Strafazon Pit Run results.....

Sir Charles

Diabloii.Net Member
Strafazon Pit Run results.....

Pit Runs

Lvl ** Strafazon (Freezing arrow backup)
MF 348% + (100% base MF) + (55% Merc. MF)

Run Finds
1 Nothing
2 Goreshovel, Sanders Riprap
3 Nothing
4 Nothing
5 Dimoak’s Hew, SoulHarvest, Cathan’s Mesh
6 Steelclash, Civerb’s Cudgel
7 STORMSHIELD!! :O) My first one!
8 Nothing
9 Sigon’s Sabot
10 Immortal King’s Pillar, Hsarus’ Iron Stay (Level up to 89)
11 Sigon’s Wrap
12 Husoldal Evo, Kinemil’s Awl
13 Nothing
14 Nothing
15 Isenhart’s Case
16 Sigon’s Sabot, Vidala’s Fetlock, Cleglaw’s Tooth, Ripsaw
17 Giant Thresher(for “Doomâ€), HARLEQUIN CREST!!! :O) My first one!
18 Hawkmail
19 Venom Ward
20 Isenhart’s Parry

I know 20 runs isn't a great display of what Pit runs can do, but I'll post more as they happen. In the first 20 though, the Stormshield, Harlequin Crest and Immortal King's Pillars were the best finds by far. I'll try to keep you all updated. :O) *heads back to run some more*

Shadow_247

Diabloii.Net Member
Stormshield and shako in 20 runs. If you keep that consistent that would be awesome.

And just to clarify, that base of 100%mf is there to calculate the diminishing returns for uniques sets and rares. After it's all calculated, it won't be noticed. Check out my dimishing returns calc thread in statistics for more info.

Keep at it and keep us up to date.

Tonto Kowalski

Diabloii.Net Member
not bad. I only found Trang Oul armor so far in the pit, and I did some roughly the same amount of runs you did. But then I only have 231% mf. But I have found stormshields in act 5 hell, and other nice stuff. So, I don't know what the problem is with my mf amazon, maybe it is just that there is a higher chance for act 5 bosses to drop nice stuff.

Malignant

Diabloii.Net Member
Man, great finds. I wish I had that kind of luck with uniques. I rarely find anything in the pits, and when I do, luckily its a good rune. Think I've found a vex and 2 mals there. The pit is really good about dropping socketed elite armors, which are useful for trading sometimes.

MortIIs

Diabloii.Net Member
Got strafezon lvl 89 5xx % mf so far nothing but nice things :) vex, Lo, tal armor, full trang set, gaint skull etc

Sir Charles

Diabloii.Net Member
Runs 21-40

21 Sander’s Riprap
22 Nothing
23 Nothing
24 Steelrend, Gargoyle’s Bite
25 Cathan’s Mesh
26 Bloodrise
27 Nothing
28 Tal Rahsa’s Guardianship (reset map after this run)
29 Nothing
30 Kinemil’s Awl, Riphook, The Gnasher
31 Nothing
32 Blastbark, Bladebuckle
33 Immortal King’s Stone Crusher
34 Nothing
35 Sigon’s Guard, Sigon’s Sabot
36 Cathan’s Seal
37 Toothrow
38 Nothing
39 Coldkill, Cleglaw’s Pincers
40 Bloodthief, Manald Heal

Steelrend, Gargoyle's Bite, Tal's Armor and IK's Stone Crusher were the real gems of these 20 runs. I must say though, that I'm getting real sick of seeing Sigon's stuff and the lack of rings and ammy's. I've got 5 single players characters all over level 80 and I haven't found one single Stone of Jordan, or any amulet higher than a Mahim Oak Curio. Bummer. Well, I'll try to keep you updated.

Taft12

Diabloii.Net Member
I for one appreciate the stats -- it's particularly interesting that you track the crummy sets and uniques to give an idea of the frequency of the drops. Good show. Do you mind letting us in on the gear you wear?

Mehemnoc

Diabloii.Net Member
Sir Charles said:

Steelrend, Gargoyle's Bite, Tal's Armor and IK's Stone Crusher were the real gems of these 20 runs. I must say though, that I'm getting real sick of seeing Sigon's stuff and the lack of rings and ammy's. I've got 5 single players characters all over level 80 and I haven't found one single Stone of Jordan, or any amulet higher than a Mahim Oak Curio. Bummer. Well, I'll try to keep you updated.
Yep. Sigons. I find a lot of those. Don't even bother with them, as much as I'd like to mule them off to lower level chars.

heinz43

Diabloii.Net Member
hi....i followed the guide for the pit runnin strafezon....but i have been finding it very hard to stay alive in the pit.....and anywhere else for that matter.....i think it is most likely my play style since this is the first zon i've built and am still gettin used to it.....but i'd really be interested in what gear that you wear for these runs? i have found it very hard to up my resistances in hell....especially while trying to wear a mf setup....let me know....thanks

Sir Charles

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay, as for gear......

I play single player only, so getting high end gear hasn't been a big problem. The biggest reason I started running the pit was because the very first time my amazon reached the hell level pit I found a Buriza Do-Kyanon. My second run produced a Windforce. After that, I was HOOKED. I'd been playing single player for about 2 years and had yet to find either of those bows. (I play about 80-90% bowazon most of the time) So, as to my gear...

Windforce/Burito on switch (both socketed with P.Skulls)
Harlequin Crest :socket p.topaz(found in listed pit run...previously Steelskull)
Enigma runeword armor (in superior great Haurberk)
Laying of Hands
Waterwalk
Goldwrap-upgraded to troll belt
Ravenfrost
Atma's Scarab
Rare ring-4% life leech/7 resist all/7% mf
Numerous small charms...mostly resist alls and MF

My Resists are 73%fire/23%cold/23%lightning/75%poison
My Merc's resists are 75 for all

bow Skills
Magic Arrow 4
cold arrow 2
Strafe 20
Freezing arrow 20
multi/ice arrow/guided/ 1 each

passive skills
critical 8
Avoid 2
penetrate 16
Pierce 7
valkyrie 12
inner sight/dodge/evade/slow missiles/decoy 1 each

Looking back I would've reallocated several of the skill points. Especially penetrate and Valkyrie. Penetrate is not really needed at high levels if you have good equipment that gives attack rating bonuses (which I do) and the stronger valk would be VERY handy in Hell. (as would more points in cold arrow synergy). But...I do well enough.

As for my Merc. He's a Thorns Act II merc equiped with Doom runeword Giant Thresher, Chains of Honor runeword Scarab Husk, Tal's mask socketed with an enhanced damage jewel. Him combined with my valk...I'm almost NEVER touched. And if for some rare reason I *do* get surrounded...TELEPORT. (enigma is NOT only for magic find) :O)

I hope that clears things up a bit. I just finished my 49th run. I'll post up to 50 shortly. Later!

PS. One last thing. Looking back, I would've gone for the blessed aim Act II merc instead of the thorns one. That would allow you to cut the Penetrate skill back to 1 and free up tons of skill points. You can still get a very useful aura from your merc by using the Doom runeword (Holy freeze) or even a Bramble runeword (Thorns). MAN! I love these runewords. :O)

Sir Charles

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay here's runs 40-50....

Run Finds

40 Bloodthief, Manald Heal
41 Nagelring
42 Isenhart’s Case
43 Spineripper
44 Wizendraw, Sm Charm (20 life/30 def)
45 Bonesnap
46 Nothing
47 Steeldriver, Tal Rasha’s Horadric Crest
48 Nothing
49 Nothing
50 Dangoon’s Teaching

A few decent finds, but nothing that I didn't already have on my mules. *sigh*

1-50 run results
28 total unique items
23 total set items

FYI, I'm gonna keep running these blasted pits until I get a M'avina's set. So far...2 years playing....ONE FRIGGIN' PIECE. (belt) :-(

Bakers11

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for all the Pit info. I am working my way up to doing the Pits and plan to post my finds. Awesome job.

tydon

Diabloii.Net Member
I think the pit should be renamed "spike"

I have done 4 pit runs and found 3 wizard spikes.......kinda odd eh?

Ive only found 2 since ladder started, and to find 3 in 4 runs, well, what are the chances ?

Ruick

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry i'm still new to all the terms,etc. But by Pit what zone / area / act do you mean? Thanks.

tydon

Diabloii.Net Member
Pit is in the tamoe highlands, act one, it has a enterance similar to the den of evil, and has 2 levels, and has a good chance to drop highend items.

YogiRat

Diabloii.Net Member
The Pit is the hole in the ground located in the Tamoe Highlands in act1. The runs are being done at Hell level.

Btw Sir Charles, give the Ancient Tunnels in the Lost city a shot. I think you will be pleasantly surprized. I think it is equal to the pit in terms of drops.

Ah,beat me to it Tydon:)

heinz43

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for the info on gear......i decided to just go ahead and play a little slower sittin back an killin enemies off screen (cuz most of my resists are in the red lol) but now im able to pit run ..... heres my gear....
valk wing
magic ammy with +1 to zon skills and 27% mf
tals armor (lol for the res's and high mf)
wf soc'd with shael
39% chancies
30 and 26% nagels
goldwrap
46% war travs
couple res all charms and numerous mf charms

any suggestions?

on my first 15 or so runs i was quite lucky
run1 - marrow walks
run6 - bul kathos ring
run7 - sm charm 3 max dmg 18 ar and 3 mf
run9 - 46% war travs (wooooo)

all in all thanks for the info....oh yah ..... i was just gonna ask how long it roughly takes everyone to clear the pit (after u've found it)????

later

Sir Charles

Diabloii.Net Member
heinz43 said:
thanks for the info on gear......i decided to just go ahead and play a little slower sittin back an killin enemies off screen (cuz most of my resists are in the red lol) but now im able to pit run ..... heres my gear....
valk wing
magic ammy with +1 to zon skills and 27% mf
tals armor (lol for the res's and high mf)
wf soc'd with shael
39% chancies
30 and 26% nagels
goldwrap
46% war travs
couple res all charms and numerous mf charms

any suggestions?

on my first 15 or so runs i was quite lucky
run1 - marrow walks
run6 - bul kathos ring
run7 - sm charm 3 max dmg 18 ar and 3 mf
run9 - 46% war travs (wooooo)

all in all thanks for the info....oh yah ..... i was just gonna ask how long it roughly takes everyone to clear the pit (after u've found it)????

later
I would personally switch out one of the nagels for a raven frost. There are numerous cold enchanted monsters in the pit and the cannot be frozen is a big help. Also, how's your life/mana leech? Losing a bit of magic find isn't a huge deal. I'd bump up your leeching. That Bul Kathos' is probably a good way to go. +2 skills on the ring will also let you possibly switch out either the valk wing or the ammy for a leeching item. Tal's mask would be a great choice especially since you're already wearing Tal's armor. If you've got the equipment for it, I'd suggest using Tal's armor, mask and belt. Getting rid of the valk wing makes you lose a + to skills (but that's made up for on Bul kathos') losing the goldwrap loses you some MF and 10% IAS. But the set bonus from 3 tal's items will give you 65% more MF and numerous other mods that are more useful IMO. Of course there are unlimited combinations of equipment choices, but I don't know what you have on your mules...so I'm sorta shooting in the dark here. :O)

Also, the chance guards...nice mf and gold find, but otherwise not that useful. Laying of hands has +350% enhanced damage to demons, a few sigon's peices gives you +30% IAS on the gloves, many of the high-end unique gloves are much better than chance guards. But one last option you may have overlooked would be crafted gloves. Caster gloves gives you mana regeneration mods, and the Blood gloves gives you life regeneration mods (plus crushing blow). Both are very useful with your layout. Plus they can have + to skill mods (randomly achieved though). Hit power gloves are usually the best ones for a strafazon due to knockback, but you've already got that covered with Windforce, so I'd avoid those gloves if I were you.

Anyway, I hope some of these suggestions are helpful. And one last thing...DANG...I'm jealous. Bul kathos', Marrow walks and war travelers! I've yet to find any of those 3. Nice finds!

PS. It generally takes me 10 minutes to make a complete run (from town to finish). I've got a pretty good map set-up. The pit is a very short distance from the waypoint (inner cloister).