Stormlash vs. Schaeffer's

Decker

Diabloii.Net Member
Stormlash vs. Schaeffer's

Question: Which is better for a pure PvM Zealot using Fant?

I've looked thoroughly for multiple forums but can't get an answer. I keep looking at the stats...The speed on Stormlash is very nice compared to that of Schaeffer's, but it just seems like the minimum damage on it is a huge downfall. I've got a Schaeffer's that's 3% away from perfect right now...if I were to look, could I get a Stormlash for it, should I want the Stormlash over it? I've no clue to its value.

Thanks.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Decker said:
Question: Which is better for a pure PvM Zealot using Fant?

I've looked thoroughly for multiple forums but can't get an answer. I keep looking at the stats...The speed on Stormlash is very nice compared to that of Schaeffer's, but it just seems like the minimum damage on it is a huge downfall. I've got a Schaeffer's that's 3% away from perfect right now...if I were to look, could I get a Stormlash for it, should I want the Stormlash over it? I've no clue to its value.

Thanks.
The thing about stormlash is that you don't have to stack a ridiculous amount of attack speed on it. With just the weapon and level 20 fanat you only need 15%!!!!! more ias to reach a 4 fps zeal while schaffer's requires the ridiculous extra amount of 100% ias. This can easily be achieved with just a highlords ammy since most zealots use it for deadly strike anyways. Stormlash hands down as the low minimum damage is made up by the beefy 33% crushing blow (awesome for bosses) and since you don't have to fill up your gear with ias jewels you can put on other gear such as dracul's or guillaume's face (deadly strike+crushing blow in large amounts). Schaffer's is dead long live stormlash! From experience my level ** ladder zealot uses stormlash doesn't notice the low minimum damage as the crushing blow from the weapon and deadly strike from highlords take off huge chunks of monster hp quickly.

majorB

Diabloii.Net Member
phatlewt said:
Won't the chance to cast static on Schaefter's have a similar effect?
Stormlash also has a % chance to cast static.

Edit- Damn, just a second short of relevance.

gedda-d-e

Diabloii.Net Member
twn_domn said:
Stromlash > Schaefter's period
I agree, the low minimum dmg on Stormlash doesn't matter since Zealots go for lots of CB & DS, aslo with the chance to cast static there won't be a problem with disposing some evil... things.

Now, if only i could find one...

twighlight

Diabloii.Net Member
stormlash is better than schaeffers now. in my opinion it is the CB that does it and of course the better attack speed

eviljr.

Diabloii.Net Member
I say Stormlash, because it is faster, and has better modifications on it. If you 40-15 IAS the Stormlash, it would be very sexy... ^^ :)
i mean 40-15IAS....

shade449

Diabloii.Net Member
xxme said:
would stormlash work well with and armour that did 160ed//60 to min dmg?
You cant have 60 min. The most min damage on a jewel is 10 not 15. Only max damage can have that much.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
shade449 said:
You cant have 60 min. The most min damage on a jewel is 10 not 15. Only max damage can have that much.
Crimson Jewel of Joyfulness
Required Level: 30
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x3a96fc08
+11 to Minimum Damage
:uhhuh:

But seriously, 40 ed% and +10 min is the best one jewel can offer. +18 min dmg (Crimson Jewel of Bliss) is the absolute highest.