Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Story of Diablo II

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Black_KING, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Black_KING

Black_KING IncGamers Member

Story of Diablo II

Diablo I have a story ( you are the worrior who come home from war and find his village allmost destroyed and graet eavil in the church....) but DII do not (You r study adventerer who will become biggest hero in the world!!!?!!!) or it's only my opinion but all quest in DII is to slain him or her. Bigest quest is to find all good stuffs. It's not much. Is any1 play the Morrowind or Fall Out?? Thouse games have story.

( I can't play them have Pentium I ( but buying P4 in 20 days)).

2. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

would a more intricate plot make clicking on things to kill them any more enjoyable?

D2 has a story. sure it's thin, but how much is really needed? basically, it's just enough to justify each act and explain the act bosses. anything more would be extraneous.

3. the_sultan

the_sultan IncGamers Member

yes definitly the first time you play. I played starfcraft and warcraft III on and on just because I wanted to see what would happen next(maybe it's just the way the story is told). fallout had a story but it's not like it's great literature.

4. Stony

Stony IncGamers Member

Diablo II's story is thin and patchy, and doesn't connect in places, and I also think it could easily have been done better. But, it doesn't interfere with the game, or diminish the joy of playing. Careful plotting would have been nice, but it's hardly necessary. This ain't Shakespeare, folks. ;)

Stony

5. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

While there isn't a lot of plot twists and all that, I like it when mephisto has his grand speech:

"The skies shall rain fire, the seas shall become as blood, the righteous shall fall before the wicked, and all of creation shall tremble before the burning standards of hell!"

Now, I may not know much about politics, but this guy has got my vote... :lol:

As to the matter at hand: I think the storyline of D2 is about the same as the one in D1. Both weren't exactly very deep but that's not what the game was about anyway.

If anybody wants a game with STORYLINE (yes, all in caps), then I can only
    recommend planescape: torment. Now *that's* what I call an awesome game.

6. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

I very much dislike shakespeare, don't want to hear this name, and wish he never exist. But, D2 certainly can have better story line. the whole story is rather "chipped" with major time and logic errors. I'm trying to get all time and logic clue of D2, and get some work around, make it as less buggy as possible. Mind you that I didn't really play D1 (played a bit but not much), so the story line of D1 I couldn't tell, and how D1 connected to D2 I don't know 100% (I missed the whole hellfire). The first time I play D2, I always wanted to see how the story goes, so you can understand how disapointed I am.

7. Slothman

Slothman IncGamers Member

I played diablo 1, actually didnt even know hellfire existed until after playing d2 for a while :scratch:
    now i really want to find out what was the go with hellfire? was there even a story? hehe cause i loved the whole tristram (spelling?) still in d2 (with music!)
    if anyone is worried about spoilers then PM me :lol:

8. beau_nidle

beau_nidle IncGamers Member

Well once you completed D1, then your character took Diablo's soulstone and instered into his head. The last thing you hear is a long monologue saying about how your character struggled with the demon inside him. This was accompanied by a pic of your character wearing a long brown robe. This character is "The Wander" in D2. I think that's right :scratch:

And i must admit, that when i realised that it was the character from D1 I was a bit concerned, my character in D1 was VERY well kitted out, and maxed out, good job the stats don't carry over :D

9. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

The story in Diablo II is there it may not be forth coming for everyone. but if you talk to everyone in town and listen to their whole speel then you will get quite a story. Even though it is loose and full of plot holes. The point is you are the story how you react and handle situations is the story.

10. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

what happened during and after Hellfire? that was the part I didn't know at all.

I think before you D1 hero turned evil, he sold all items for 35k gold :lol:
    And since he turned evil, he lost all stat :grrr:

11. beau_nidle

beau_nidle IncGamers Member

Can't help you there i'm afraid. I came late to D1, and when i learned of Hellfire, trying to find a copy was like trying to find hen's teeth, or rocking horse poo.

He'd have a job selling the items, the problem being that he didn't have the space for any more gold, he was already maxed out. I reckon in his mad wanderings he threw it all at some randon cow, and it's inate magical abilities created the character that we all know and love, the Cow King. If that's the case though i think i may go and give him a kicking, he owes me a Doombringer, the Granfather and a constricting ring. :idea:

I wish they had kept the "of the zodiac" suffix, i had some lovely stuff with that suffix, really proved useful. ;)

12. Baal

Baal IncGamers Member

people actually listen to what NPCs have to say? whenever someone starts talking to me i just click away and continue on my way...

13. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo IncGamers Member

I had D1 and just had to get Hellfire the second it came out. Now if my memory serves my correctly (usually it doesn't) Hellfire did not add any story line to the game. I think all it added was a character class (monk) and some new areas, but the end was the same. No extra "act" tacked on at the end to change the last boss. And now as I am sitting here thinking about it I think it actually had the exact same ending.... Can anyone prove me right or wrong.

I still have both discs (D1 and Hellfire). I might just have to install them to find out. :)

14. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

The story may not be great, but the cinematics improve it some. And then you have to use your imagination to fill in all the many, many missing details. Listening to NPCs is mildly entertaining, but most of the facts come when you're either getting or completing a quest...that's about the only way to learn whats going on.