Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Strafazon Pit Run results.....

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Sir Charles, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Sir Charles

Sir Charles IncGamers Member

Strafazon Pit Run results.....

Pit Runs

Lvl ** Strafazon (Freezing arrow backup)
    MF 348% + (100% base MF) + (55% Merc. MF)

Run Finds
    1 Nothing
    2 Goreshovel, Sanders Riprap
    3 Nothing
    4 Nothing
    5 Dimoak’s Hew, SoulHarvest, Cathan’s Mesh
    6 Steelclash, Civerb’s Cudgel
    7 STORMSHIELD!! :O) My first one!
    8 Nothing
    9 Sigon’s Sabot
    10 Immortal King’s Pillar, Hsarus’ Iron Stay (Level up to 89)
    11 Sigon’s Wrap
    12 Husoldal Evo, Kinemil’s Awl
    13 Nothing
    14 Nothing
    15 Isenhart’s Case
    16 Sigon’s Sabot, Vidala’s Fetlock, Cleglaw’s Tooth, Ripsaw
    17 Giant Thresher(for “Doomâ€), HARLEQUIN CREST!!! :O) My first one!
    18 Hawkmail
    19 Venom Ward
    20 Isenhart’s Parry

I know 20 runs isn't a great display of what Pit runs can do, but I'll post more as they happen. In the first 20 though, the Stormshield, Harlequin Crest and Immortal King's Pillars were the best finds by far. I'll try to keep you all updated. :O) *heads back to run some more*

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Stormshield and shako in 20 runs. If you keep that consistent that would be awesome.

And just to clarify, that base of 100%mf is there to calculate the diminishing returns for uniques sets and rares. After it's all calculated, it won't be noticed. Check out my dimishing returns calc thread in statistics for more info.

Keep at it and keep us up to date.

3. Tonto Kowalski

Tonto Kowalski IncGamers Member

not bad. I only found Trang Oul armor so far in the pit, and I did some roughly the same amount of runs you did. But then I only have 231% mf. But I have found stormshields in act 5 hell, and other nice stuff. So, I don't know what the problem is with my mf amazon, maybe it is just that there is a higher chance for act 5 bosses to drop nice stuff.

4. Malignant

Malignant IncGamers Member

Man, great finds. I wish I had that kind of luck with uniques. I rarely find anything in the pits, and when I do, luckily its a good rune. Think I've found a vex and 2 mals there. The pit is really good about dropping socketed elite armors, which are useful for trading sometimes.

5. BoneSaw

BoneSaw IncGamers Member

single player with /players 8?

6. MortIIs

MortIIs IncGamers Member

Got strafezon lvl 89 5xx % mf so far nothing but nice things :) vex, Lo, tal armor, full trang set, gaint skull etc

7. Sir Charles

Yep...

you got it, players 8 single. I'm in the mid 20's now and my last run got me steelrends and Gargoyles bite. :eek:)

8. Sir Charles

Runs 21-40

21 Sander’s Riprap
    22 Nothing
    23 Nothing
    24 Steelrend, Gargoyle’s Bite
    25 Cathan’s Mesh
    26 Bloodrise
    27 Nothing
    28 Tal Rahsa’s Guardianship (reset map after this run)
    29 Nothing
    30 Kinemil’s Awl, Riphook, The Gnasher
    31 Nothing
    32 Blastbark, Bladebuckle
    33 Immortal King’s Stone Crusher
    34 Nothing
    35 Sigon’s Guard, Sigon’s Sabot
    36 Cathan’s Seal
    37 Toothrow
    38 Nothing
    39 Coldkill, Cleglaw’s Pincers
    40 Bloodthief, Manald Heal

Steelrend, Gargoyle's Bite, Tal's Armor and IK's Stone Crusher were the real gems of these 20 runs. I must say though, that I'm getting real sick of seeing Sigon's stuff and the lack of rings and ammy's. I've got 5 single players characters all over level 80 and I haven't found one single Stone of Jordan, or any amulet higher than a Mahim Oak Curio. Bummer. Well, I'll try to keep you updated.

9. Taft12

Taft12 IncGamers Member

I for one appreciate the stats -- it's particularly interesting that you track the crummy sets and uniques to give an idea of the frequency of the drops. Good show. Do you mind letting us in on the gear you wear?

10. Mehemnoc

Mehemnoc IncGamers Member

Yep. Sigons. I find a lot of those. Don't even bother with them, as much as I'd like to mule them off to lower level chars.

11. heinz43

heinz43 IncGamers Member

hi....i followed the guide for the pit runnin strafezon....but i have been finding it very hard to stay alive in the pit.....and anywhere else for that matter.....i think it is most likely my play style since this is the first zon i've built and am still gettin used to it.....but i'd really be interested in what gear that you wear for these runs? i have found it very hard to up my resistances in hell....especially while trying to wear a mf setup....let me know....thanks

12. Sir Charles

Okay, as for gear......

I play single player only, so getting high end gear hasn't been a big problem. The biggest reason I started running the pit was because the very first time my amazon reached the hell level pit I found a Buriza Do-Kyanon. My second run produced a Windforce. After that, I was HOOKED. I'd been playing single player for about 2 years and had yet to find either of those bows. (I play about 80-90% bowazon most of the time) So, as to my gear...

Windforce/Burito on switch (both socketed with P.Skulls)
    Harlequin Crest :socket p.topaz(found in listed pit run...previously Steelskull)
    Enigma runeword armor (in superior great Haurberk)
    Laying of Hands
    Waterwalk
    Goldwrap-upgraded to troll belt
    Ravenfrost
    Atma's Scarab
    Rare ring-4% life leech/7 resist all/7% mf
    Numerous small charms...mostly resist alls and MF

My Resists are 73%fire/23%cold/23%lightning/75%poison
    My Merc's resists are 75 for all

bow Skills
    Magic Arrow 4
    cold arrow 2
    Strafe 20
    Freezing arrow 20
    multi/ice arrow/guided/ 1 each

passive skills
    critical 8
    Avoid 2
    penetrate 16
    Pierce 7
    valkyrie 12
    inner sight/dodge/evade/slow missiles/decoy 1 each

Looking back I would've reallocated several of the skill points. Especially penetrate and Valkyrie. Penetrate is not really needed at high levels if you have good equipment that gives attack rating bonuses (which I do) and the stronger valk would be VERY handy in Hell. (as would more points in cold arrow synergy). But...I do well enough.

As for my Merc. He's a Thorns Act II merc equiped with Doom runeword Giant Thresher, Chains of Honor runeword Scarab Husk, Tal's mask socketed with an enhanced damage jewel. Him combined with my valk...I'm almost NEVER touched. And if for some rare reason I *do* get surrounded...TELEPORT. (enigma is NOT only for magic find) :O)

I hope that clears things up a bit. I just finished my 49th run. I'll post up to 50 shortly. Later!

PS. One last thing. Looking back, I would've gone for the blessed aim Act II merc instead of the thorns one. That would allow you to cut the Penetrate skill back to 1 and free up tons of skill points. You can still get a very useful aura from your merc by using the Doom runeword (Holy freeze) or even a Bramble runeword (Thorns). MAN! I love these runewords. :O)

13. Sir Charles

Okay here's runs 40-50....

Run Finds

40 Bloodthief, Manald Heal
    41 Nagelring
    42 Isenhart’s Case
    43 Spineripper
    44 Wizendraw, Sm Charm (20 life/30 def)
    45 Bonesnap
    46 Nothing
    47 Steeldriver, Tal Rasha’s Horadric Crest
    48 Nothing
    49 Nothing
    50 Dangoon’s Teaching

A few decent finds, but nothing that I didn't already have on my mules. *sigh*

1-50 run results
    28 total unique items
    23 total set items

FYI, I'm gonna keep running these blasted pits until I get a M'avina's set. So far...2 years playing....ONE FRIGGIN' PIECE. (belt) :-(

14. Bakers11

Bakers11 IncGamers Member

Thanks for all the Pit info. I am working my way up to doing the Pits and plan to post my finds. Awesome job.

15. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

I think the pit should be renamed "spike"

I have done 4 pit runs and found 3 wizard spikes.......kinda odd eh?

Ive only found 2 since ladder started, and to find 3 in 4 runs, well, what are the chances ?

16. Ruick

Ruick IncGamers Member

Sorry i'm still new to all the terms,etc. But by Pit what zone / area / act do you mean? Thanks.

17. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

Pit is in the tamoe highlands, act one, it has a enterance similar to the den of evil, and has 2 levels, and has a good chance to drop highend items.

18. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

The Pit is the hole in the ground located in the Tamoe Highlands in act1. The runs are being done at Hell level.

Btw Sir Charles, give the Ancient Tunnels in the Lost city a shot. I think you will be pleasantly surprized. I think it is equal to the pit in terms of drops.

Ah,beat me to it Tydon:)

19. heinz43

heinz43 IncGamers Member

thanks for the info on gear......i decided to just go ahead and play a little slower sittin back an killin enemies off screen (cuz most of my resists are in the red lol) but now im able to pit run ..... heres my gear....
    valk wing
    magic ammy with +1 to zon skills and 27% mf
    tals armor (lol for the res's and high mf)
    wf soc'd with shael
    39% chancies
    30 and 26% nagels
    goldwrap
    46% war travs
    couple res all charms and numerous mf charms

any suggestions?

on my first 15 or so runs i was quite lucky
    run1 - marrow walks
    run6 - bul kathos ring
    run7 - sm charm 3 max dmg 18 ar and 3 mf
    run9 - 46% war travs (wooooo)

all in all thanks for the info....oh yah ..... i was just gonna ask how long it roughly takes everyone to clear the pit (after u've found it)????

later

20. Sir Charles

I would personally switch out one of the nagels for a raven frost. There are numerous cold enchanted monsters in the pit and the cannot be frozen is a big help. Also, how's your life/mana leech? Losing a bit of magic find isn't a huge deal. I'd bump up your leeching. That Bul Kathos' is probably a good way to go. +2 skills on the ring will also let you possibly switch out either the valk wing or the ammy for a leeching item. Tal's mask would be a great choice especially since you're already wearing Tal's armor. If you've got the equipment for it, I'd suggest using Tal's armor, mask and belt. Getting rid of the valk wing makes you lose a + to skills (but that's made up for on Bul kathos') losing the goldwrap loses you some MF and 10% IAS. But the set bonus from 3 tal's items will give you 65% more MF and numerous other mods that are more useful IMO. Of course there are unlimited combinations of equipment choices, but I don't know what you have on your mules...so I'm sorta shooting in the dark here. :O)

Also, the chance guards...nice mf and gold find, but otherwise not that useful. Laying of hands has +350% enhanced damage to demons, a few sigon's peices gives you +30% IAS on the gloves, many of the high-end unique gloves are much better than chance guards. But one last option you may have overlooked would be crafted gloves. Caster gloves gives you mana regeneration mods, and the Blood gloves gives you life regeneration mods (plus crushing blow). Both are very useful with your layout. Plus they can have + to skill mods (randomly achieved though). Hit power gloves are usually the best ones for a strafazon due to knockback, but you've already got that covered with Windforce, so I'd avoid those gloves if I were you.

Anyway, I hope some of these suggestions are helpful. And one last thing...DANG...I'm jealous. Bul kathos', Marrow walks and war travelers! I've yet to find any of those 3. Nice finds!

PS. It generally takes me 10 minutes to make a complete run (from town to finish). I've got a pretty good map set-up. The pit is a very short distance from the waypoint (inner cloister).