stormshield vs sanct

FrozenSolid

Diabloii.Net Member
stormshield vs sanct

Im making a new winddruid and cant decide whether to use stormshield or sanct. Only reason I would choose stormshield over sanct is because of the 35% dmg red.
I will be using shako and enigma so with ss I would have 53% (over max). Without it I would have 18%. How important is dmg red for a winddruid?
Anyway, with sanct I can save about 70 stat points (~50 str and 20 dex) and I will have max res which gives room for more vita scs. Although sanct would require more dex to reach max block.
So its basically dmg red. vs more life.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
if pvp, well, stormshield
if pvm, you could probably take out most monsters without them reaching you. Also, your life should be pretty high, so you wont have problems surviving. Sanctuary should work fine for pvm.

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd take Sanctuary! You're a caster, stay out of melee range, and no damage reduction for you.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
According to Arreat Summit Hyperion (127 str) shield has highest %block for druid but lowest str sancuary is Troll Nest (106 str) - which shield would be best to make sancuary in for druid?

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
since sanctuary is an option for duelling casters, there is no reason to look for high block. Spells arent blocked anyway.
Thats why BvC barbs have dual weapons for instance...

So, go for low str/high def, and dont mind the block. Stormshield vs non-casters.

aznbboi16

Diabloii.Net Member
For pvm, I'd probably go with a Stormshield still. Lots of ranged things do physical damage, and lots of physical damage monsters are fast and dangerous.

You won't really need much resists because of your cyclone armor.