! upgraded!

5. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

I agree that Twitchthrow is a good strafer armor for the 20 IAS as well as dexterity. However, I agree that there's not much point in upgrading it- the defense is still horrid even if you upgrade it to a wire fleece. The advantage to the armor is the IAS and dexterity for a strafeazon, who will not have enough defense even with an elite twitchthrow to stop much any attacks, and shouldn't be getting hit much anyhow.

6. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

I am NON ladder, so it can only be upgraded once.....i just like the way it looks when upgraded.......

either this or crowcaw

7. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Go for the Crowcaw, the Twitch's time has passed:(