Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Strafe guide?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by leesh, Feb 16, 2004.

1. leesh

leesh Guest

Strafe guide?

Was there a 1.10 Strafe guide before the boards got messed up?

Iam trying to make a Strafeazon and have no clue how to start one. I notice most of the posts are about other subclasses other than pure strafeazon. What would be a good setup? best bow? iam planning on using atma's scarab for the amp damage because it was really useful back in 1.09 and iam assuming its still good for 1.10. If you can help with stats and skill placement i would really appreciated. Thank you.

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

well there is no pure strafer out there my sniperzon build i just on of man ybuilds that uses strafe.

hard to say what the best equipment are and so on.

i think most would agree that its nice to get a level 17 valk in 1.10

other then that well its up to you really.

low on ar well if you cant fix it with gear get penetrate up.

as for stats thats fairly simple

str enough for your gear
    dex as high as possible (not so for pure magezons)
    vita well some likes to live dangerous and leave it at base myself i would go for 70-120 in vita
    energy should be base for all builds except magezons who benifit for it

a good setup differ from zon to zon a magezon wont have the same equipment as a pure bowazon etc

there are so many diff strafe builds out there

go with MA and strafe and you use the same skills as i do in the sniperzon guide

use FA(base or maxed) and strafe and you have another build

use GA and strafe and you have yet another build

3. leesh

leesh Guest

Thanks for you help. I think i will go with GA and Strafe. should i use WF or upgrade one of the midlvl bows like Gold, Lycander?

4. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

well if you have a wf why dont use it myself i use a upgraded lyc and it works good with my setup

5. Eternal_evill

Eternal_evill IncGamers Member

I just started playing again and wanted to start an amazon but i see that guided arrow has been nerfed and multi isnt as good as before with cows being nerfed. Im not a real fan of the elemental arrow thing so would a build focusing on multi, strafe , and guided work or do you have to have the elemental skills pretty much.

6. Krunch_Kidney

Krunch_Kidney IncGamers Member

One thing is very clear, GA is worthless, period. Why would you invest in 3 physical damage skills? Doesn't make any sense, does it? Go with strafe. Why? Because strafe is both a crowd control skill and a single target skill. As you put pts into strafe both the maximum and the MINIMUM # of arrows increases. With a maxed strafe you will fire 7 arrows into a single target (if there's only one target, of course) making it far superior to GA. Also GA has been severely nerfed. It no longer pierces, which is what made it rock in 1.09. Not only that but its target finding ability has been crippled somewhat as well. Multi's alright, but then you'll still have to find a single target skill, so why not just go with strafe. My advice is to go with strafe and then pick some sort of elemental/magic damage skill such as FA or MA. Other skills you'll need will be a high lvl valk, a mid lvl pierce (depending on gear) and a high lvl penetrate.