Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stormshield!

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by sonikki_, Feb 16, 2004.

1. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

Stormshield!

I spent my valentines day here in the army (yet another holiday gone to waste) and was kinda bored... but then SMS message from my friend who i share accounts "I found a ss, happy valentines day" :O me so happy.. :)
    too bad my sorc only has 138 str... any ideas on the -15 req jewels second stats if my resistances are already good in hell?

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Read.

1. Throw on IK Gauntlets (or any item or combination of items that gets you to 156 str).
    2. Throw on Stormshield.
    3. Remove IK Gauntlets (or any item or combination of items that gets you to 156 str).

... problem solved.

3. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

But then you can't show off your new shield...
    156*.85=132.6.... yay math =/

4. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

I don't think he was asking you to do the math for him :)

I think he wanted to know what other mods would be good for a -req jewel if res wasn't an issue.

I'm fairly sure that -req is "of Freedom" so you want a nice prefix.

Turquoise = 16-20 mana
    Dun = 7-12% damage to mana
    Emerald = 3-7% magic find

Looking at the jewel prefix list, those are what looked the best to me. Still, aren't you wearing some res charms? If you are, go for a res/-req jewel (if you can get one, they aren't exactly cheap) and get some life charms instead. More life is always useful.

5. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Well...Yay for reading @ me o_O

6. helohi

helohi IncGamers Member

How about Scintillating (all res) and Aureolic (mana per kill) they don't sound good to you as prefixes? :p

7. rev129

rev129 IncGamers Member

I know this is completly off topic but I felt I had to say something. I know your not even in the US Army as I am but it caught me a bit off guard when you said, " I spent my valentines day here in the army (yet another holiday gone to waste)" I'm not sure what the requirments are for Finland but are you forced into service in your country? I've served for almost 14 years, been away from my immediate family for 6 Christmas Holidays, I've missed countless Birthdays and missed the birth of my youngest son. However, with that being said, I wouldn't go back and change a single thing. You and I live 1000's of miles away but we both serve to protect our country and the freedoms of that country. You may see it as a Holiday wasted but were it not for the Holidays missed, Birthdays missed, Babys births missed for the past 100 or so years, out country's wouldn't be enjoying the freedoms we do today. There will be more Holidays and better times for you. Flame if you may but I had to say something.

8. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

first of all, I'm not here of my free will :p In finland you have the option of going to the army for 6,9 or 12 months or do 13 months of civil service. And ofcourse go to prison for 6 months. I chose army. Ofcourse im not against it, but you cant imagine how boring my assingnment is. I spend most of the day doing nothing, and couple of hours listening to the sounds of the sea or watching it from a tower :p (nothing happens there). I bet your motivation is 100x bigger than mine, being that you get paid and went there of your free will. That was half a joke what i said about my holiday but still i don't exactly enjoy it. No disrispect for the US or finnish army. :)

As for the ss, u guys sure it works that way (add str then remove it?) a new bug perhaps? guess ill trade for -15req + some nice res j00l then..

9. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

@rev129: Few countries in the world have your system with a "career" army.

For example, here, it's mandatory (with exceptions, but I won't go into politics) that every male person (it's optionable for females) get a basic military training from about half a year to a year.

So, at 18, everyone gets "drafted", and have to go and measure their "intelligence", strengh and stamina, as well as a psychological "talk". That will decide where they go for their period of service.

For axample, you don't become an officer unless you are intelligent enough etc etc.

Oh, do all of you guys know the system in Isreal? I'm not into the details, but EVERY person hitting a certain age are drafted for like a couple of years service. Even the girls. But because they are to embark on this mandatory project, they get to have a little fun before they take off and get an amount of money for a leasure trip. So, if any of you are into israeli girls, you might want to try some Greek islands (IOS comes to mind ;)) around August. :clap:

10. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Since when is valentines day a holiday??? Its a stupid day designed by greeting card companys and the floral industry to guilt men into buying their products. You should be glad you missed it!

11. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Preach on brothah.

12. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

Did you read my post? :p

He said that he didn't need res, so I mentioned the others. I even said that going for a res jewel and removing res charms to get more life charms would be an option.

Other than that, yeah aureolic is nice too...still I'd take damage to mana if I had the choice.

13. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Why is it that it seems I can never find a use for a Strom Sheild? Have on still rusting away on a 1.09 Mule and I have one now and it may rust away also. I realize that it has uses, but to me it has to be one of the most over rate items in the game.

14. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

ahh Brother Stinger, but to own a stormshield, and combine that with a shaftstop and soe for a barb, well it doesnt get much better than that.

15. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Well.....I agree that PDR is nice but with the basically resistless shaft, string and SS it takes a few UMs to make it all work well. Shield and Armor are the easiest places to load up resists. By the time you set those 3 pcs on you need to add leech, you will want a ravens and also need more resists. Might go IK Glooves, Tals Helm maybe to get the leech, leaves ammy and ring to finalize resists or charms. Its doable but still a solid investment for a single character when you could of left that SS on a Mule, picked up a Gerkes, IK glooves and belt, Tals Helm Raven and be able to load up that leech while wearing Smoke or some other reasonable armor!

Physical damage is still the least of all worrys in this game for most characters. Sure, add one item like a String to a build is nice, but every time you PDR out you just have to invest more. I have never had a full PDR build with Max block and I dont have any issues.

Now one character for one purpose comes to mind to me, and its a Java for cows. No elements to worry about other than Lightning and that is near covered with the Sheild.

There are a lot of things people in this game think they need, or have to have and I just let em pay that price for it and keep clicking along like I always do.

My Ward using Barb with no PDR ablout 35% block will go in there and fight anything and live just as well as they always have. I cant be compared to the "Super Duper Noobler" that seem to "PWN/OWN" this ladder, one hit killing wiht BoTD Zerkers and Teleporting to Throne instead of having a sorc do it. Hell it is so obvious, these guys didnt have that crap before and now bang they all have it!

Kind of went off on some other deal there but WTF!

PDR is nice but make it fit your build, dont force it in you will jsut be looking for more soon!

16. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

Getting enough res with a barb really isn't that hard. Natural res helps.

17. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Yes I agree. My barbs tend to die because I ww into a pack, get some lag, get iron maidened, and have deeds. I'll take dr over gear with resists anyday, although I won't discount the importance of resists. Gogo charms plz ^^

18. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

I think most babas are dieing now of lack of leech. They are so use to having like 14-21% and max PDR and bugged double damage to adjust. Even my Tals Helm, Doom, 8% LL Ring Barb cant seem to leech enuff to counter high poison or big hitters. I am somewhat concerend about my new IK Barb, I can seem to fit enuff leech on him with all the slots taken and not having excellent Jewelry. Guess he will be a drinker but he will do fine in time or die a glorius death!