Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

+Str items problem/question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by solidswindler, Nov 18, 2006.

1. solidswindler

solidswindler IncGamers Member

+Str items problem/question

I'm pretty new to the game, so excuse me if this answered elsewhere and please redirect me.

My problem:

I can equip all my gear when all my gear is on (just barely enough STR). I have Enigma so I can put away all my STR charms and still equip my gear after I have it on. HOWEVER, if I join a new game I can't use my gear again and have to use my str charms and so forth to get my STR back up for my Enigma to work and then have to put the charms away again. Somehow, I was able to not swap charms in and out and still wear all my gear everytime I joined a game for awhile. Sadly (I'm noob) and died and this problem started happening again and I have no clue how I fixed it.

My questions:

Is there a special way or order to use my high +STR gear and charms so that I don't have to requiped them everytime I enter a game?

2. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

If you enter the game will all your gears equipped, you should not need to use the charms to "re-equip" them. Anyways, I recommend against this anyways, since dying like this has caused gear loss to many.

3. solidswindler

well, the gear's technically on me, but its just red and I don't benefit from them until i put the charms back in

EDIT: I hear your warning bro, but this game's hella old and if I get owned like you said I'll just stop playing and go back to WoW or something.

4. solidswindler

bump, still need some help here.

5. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Careful about bumping. There's a few ways you can fix this; The first might be to get a lower str enigma. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that your enigma is a dusk or archon? Try going down to a mage plate, or a breast plate, and that'll fix it. Otherwise, just invest some freaking strength or carry a couple strength charms!

6. Are

Are IncGamers Member

Well, the problem is that the added strength you get from Enigma doesn't count when the game checks to see if you can have the Enigma-item itself equipped. No cheesy workaround for this other than actually wearing your strength charms.

7. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Unless, as noted above, you get an enigma with a lower strength requirement. Everyone seems to think that Archon Enigmas are the be-all-and-end-all, for some unknown reason, when you actually have to add strength to wear it or risk breaking your body, or carry extra strength charms that could be used for life. I don't see the point. I can't count the number of times that I've shown someone my gear, only to be told that I'm a noob because I don't wear an archon enigma. Apparently, mage plate (15% ed superior, 773 defense roll, in many cases) is for noobs. Real duelers add the strength to wear archon, whether they need the strength or not.

8. Athelstan

Athelstan IncGamers Member

I always use a Dusk Shroud Enigma. That requires 77 strength. Depending on what character you are, you will have a base strength if between 10 and 30. If you can get a hold of a mid-level torch and anni, that will give you another 30 strength. That usually gets me high enough to use my gloves, which are either dracs (10-15 strength) or some crafted gloves (mine have 7 strength). You should be around 60 to 70 strength. I usually get the rest of my required strength from small charms (2 strength each) or on skill grand charms (up to 6 strength). Once I'm at 77 strength, enigma activates, then I'm really good to go with the rest of my gear.

But, like others have said, investing a bit in strength won't kill you. Its better than losing all your gear in some pub duel game.

9. Gorny

Gorny Banned

We mods tend to lock threads that were bumped on purpose, thought you might like to know.

This is pointed out in the stickied community forum's rules and links thread ... which I am sure you have read and know and follow.

........ and should read again BTW.

10. maxusmag

maxusmag IncGamers Member

I have an ap nigma on my barb. it is almost more trouble than it is worth.

while i do enjoy the high defense 1.2k the unbelievable amount of money that it takes to repair the thing if it is to damaged is unbelieveable.

at one point it was 100k+ to fix it. I don't know about the others but geez.

and if you don't have a lot of gf or good item drops ie wands scepters special masks boots that you can sell for 35k a pop then it gets quit expensive.

i still enjoy it though.

11. killian27

killian27 IncGamers Member

That's because it superior. If it wasn't superior, it wouldnt be that much. BTW, you can repair your armor with a Ral... with superior armors that are very expensive I keep a couple Ral with me and let them get low on dura, then transmute in the cube with a ral.

To the OP: you will have to put on enough strength charms to put on the enigma, or the lowest str req piece of gear that gives you enough strength to put on enigma. As was mentioned above, it'll be easier to remedy this by adding str or trading your enigma for a mage or breastplate. The defense difference doesn't add up to a hill of beans... unless you play a meelee PVP char defense really just doesn't matter (at least a few hundred or even a thousand doesn't)

One more option is to keep a 30str amulet in your backpack all the time, if you can't pick up your body equip it and click your body. Be very careful equiping items when you have a body on the ground though... get a CI with multiple bodies and your gonna lose some gear.