Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

strafe bow question

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by kvist1, Apr 6, 2005.

1. kvist1

kvist1 IncGamers Member

strafe bow question

Hallo there. I'm new to amazons, ever play druid. I decide to make strafe amazon which is funny and new to me. I read few guides here and even make one unsuccessful strafer :D (i just want to know what are these skills for :) ).
    And here is my problem, i cant decide what bow will be better for her - witchwild ot windforce. From what i read it`s all up to you, everyone have his own favorite but since at the momment i can`t test upgraded 170 % witchwild and windforce, which one you could recommend.. i'm little scary from mine witchwild, i'm on hell now and i kill really hard (nonupgr. 152% if that have so big matter). I'm not rich also so.. what is better to look for .. and as a druid player i aim for speed and masive damage :D (who doesnt)

Sorry for bad english!

2. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

IMO opinion WF is better! In conjuction with a might merc using reapers toll u will have no problems dealing with PI monsters!

Sure u can shoot faster with upped shaelshael WWS but damage is king and WF is better than WWS. Try playing with a WWS in 8 player games and then try that with windforce...U will notice the difference!

/Dec

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I agree with Decebal...Windforce is definitely better. The reason people use Witchwild is that it's an awesome bow that is relatively easy to find, while Windforce is very rare. Witchwild has many awesome mods and is fast, but the damage isn't enough to topple the mighty Windforce. If you can get your hands on Windforce, then do it, otherwise Witchwild is an excellent bow...try to upgrade it for more damage.

4. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

if you play hardcore take a serious look at the wws...the extra resists may just save your bacon...softcore? go with the wf.

5. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Strong mer with good gear + strong valk + WF + resist sc and gear that gives resist should be ebough for hardcore too imo! With WF you kill faster and so minimazing the risk from monsters to attack you! Plus you have knocback on WF which is valuable! Of course you can get that from crafted hitpowergloves but i wiuld use LOH always! Gives resist + 350% ED to demons meaning u kill demons even faster with the added damage bonus!

/Dec

6. DudSpud

DudSpud IncGamers Member

I would like to give some exclamation points to the WWS, but the allotment for this thread has apparently been exceeded...

WWS is Hell viable, but I think requires more thought as to the build than does WF. Damage is not king - damage per second is King. The first key to this is making sure you hit a good strafe breakpoint - 9/2 in my opinion, which takes 90 IAS with the WWS and 120 with the WF. Two shaels in the WF and you are almost halfway there.

Second is making sure you hit, because with a lower damage weapon, every arrow counts. Thus, unlike a WW where the AR bonus is huge, you need to "synergize" strafe with penetrate. Pierce also helps.

Third is increasing your damage through off-weapon sources like Might Merc, high dex, charms, etc. I would not recommend putting more than 1 pt in crit strike for a WWS strafer as the bow gives 1%/clvl DS, which soon beats out the points in CS due to the latter's diminishing returns. Don't forget the damage to demons/undead mods, as this accounts for around a third of all monsters, and significantly higher in some areas. This, in addition to great FR and 20 IAS, is why LoH are so valued.

Finally, the irony is that, though I really like my Hell-viable Witchyzons, her purpose, other than the fun in playing her, is to MF so I can find/trade for a WF...

DudSpud