StormShield

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
StormShield

Is a stormshield that says Aegis under is worth much?

I know the monarch is 1.9-1.10 version...but I just traded for a Aegis..did I buy a legit item??

Nope, you sure didnt. A StormShield Aegis is a 1.08 Stormshield. They used to be rectangular, looked more like a tower shield. But the patch brought them to looking just like the monarchs. 99% of the .08 items on the realm are dupes. And are illegal to trade here. :(

Mine did before the patch. It is just collecting dust on a mule, then it magically looked just like all my other SS Monarchs *eerie music*

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
well it look rectangular while holding it, but when in trade, or inventory screen it look exacly like my other stormshield...just that Aegis underlogo..but all stats are same, so what ya think..still a dupe? I dont see how it could be, esp with the patch whiping all these out I thought?

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
I asked around and I'm getting a 50/50 deal now...greeeat. Only good point is, in the screen it looks like a monarch, wearing it it IS a pavise, so I say its legit...just old maybe.
If it disappears...DAMN YOU AQUA SCUUUM!!

Glacial Trail

Diabloii.Net Member
Just a clarification, yes all 1.08 Stormshields have the same graphic in 1.10 as 1.09 and 1.10 Stormshields. Like you said, it will still appear as an Aegis when equipped.

Sin's statement that 99% of them are dupes is still true though. Sorry (hope you didn't pay the value of a 1.09 SS).

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Well if Mavs armor is expensive... tho I kinda got lucky finding that, I found 2 mavs armors in 3 diablo runs. But still, think I can lose it? Casue if its a dupe, like most other dupes in 1.9, they all made it thru as far as what I had...casue I used to have a GF,Storm, pretty sure they were duped, tho I paid legity for them, and they both stayed..I lost them due to another story...*shivers*

Glacial Trail

Diabloii.Net Member
CyberHawk said:
Well if Mavs armor is expensive... tho I kinda got lucky finding that, I found 2 mavs armors in 3 diablo runs. But still, think I can lose it? Casue if its a dupe, like most other dupes in 1.9, they all made it thru as far as what I had...casue I used to have a GF,Storm, pretty sure they were duped, tho I paid legity for them, and they both stayed..I lost them due to another story...*shivers*
They are dupes, but they still have trade value and it should be relatively easy to retrade it. If you're worried about it disappearing, I wouldn't know for sure, but from what I've heard all the 1.08 items are still there so it doesn't look like that's a risk.

Neurofuzzy

Diabloii.Net Member
Glacial Trail said:
They are dupes, but they still have trade value and it should be relatively easy to retrade it. If you're worried about it disappearing, I wouldn't know for sure, but from what I've heard all the 1.08 items are still there so it doesn't look like that's a risk.
I think everything that should vanish as a result from the 1.10 patch has already been erased. All the remaining items will no longer vanish. That means, your aegis is just as good as any other item in game.

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Beastie Boy said:
not at lvl 73

Exactly, did I mention that this is for a barb? Tho Steel works great for any low lvl that needs a shield, but then I usualy switch out to gerkes/mosers or even timakes rebuke..they are all nice. Also that blue round shield I think call stormguild? Its sexy, and much prettier than Steel:)