Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Str requirments

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Rafaell, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Rafaell

Rafaell IncGamers Member

Str requirments

Heya all, thank you again for your help.

I am having a blast with my barbarian and I'm enjoying him so much that I envision playing him to the very high end, and hopefully, attaining some decent set items for him. Something I have noticed, though, is that certain barbarian set items require upwards of 250 strenght to equip. Does this mean I need to start placing my points accordingly now as I level up? I have been putting the bulk of my points into Vitality, but I don't want to find some nice armor drop which I won't be able to wear because of lack of strenght (which is currenly at around 140 for me)
    This leads me to another question, that is, I notice some runes and items have the "requirements -20%" etc, stat bonus. What does this mean? Does it mean that the requirements on the item you're getting (like, required strenght) are dropped by 20%, so an 80 str char can use something that needs 100 str to normally pick up? I realise its kind of a dumb question, but I haven't been able to fish out a guide yet that addresses this.

Thanks very much for your advice.

2. azn_gamer2003

azn_gamer2003 IncGamers Member

You don't really have to place all of your points into strength. There are some armors that don't even require that much strength. Also, when you get to the high level gear, generally they have some kind of stat boost i.e. +30 to strength. When you talk about the -20%, I've never really used/ understood them, but I assume what they do is they take off 20% of the requirements after you put on the item with the magical attribute on. Then every item after you have the item equipped, will have -20% stat reduction. Hope I helped

3. ender11782

ender11782 IncGamers Member

Requirements -20% indicates that the item with that mod has lower than usual requirements. So if Gauntlets usually require 60 str, ones with the Req -20% mod (like magical Gauntlets of Ease) would require 60 * (1 - 0.20) = 48 str to wear. [I'm not sure offhand what Guantlets typically require in str, it's just an example of how the mod works.]

What makes the Hel rune useful (the - reqs rune) by itself is that if you have one or two pieces of equipment (well, however many as you have Hel runes) with high str (or whatever) requirements, you can socket them with a Hel rune and lower the requirements, rather than spend stat points in str for one item. So instead of spending an extra 40 pts on str to wear Item X, you can spend them in vitality and get another 80 base life.

4. spaker_man

spaker_man IncGamers Member

As a barb, if you are low on str then I highly reccomend the immortal king set gloves and boots. very easy to obtain (most people will give these away now) and they provide lots of strength. They're also just generally useful items, the IK belt, boots and gloves combo is very effective.