Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Strafeazons

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by KTang, Apr 6, 2004.

1. KTang

KTang <font color="#93ad4f">Official Diablo 3 Item Value

Strafeazons

Was just wondering, but is there a guide/template for a MF Strafeazon? I'm interested to try one for the pit as I hear its great :) I've heard theres been better, but I haven't made an ama since 0.8, and that one sucked :/

If there isn't, could someone state the basics? Prefably with FA, I hear thats good unless theres better..? Cheers

KT

2. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

I am not a expert by any means - I just like to play zons and I would do it in this way:

1.Fast weapon (frames/attack<9)
    2. Max or ~max resists
    3.700-1000 hp
    4.dex>350

Skills:
    max strafe
    max FA
    max Valky
    dodge etc - enough to get ca 50% each with +skills
    Pierce/CS - balanced with your gear - ideally 100% i both of them

Gear:
    Thats a lot of good stuff, I think M´avina´s set rules. Just look for stuff with IAS, CB, KB, % cast amplify dmg, pierce, frw.
    Charms - resists, el dmg and everythig else you don´t have in your gear. Cold charms makes chiling time longer - it´s good to have a couple of them even if dmg is not that great.
    Have a fun

3. KTang

Well I'll be going for MF Pit runs, so I do generally want 250% MF atLEAST
    Aiming for the fastest killing speed while maintaining that MF..

BTW - I heard FA isn't needed and you can live without it, and since I'll be using reapers toll on my, say might merc? I'll try without (unless its better with?) FA and get my merc to mow down the PIs with decripify.

EQ:
    Bow: Shael WF, best possible choice I guess, although I have a 15 ias jewel with 2 to mana after kill, and that sounds pretty sweet since the WF will be my only mana leecher.
    Armor: Hmm, aiming for Skully atm with PT, or i could try cubing a CoH..just working it out, 2 sur, 4 ohm, 8 vex, 16 guls...atm I have two guls, 3 mals, 2 ums...making 3 guls..and 13 more to go..*cough* Scrapping CoH plan
    Boots: Just reading about and heard Shanksie say about Ik Boots/gloves/belt, well I could go for Ik Boots/Gloves, looking at the mods it looks fantastic. Strength, Dex, IAS, AR, F/W, MF and Life. :clap: Although I could use my 36 wts, but my hammerdin who I use for baal running is using them, so I can scrap that plan.
    Gloves: Same as above, but I hear LoH is great. Theres no better gloves over LoH I take it?
    Belt: I won't go for Ik/boots/gloves/belt because the 3rd set bonus doesn't pull me in further enough, prefer a UPG. Goldwrap.
    Rings: Ok, heres where I have to think. Angelic rings x 2 and angelic ammy? A skill, MF, AR, Life...hmm :scratch: Or I could go for Ravenfrost, Leech ring (I'll need to find one, although I got a mana one which could be useful with dex or str, can't remember) or even BK Ring, but need MF not Skills and poor leech :) So could go with 30 Nagel.
    Ammy: Either the Angelic, or Atmas, I hear thats good. I could always buy Cats Eye, but I won't really need the IAS will I? Can go for Highlords...but I don't know.
    Helmet: Shako, thats all thanks :) Unless there REALLY is a better helm then shako.

Max Strafe
    Max Valk
    6 Dodge, 6 Avoid, 1 Evade? Or 6/6/6? Or something else?
    Max Penetrate, although I hear some people live with 1 Penetrate.
    Hmm, 5 Pierce..maybe 6-8.
    As for Critical strike, now thats where I get stuck..I can go for 2 I guess. And one point in all pre reqs.

That should hook 250+ MF while maintaining good damage...right?

4. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

see, there are MANY possible ways to go. Do NOT ignore crushing blow! CB + fast bow + strafe = really sick dmg. Goreriders + Guillaume's Face = 50% CB + 30% DS + 10% open wounds. If you add to these two items only 6 points in CS and only +3 skills you will get 50% chance for CB AND 67% chance for double dmg. And if you use High Lord´s... just count yourself
    Do not try to make a zon to be a m-finder!!! If you want hunt uniques/sets - make a sorc. Forget mf. Make your zon just to have some fun and (may be) to find something really good - not a uniqe but REALLY good - eth zerk axe, a high rune, fire skiller/3x hp, other charms... Uniques are not worth a **** any more - you can buy this things for a couple of p gems.
    IK belt- BAH - it´s just ridiculous! You don´t play baba - you play zon, you don´t need that much state points. You need pierce - go for Razortail if you don´t use buri and.... Don´t use buri.

5. KTang

But the dex :( And the uber kill pitness :surprise: must go mf >< I hate sorcs, I'm seriously anti-sorc. Uniques are great actually, who knows, I'll find another WF and shako etc :) It never hurts to have too many shakos. And I won't use buri, and as for IK, need all that the 2 set items offer though :( Forget CB, going for the MF m8 :/ And pierce....err *scratch* I'll have to rely on Pierce skill :/

6. Orcin

Orcin IncGamers Member

One point in FA for the slowing effect on crowds if you want.

Great choice.

If you are making a zon to MF, then this is your only option. 250% mf is a logical goal. I would shoot for 275% since the diminishing returns formula "sweet spot" is about there, giving an effective 200%.

Skullders w/pt = ~130 at level 85
    decent Gheeds = ~35
    shako w/pt = 74
    other equip/charms = 35-40, not too hard

If you choose to skip MF gear or can find 130% mf somewhere else in your gear (not likely IMO), then Lionheart runeword is nice armor and I also like Duriel's. This assumes that you are like me and can't afford the fancy stuff.

I would not go in this direction myself, because you don't get any life steal until you equip 4 IK items. Look at Sigon's gloves + belt. They give 10% life leech along with 30% IAS and a couple of other useful mods including fire resist. There are a lot of good mods on the IK items though, so they are hard to criticize.

Too bad, because WT just might be the best boots available for a Strafezon. The mods are great, and the 15-25 damage gets multiplied by all of your skill adders. Oh, and did I mention that this will make up the remainder of the MF that you need? Check around, you might be surprised at how cheap a 30-35% pair is these days.

My favorite non-WT boots for a zon are Waterwalks for the nice life boost and dex.

See boots comment above. Another good option would be Nosferatu's Coil with either LoH or rare/crafted zon gloves that have 20%IAS and life/mana leech.

I say Raven for one slot to get the extremely valuable "cannot be frozen" mod. The cold damage is nice too. The other ring could be the best rare you can find with some AR and life steal IMO, but there are a lot of good options. You could also go nagel here if you choose not to use WT boots.

I say Highlord's or Cat's Eye, here's why. You need 89 IAS to get to 9/3 speed with the Windforce. You really don't want any less speed. If you get 40% from the bow + shael and 30% from boots/gloves, you still need 20% from somewhere. You can't get there with one IAS jewel, so either waste 2 sockets (=48% lost MF) or get it with the ammy. Both of these offer 20% IAS, and they have other nice mods.

Not to get 74% mf.

If you decide later that survival from Black Soul attacks and Ghoul Lord hot-foot is more important than MF, you could look at a good rare zon circlet or Kira's Guardian.

Max Strafe and Valk... check.
    Pierce = 8 or more
    Dodge, Avoid = ehhh maybe not 6 but a few anyway
    Penetrate = a few but not max
    Critical Strike = at least 8 (you don't like 2x damage?)
    ...maybe less CS if you use Highlord's.

Yes, I think we got there. Don't overlook resists. You have kind of backed yourself in a corner here, so you need to get a lot from charms. Of course, you will want to focus on lightning, then fire. Highlord's gives 35% lit resist, so that might be a reason to choose it over Cat's Eye. A good rare set of boots might be a good option for resists if you can pick up the MF elsewhere. Sigon's gloves give 20% fire. That odd ring could be a source for resists also. Sometimes you can gamble resist all/mf rings or just use a good rare leech ring with resists.

7. KTang

Thanks for the tips :)

Just to say something though, I'll have 10% from my Goldwrap..so hmm..

WF - 40%
    Highlords (Yeah, I'll go on and take your advice) - 20%
    Boots/Gloves - 30%
    Goldwrap - 10%

And you say I need 89%..hmm

WF could be socketed with 15% ias jewel, 2 mana meaning..

WF - 35% IAS
    Highlords - 20%
    Goldwrap - 10%
    Boots/gloves - 30%

Still gives 95%, and the breakpoint is 89% if I'm correct? :)

Thing is, if I go IK, I can rely on the LL of my ring, and thats all I really need..6% should be good enough? :/ And I'd still hit the break point with 90%.
    Gain a BUNDLE of dex, meaning more damage, a bundle of strength, meaning...err :scratch: oh yeah WF *cough*..anyway..AR, Life and MF..while the sigons requires 3 items for MF, has no dex, lower FW, lower AR, no Life BUT I'll give you one thing. It has 40% CR :) COULD go with WTs, but nah..only would supply 11% more MF, although I see your point. Has no dex though either, and I prefer IK to WTs/LoH, unless thats better..?

Now lets see for res, I can sacrifice a few spaces for res charms.
    Got one 4 all res, one 3 all res, thats 7, got 30 from the anyas, thats 37.

....right I only have 37 res. Thats a REAL bad problem..-63 res in Hell (Or does it go to -200, can't remember :/) Oh dear..hmm..got a 13 res all gc to add, making it 50, will have to load up on scs big time.

Edit: saw the 35 on highlords, that means -63 others and -28 on LR.

8. Orcin

Orcin IncGamers Member

You need 100% to overcome the hell penalty less 30% that you will ultimately get from your three Anya quests. So your 50% will actually leave you with -30% at the start of hell difficulty and -20% after the hell Anya rescue. Highlord's could put you at +15% on lightning, congratulations!

You will not survive long with negative resists in hell, trust me on that one. Even in the pit, you will find some elemental attackers among the uniques. So you will need to compromise somewhere in your gear to compensate at least a little. You don't need to max anything, but I would encourage you to get a decent lightning resist (50%?) and get the rest at least positive.

Here are some suggestions for more resistance to all:
    - witchwild string bow instead of windforce +40%
    - annihilus charm +10 to 20%
    - kira's circlet +50 to 70% (but you lose 74%mf)
    - lionheart armor +30% (but you lose 130%mf)

9. KTang

Decided to trade in my shako with a Kiras :) That would greatly improve my res.

And you have just reminded my I have an anni :p And 74 mf doesnt bother me, as long as I maintain 250%.

25% IK
    30% Goldwrap
    About all my inventory 70~
    Skullders ~120

And thats about 245%, that HAS to be sweet enough :) Could find the extra 30% somewhere (Since you said it was pretty nice) Maybe I can level the zon a bit more, and then get some more MF charms (Which I should be able to get pretty easily)

10. Orcin

Orcin IncGamers Member

Don't forget that you can socket that Kira's and add a ptopaz for 24%mf.

You will get good experience running the pit all the way to the high 80's, and decent exp just getting to the pit in your 70's. So don't worry too much about working to level up, just get your gear ready and start your runs.

You need to be 77 to use Kira's so I would run NM Baal until then. Your resists will be fine in NM and he is easy with good drops and decent experience even at 76.

Good luck!

11. cowtestickles

cowtestickles IncGamers Member

k so wut would be the ideal set up for a mf pit running strafe zon? i'm making one too and just wondering? i got skullder/tals armour wf and that helm with the rests but also shakos ect... wut would be the ideal set up without using a coh?