Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stormshield on Sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Tron, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Tron

Tron IncGamers Member

Stormshield on Sorc

I would highly recommend doing this, I happened to test this on my sorc. I spent a lot of time building it up with the pure blizzard builds.

My gear is:
    Shako,
    Tal Ammy,
    Skulder's Ire,
    Wizardspike,
    Whistan's shield,
    Silkweave boots,
    Frostburns,
    Crendium (Disciple Belt),
    and Dual Nagel.

I am ashamed to say this... but this build died in a normal 8 player baal run while teleing there (at level 70.) I don't like the logic behind the "above average sorcs" as seen on these forums because you do get it. How do you expect to tele somewhere without geting hit? They are all over the place on the way going somewhere. I despise your evil thinking of "You're a sorc, you're not meant to get hit you're supposed to cast spells, don't put anything in vit you don't need it; dump it all into energy it'll help you'll see".

I would have to say you are very very wrong on this anyone who believes that. It may just be my computer with the raw power of 550mhz :lol: and a cable modem. But still, I think stormshield is worth dumping an extra 50 points into str. It's well worth it because: what else are you going to do with those points? Put them into energy? Why not just use gear like frostburns or silkweaves to get it up?

My stat points (Base)
    STR: 110
    DEX: 75
    VIT: 70
    NRG: 220

My skill points:
    20 Blizzard
    20 Cold Mastery
    20 Glacial Spike
    12 Ice Blast
    Prequisits (Mis-spelled)
    Energy shield

I need recommendations for how to improve, I very much like the SS build of this because it's got everything you could possibly need and more. And last off answer my question about: How do you expect to not tele into things on the way? It's impossible; get SS.

2. Nathanjk

Nathanjk IncGamers Member

I have used a SS on every sorc I have made and I love it. A sorc really needs the block and DR to stay alive.

3. fe-crazywolf

fe-crazywolf IncGamers Member

one bug in the game that you can exploit to put on Stormshield without investing all the extra points in strength is to have lots of +strength items and simply equip them and put on the ss and then use the rest of ur items, the stormshield will still work, however if you die, you will have to do this again, however since I play hardcore this does not matter since I don't plan on dying.

4. Nathanjk

Nathanjk IncGamers Member

Hmm I dont know if thats a bug but yea you can do that. I however dont like to because its a pain to reequip at the early lvls when you die.

5. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

The reason why you die is because of your "70" Vitality. Almost every build I've seen posted on this forums, with the possible exception of the CL/FO build is to leave energy at base and pump Vitality. Who the hell is telling you to not invest in Vitality? That's why you're dying, not because you don't have 35% extra PDR.

6. MercenaryKnight

MercenaryKnight Banned

My sorc does not need the stormshield for mfing but she will also be a pubby pker so I give her max block and a ss. Gave my bone spirit necro max block and an ss and botd barbs complained it was unfair because id block about 5 wws and theyd die. lol i love max block ss builds.

7. Tron

Tron IncGamers Member

Not to offend you or anything, but I think you are very wrong. Reference all of the builds you see that say leave energy at base; because I really believe there are none. And my friend's sorc is the same as mine with a twist, he took off the points I put into energy, dumped a little into str, a little into dex and put more into dex since he is 8 levels higher than me.

He has (if I remember correctly)
    STR: 160
    DEX: 225
    VIT: 80
    NRG: 90

He uses stormshield, and never dies. My guy with the extra points into energy to beef out the Energy Shield dies a lot more than him. This is from experience, I have ~1000 life after items, and he has ~1000 as well. He CLEARLY dies a lot less. Sorry this is getting repetetive... Anyways blah blah I highly recommend Stormshield. :thumbsup:

8. Tron

Tron IncGamers Member

Sorry lag made it double post.