Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

strafe/multi on FA zon

Discussion in 'Classic' started by norvi11erogers, Sep 5, 2006.

1. norvi11erogers

norvi11erogers IncGamers Member

strafe/multi on FA zon

I'm remaking my FA zon and I will be using a physical damage attack. Since pierce only works when you actually hit a monster, and since FA's damage is increased greatly by pierce, it only makes sense that one would have a similar stat and skill point distribution (lots in dex and penetrate) to a physical skill. Which skill, strafe or multi, is better in classic? I've read the stickied thread in the amazon forum, but it seems many of the arguments hold only for lod, eg, chance to cast.

Setup:

Freezing Arrow 20
    Ice Arrow 10+
    Valk 8+
    d/e/a couple each
    pierce 9ish
    penetrate 5-10 (maybe more)
    critical strike ??

This comes to about 60-70 skill points. I figure I'll have 10-20 more. Where will these points be better spent? Anyone have experience with these skills in classic? Will i need to use angelic ring/sigon's helm, or will my ar be high enough from dex and skills? How much should i put into critical strike?

I also need to get a bow with some or all of the following mods (West sccl): good damage, cold damage, skills, mana leech.

2. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

In the case of a FA zon imho it would be much better to go with strafe. Why? Well for one FA is your crowd killer. So you physical attack would be best suited to pick of the small groups of 1 or more cold immunes. Since Multi aarow reduces you dmg by 1/4 it isn't as good as strafe. Multi would be much better suited as crowd control, if you plan on killings lots of cows go multi, but since you are packing FA strafe compliments your build much better!

3. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Strafe damage is is also reduced by 1/4. But I agree that Strafe/FA is a good build for PvM.

4. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

But once you put enough skills into strafe doesn't it increase damage?

5. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

yes and no...as you put points into it you will receive a damage % bonus...at lvl 20 that bonus is 100%...regardless of that bonus when using strafe you still get hit with the 3/4 weapon damage penalty.

i would recommend strfe too...mana leech is always a problem when using FA...strafe will refill your blue bulb fast.

6. norvi11erogers

norvi11erogers IncGamers Member

Yeah, eventually. The other question I have is about skill point placement. It seems like strafe is best when maxed whereas multi is effective (possibly more effective) with only 5-10 points invested. If i can only realistically spend 10 points in the skill itself, will those points be better spent in multi or strafe?

Strafe lock also scares me somewhat.

And seriously, i need a bow.

7. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

if you only have 10 points to spend then multi may be the way to go...strafelock is not that bad...you just have to always be aware of what's going on around you...sorry can't help you out with your bow problem. :tongue:

8. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I just posted one in the eval thread. East, Softcore ladder. :)

with some dodge/avoid, even my lvl 42 non ladder zon didn't die too much while tagging along in cs runs. I jumped to ladder before finishing her, but may go back and mess around with her a bit. (she has a much nicer bow than I posted, but can't use it yet)

9. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

I still see it as a question of what you are going to use it for. FA is going to be your crow control. Strafe I think would be used in only two stiuations. 1) there being a few stragglers left that needs to be killed or 2) killing cold immunes. Now Strafe dealing more dmg than Multi deals with those to scenarios much better IMO. Why? You have increased damge which multi doesn't have. Multi shines at taking out a large group of monsters, such as cows, however you have freezing aarow. Use strafe as what it would be intended for in this build and you shall be fine!