Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Story Time!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Milamber, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Milamber

Milamber Banned

Story Time!

Gruffin’s breath came in deep and sharp gasps. His side hurt where a fallen’s blade had cut – deep enough to hurt and bleed but shallow enough to not be threatening.

raising his gauntleted hand to wipe the blood from his face, he stared intently at the huge double doors before him. He had reached his goal, and behind the doors awaited his destiny.

Andariel waited.

Slowly he made his way forward, the marble floor slick with both blood and gore. Countless fallen had waited here, the last line of defence protecting andariel herself. The battle had been intense, quarter was not given or requested, until eventually the last foul creature lay twitching on the floor – it’s bowels separated from its body from a savage parry and riposte.

He stole himself several seconds as his face came within inches of the doors. He noted the faded wood grain, and the splashes of blood that pooled slowly upon the floor.

Then with a bellow of rage he pushed his way through the door. A misshapen darted at him from his left. It died with a double swing of his twin axes. A short battle raged until finally andariel herself made her way into the fray.

“die maggotâ€

gruffin choked on a cloud of venom as it was hurled at him – and he could feel the life drain from his body.

Andariel slashed at him with her claw-like hands, scoring deep cuts along the barbarians chest. Gruffin staggered from the blow, quickly taking a potion sold to him by the witch akara. His body warmed, and his strength returned.

He threw himself forward, dodging a overhead blow from the lesser evil that would have torn his body in two…he cut quickly at andariel’s midsection, penetrating the tough hide. Thick venomous blood flowed out of the wounds, snaking their way down the blades and shaft of his weapons – burning his hands as the blood bit into his skin.

He drove on, chopping, hacking, slashing forcing andariel back towards her grotesque throne. Threatened now for the first time, realising her time was nigh she attacked with renewed fury – creating venomous wave after wave and attacking with blind rage.

Andariel screamed as his final attack penetrated both her chest and scalp, biting deep and causing her black soul to flee to the bowels of hell.

Gruffin dropped to one knee, the poison now eating away at his own lifeforce. Slowly he dragged his way to the portal to the rogue’s camp. Slowly. Painfully slowly, and when blackness took him, he knew not where he was…heaven or hell…

2. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

very nicely written story, I enjoyed reading it. A lil something different to pass the time away.

3. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Gah, apparently the Exocet character set is missing a lot of punctuation marks . . . a nice little story all the same. :)

4. Milamber

Milamber Banned

What is punctuation? :uhhuh:

Thanks - it's just something different to be floating around!

Cheers, glad you enjoyed. Nice to have something different. Quickly hashed this one up, I may write something better later on down the track and post.

5. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

That is an interesting story. :)

6. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

Cool story, but why didnt he just pull out her nipplechains, that would teach her some manners! :p

good work

7. Milamber

Milamber Banned

He thought about it, but someone had already done that…

Rumours are her nipples are Michael Jackson’s soulstones…

8. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

:lol: You know how much that would hurt!

9. Kronos

Kronos IncGamers Member

What happened to the part about the sexy Elly dying in the initial poison-cloud? That always happens to me...

10. Milamber

Milamber Banned

This was a time for artistic embellishment, not facts. :D

11. Stony

Stony IncGamers Member

Cool start, but there is a serious flaw to your story: it is too short. You really need to write more. ;)

Stony

12. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

Hehe. I decided to read Varnae's story last night and wound up staying up far, far too late. The perils of not reading them as the new installments come out, I guess. :D

13. Kronos

Kronos IncGamers Member

You kidding? You passed up a golden oppertunity.

"Gruffin staggered, feeling his strength drain away in the wake of the powerful toxins. Through watering eyes, he then beheld a scene that made his blood run cold. Elly, the beautiful Rogue who had followed him faithfully through all manner of peril, was on her knees, struggling for breath, with terrible Andariel standing over her. With a single swipe of her taloned hands, the demon queen snuffed out her life.

Roaring with barbarian rage, Gruffin quaffed one of Akara's enchanted potions, and with its potent restorative powers combining with his fury, leapt at the abomination that was Andariel."

See what i mean? Plenty of artistry there :lol:

14. Milamber

Milamber Banned

LOL, I see what you mean...I guess I didn't tell of the merc dying as we all KNOW they die!

Stony yes it is a little short. I plan on writing a full character's biography, and I may include links to pictures.

15. Stony

Stony IncGamers Member

Hope you weren't late for work or anything... you really have to learn to pace yourself with those things. Large doses have a powerful effect if you haven't built up a resistance.

Pictures would be good. In my story, I have character background come up slowly, over time. (That's because I'm making it all up as I go, but don't tell anyone. :D ) Would these pictures be screen captures, or original art? Either would have its charms.

Stony

16. Milamber

Milamber Banned

They will definately be screenshots. I am a useless artist when it comes to drawing!!!

Do you have a link to your story, I would be quite interested in reading it.

17. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

:lol: No, I just overslept enough that I couldn't get a couple of errands done before work. No big deal. :)

18. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

Coming up next: Story Time by Kronos ;)