Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Str + Equip Questions?????

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Organic_Pear, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Organic_Pear

Organic_Pear IncGamers Member

Str + Equip Questions?????

I was wondering if you say have 80 str and you need 103 str to equip your enigma. If you can muster up enough str from + str gear to equip it then you enigma gives + str would you be able to take off the +str gear and then when you die still be able to wear enigma?

I was planning on going super low str so I could just barely get enough to equip enigma then i could equip stormshiled and stuff so after i equipped each thing they would give + to str would this work???

Or would i have to at least have the base str for the enigma???

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

If you take off the str gear, it should nullify the Enigma in general. When I take off +str gear in single player, it reds out any items that were relying on that str. For example, I have 81 base str; with annihilus, that goes to 101, then i put on an eth botd zerker, and then enigma, and then the rest of my gear. If I take off enigma, for example, Stormshield and my upgraded Arreat's go read and dissapear from my character graphic in game.

I figure it's the same for realm play as well...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

-Hal

3. Organic_Pear

so would that mean that It would be best to get enough permanent str for my enigma? When you die does it mess up your gear and stuff like you cant pick up your body properly somthing has to go into your inventory etc?

4. KaesarSosei

KaesarSosei IncGamers Member

Actually (I'm not 100% sure) but i think that an item's inherant Str bonus WILL count against its own reqs if you use other stuff to get it equiped then remoce the other gear.

5. bigballerpaul

bigballerpaul IncGamers Member

hal is correct. basically the game looks at your base strength (with charms), then looks at each item and adds the +str mods for each. when you have enough base str for an item, it will figure in the +str mods on that item in as base str.

so.

say your base str is 145 at lvl 80. you equip ik gloves (20 str) and you get 165, enough to equip enigma archon plate. equiping the enigma boosts your str up to 225. however, when you remove the ik gloves (which you had enough base str for), the enigma will be shaded red, and the graphic on your char will disappear. watch your defense drop. basically the game looks at your base str and figures you dont have enough to equip the enigma.

if you are completely naked, and then go pick up your body, it will not effect anything. but say you were wearing ik gloves when you died, if you equip say bloodfists, you wont be able to pick up the equipment that you used +str to wear. if you inventory is full, your corpse will still be there with the remaining items that you could not pick up and wear. *i dont know about when you leave the game. you could lose all those items you left on the remaining corpse*

6. Organic_Pear

thanks a lot big baller paul you really made it clear :) p.s i already kinda figured this out now with my barb but im finding solutions for it lol he has like 60 base str or somthing its funny so much vitality :)