Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

strafeazon needs advice vs PI's

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Superhal, May 25, 2005.

1. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

strafeazon needs advice vs PI's

my buriza strafer was doing really well through nm and hell a1. however, in a2, phys immunes were a huge problem. my basic build so far:

20 valk
    20 strafe
    5 multishot
    1 in all pre-req's
    level 74
    26 unspent skill points.

eq: stealskull
    ravenfrost
    dwarf star
    rare ammy with skills/mana/ML
    nef'd buriza
    ik gloves/boots
    laying of hands
    smoke armor
    might merc

i'm very happy with her performance over all non-pi's. she gets around 2k damage with might, and is relatively hardy thanks to the resists and absorbs. at first, i tried using the witchwild string, but that was really awful. amp damage would seldom if ever come out, and i couldn't leech as i was waiting for amp. (as a side note, stoneskin boss ghosts keep PI through amp damage.)

i intend on continuing to use the buriza and eventually upgrading it to a colossus crossbow.

my options:
    1. use the skills on freezing arrow, lightning fury, magic arrow, or exploding arrow. I did hope however to use the skills for decoy or something to make my valk stronger. i have some good javs as well.

2. try to get elemental damage somewhere: i might get a hellrack or something. other than hellrack, this option doesn't really appeal to me as the best i could possibly do is 300 elemental damage, or a 600 pd bow.

notes:
    pierce: i currently have only 1 in pierce as buriza has max piercing already, and will be my main weapon, so this would really hurt me if i went for one of the jav skills or used a different weapon.

partial trang's: i have trang's armor and gloves, so i could go the fireball route.

thanks in advance for any replies

ps. other than the attacks, what is better for the unspent skill points? should i synergize valk, or go with defense?

2. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

1 - I would equip my merc with reapers toll! Decripify rules! :D
    2 - Otherwise use upped wws on switch (Amp damage takes care of PI's)
    3 - If u play ladder and you are rich give your might Merc INFINITY!!! Conviction kicks "#"#! :D

/Dec

3. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Don't forget the level 20 magic arrow also built into the WWS. If amp takes too long, just fire magic arrows (ie normal attack), and when amp triggers (and they're not stoneskin) switch over to Strafe with your Buri. In my book, WWS is the Strafer's best solution to PIs. Upgrade when you can for even better performance.

4. sexyfool

sexyfool IncGamers Member

Atma's scarab. ;)

5. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

I suggest you make a Harmony bow, stack some elemental charms and just keep strafing. Cold would be best since it plays to the Burza's strength. Also invest in the cold skill tree. FA with a Burrito is great.

OT, one of the most amazing visuals I have seen in this game is strafing PI ichies in Hell Kurast in the dark with a Harmony bow. It is a great fireworks display and they all die too ;)

6. SlainByPain

SlainByPain IncGamers Member

If you have a jav on switch, Lightning bolt works very well againt PIs. (100% dmg converted to lightning dmg)