Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Strafe Zon / WWS question

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by thehulkbus, Mar 18, 2004.

1. thehulkbus

thehulkbus IncGamers Member

Strafe Zon / WWS question

In building a strict strafe zon which skills do I put my points into? I would imagine....
    20 strafe
    20 penetrate
    max with equip, Pierce
    17 valk
    then what else?

Also with the WWS bow, everyone talks about the magic arrows. I looked at mine yesterday and it says "fires magic arrows". Are those lvl 20 MA or do you have to upgrade it to a diamond bow to get lvl 20 MA? Also, what runes etc are needed to upgrade it to the next level (Elite)

2. leesh

leesh Guest

Well with WWS, its not just MA that makes WWS a great bow, just the fact you can upgraded it and have 2 sockets along with the crazy 50% resists along with Good % critical at higher lvls, chance to cast Amp, and did i mention 2 sockets? make this one great bow.

For your questions:
    20 lit fury
    titans/choice of shield on switch for Physical Immunes

You dont have to upgrade to get the lvl 20 MA, its bonus on weapon as is. I rarely use Magic arrow because of lit fury.

1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon

3. Krunch_Kidney

Krunch_Kidney IncGamers Member

that recipe only works for ladder characters, just thought I'd mention it...

4. det

det IncGamers Member

Okay, I have a WWS, but it came with an AMN/Shael..so i am wondering (since I get Tals mask at lv 66) if I should uses the unsocket recipe and rather Shael Shael it :scratch: It does not look like I can get a Cats eye ammy...so any source of IAS might be important.

Also...what lv will it be as a Diamond bow upgrade (Diamond bow normaly has a lv 54 req...but since Short Siege bow is 25 and the WWS 39, I hope the level req does nor rise by 14 when it get upgraded)

5. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

The level req is 61. But, you can play in Hell with a non-upgraded bow. I had already cleared acts 1 and 2 before I picked up the runes to up' the bow.

6. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

regarding skill allocation, in my guide i suggest
    20 Strafe
    20 penetrate
    20 valk

then take Peirce and Crit Strike up to the point where 1 more skill point gives you +1% - of the top of my head thats - 11 crit (58%) / 14 peirce (79%)

that takes you up to ~clvl 78 (depending on skill quests done), once you are there the choice is yours - either more crit / peirce or extra decoy for valk, or more d/a/e (mine are all at 1 point, with 6/6/6 with +skills).

WWS is indeed an excellent bow, and the only thing that seperates the it from the WF when i am using it is the lack of ML, and to get ML from a rune is Vex :|

so its a rare dual leech ring, or do what i do and WWS for a bit, then with low mana, switch to a bow with ML on - Lycanders or WF both have good ML.

The upp'ed WWS is indeed lvl 61 rqd, and Pul + Lum + P emerald is indeed the forumla to upgrade it. well worth it imo, dunno about the MA tho.

7. det

det IncGamers Member

And I suppose you would socket it according to your other equipment to reach 9/2 Strafe? Which IIRC is 86 IAS...that means, Dual Shael and 2x IAS jewels in equipment and 20 IAS gloves...or Cats Eye, or Highlords

8. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

Well it's one nice bow, and yes i would 2*shael it, as vex'ing it simply isn't going to happen. 9/2 is an easy one to aim for, with 40 on wws (once dual shael'd), 10 on most belt choices (bar razortail), then 20 from gloves and 20 from ammy seem the easy way to go (as it is 86 for 9/2 with a diamond bow base), leaving you helm and armour to use as you see fit.

That said 105 is the next bp for 8/2, and 15 IAS is very easy to add in helm/armour. (or would u need 106 to actually have more than the bp - it's late and the beer has kicked in) :scratch:

9. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

105 is the BP for 8/2. I use an IAS'd Steelskull with Highlords, LOH, and either an IAS'd Tals or Dury Shell for armor. I hit 9/2 with an IAS/max jewel and nef in the bow. The Duriels allows me to equip a Demon Limb in my 2 slot for enchant. The Tals is for the pits,tunnels etc.

10. Liessa Wyrmbane

Liessa Wyrmbane IncGamers Member

I have as skills:
    20 Strafe
    20 Valk
    13 Dodge
    13 Evade
    13 Avoid
    9 Pierce
    1 Penetrate

I have only 1 pt in Penetrate because I use Demonlimb on weapon switch to cast lvl 23 Enchant on myself. It gives me more Attack Rating than maxed Penetrate.

As for IAS, I went:
    40%IAS on bow
    20%IAS on knockback gloves
    20%IAS on Cat's Eye
    15%IAS on Tal's Mask

That way my armor doesn't have to have any IAS so I can use Lionheart (and maybe CoH if I get lucky)...

Regards,
    Liessa