Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Str Bug Question

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Tai., Oct 10, 2006.

1. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Str Bug Question

I've never been entirely certain about how Str Bugging works, if I were bugging on an enigma Dusk Shroud for example, requiring 77 str, and I took a pally with 25 base str, tossed a 35 circlet a crushflange etc. on him to get him to like 80, then tossed on the enigma to equip an HoZ and then some treks, would I have to rebug it every game?

Iirc there's something stupid about what kind of items you can and cannot bug, and at least one str item remaining on, but I'm not sure, can you inform me?

-Tai

2. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Where'd you get the Enigma? o_O

Lucky

3. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Been harvesting PGems like a fiend, ask Trish and Aaron for further details and exchanging them for stable currency and buying runes while the economy sucks for them.

They very likely are duped runes which bugs me, but it's just something to get by, and it was all accumulated with stuff I wasn't gonna use anyway.

-Tai

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

5. Full_Circle

Full_Circle IncGamers Member

Yeah, duped high runes are extremely cheap right now, and pgems are higher than they've been most of this season. It works out to about 60 pgems per HR if my math is right.

6. Samsung

Samsung Banned

That really makes me angry, theres no point in magic finding any more.

7. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Wouldn't duped runes mean an increase in the value of items such as Stormshield, thus making magic finding less of a waste of time?

Lucky

8. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

The fact that HRs are so cheap is the point of magic finding. Say you find a Stormshield, that's 1.5-2 HRs. Find a Shako that's 1 HR. Mostly everything goes for a HR+ now.

Also there is no way you can get a HR for 60 p gems, a Pul is 40.

9. YouHaveMail

YouHaveMail IncGamers Member

Yeah since all those bots got banned the value of easily botted items have gone up.

10. KnownAsJug

KnownAsJug Banned

Need hr's give me 80 pgems its yours.

11. Full_Circle

a certain forum that I won't name has this forum currency... on said forum, each pgem will get you .5 units of this currency. 30 units of this currency get you a high rune. you do the math.

12. BongoFury

BongoFury IncGamers Member

Back to the original topic-

The 'strength bug' has me baffled. My Sorc doesn't have enough strength to wear her WT and Skulders without the plus strenght on the WT. At the beginning of each game they're both red, so I swap on/off a pair of Sigons gloves to get them working.

My Pally doesn't have enough strength to use his Atlantean sword without its plus strength. I had to add charms to equip it the first time. But every time I start a game his sword is fine.

13. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

Also about Str bug, I have my Sorc's Stormshield bugged on (it has +30 str.) I can weapon switch and it'll be red (unequipped) the moment I switch back, but comes back on in another .1 second afterwords.

Well, I think may pretain only to that certain forum and it's advocates you run into while trading. But I often see Puls pulling in 40 P gems, so by that same math 1.5 Puls are worth a HR?

Sounds like it's time to start trading for Pul runes and dumping them off for 40 p gems a pop.

14. Full_Circle

If you re-order the way they're equipped, you should be able to get your sorc's gear to work. It should be as simple as putting sigon's gloves on, taking travs off and putting them back on, then swaping sigons for your real gloves. If you have other +str gear that's allowing you to get travs on, it might be more complicated.