Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stormlash question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by SgtPPS, Mar 12, 2004.

1. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

Stormlash question

I just found a stormlash which i was thinking about making a zealot. now question is how much more ias would i need to be at the frame ? and what would you socket this with ? I am on the ladder and dont have much great stuff.

2. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

With level 20 fanaticism you only need an extra 15% ias to achieve a 4 frame zeal. Something common (since zealots always use it) like highlords will do that for you as it gives 20%.

3. eviljr.

eviljr. IncGamers Member

man i neda stormlash, can u trade urs plz? lol

4. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

what would you socket into the stormlash ? amn or ed jewel ? I know the best would be a 40/15 but I dont have one of those.

5. Omikron8

Since the weapon has no AR boost and a zealot needs as much life leech as they can get, i would recommend an amn or eth rune in the weapon. A ed/ias jewel would be a waste in this weapon for two reasons: 1) the weapon only needs 15 more ias to reach a 4 frame zeal with level 20 fanat whicn you can easily get from something like highlords (20%) and 2) the weapon relies more on crushing blow and static field in a fast delivery speed to wipe out monsters than the actual physical damage.

6. eviljr.

eviljr. IncGamers Member

yay i finaly got a stormlash but the only prob is i have 5k ar... im starting to think to go back to shafers but can some1 coment on what weap is good 4 what? u know, compare u can pm if u want

im pvp zealot btw with:
    stone
    08gaze
    hoz
    highlords
    gores
    verdungos
    2 rspirals
    stormlash
    laying of hands
    hope this helps lol

7. conan

conan IncGamers Member

Schaffers needs a ton of IAS to be any good like 80%ish?? NOT worth it

Stormlash needs 15% Ias (Highlords gives 20)and has static and tornado I think Stormlash is far superior for a zealot

I think Dracs are the only glove for a zealot, with 4fps you will cast life Tap a lot then your pretty much invunerable (except for IM) this is pvm of course

Stone is good cheap armor and all my mercs have eth sacred Stone 3,500 def=) but I think Guardian Angel is the only armor a zealot needs

PS: Raven Spirals are duped 100% and Duped items are a NO NO here=)

8. conan

conan IncGamers Member

my stormlash has a jah stuffed in it (Ignore target defense) but i suppose this dosent help a po ladder zealot=)

9. BladeRogerz

BladeRogerz IncGamers Member

Actually Im pretty sure with lvl 20 fanat you only need 10ias extra for 4fpa. Has 30ias on it already. Maybe this link will help you. I used stormlash for awhile ,think it works good in pvm, but for pvp youll definately want more AR. I think an Eth Bstar would be nice. As far as socketing stormlash Ide go with an Um or Lo. Since storm has such a low minimum damage youll want alot of Dstrike so I would use highlords/gores/dracs. I dont think crushing blow is that necessary for a stormlash because its already casting Static alot.

http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english

10. Omikron8

Go at the top of this forum page to the normal/zeal swing calculator and look under base -10 weapons. A scourge has base -10 speed and the MINIMUM extra IAS required with level 20 (i suppose some higher extreme level might change this significantly) fanaticism you require 45% ias. Since the weapon gives 30% ias that means an extra 15% from somewhere else to achieve 4 fps.

11. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Hmm if that calculator is the one that is just a simple table, well it is a bit outdated... anyways the german calculator he posted is very reliable and it shows that Scourges need the 40% ias he mentioned, not the 45% mentioned in the tables around here... really those tables could use a little update... :)

12. BladeRogerz

BladeRogerz IncGamers Member

I used a stormlash on my zealot for quite awhile. Test it out, you only need 10 more ias. But who cares anyway if your usin a highlords youll have 20 extra ias which is plenty. I think I just used a nos coil belt early on till I got gear set up actually.

13. Har-Megiddo

Har-Megiddo IncGamers Member

I did that too and it is SOOO worth it.

14. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

what do you mean ar problems ? even syas this is the best weapon to have so how do you get better ar then ?

15. eviljr.

eviljr. IncGamers Member

guess mine is jsut crap ed 244% but w/e i got help from a uber pro guy lol

16. Omikron8

Put on a perfect ravenfrost (+250AR), max out zeal and make sure that you are 5 levels or closer to the monster level (5 or more above is good as well obviously) in order to not suffer huge AR penalties due to monster-level/char-level differences (these are significant penalties in 1.10 with the improved monster defenses). Putting on some +100 or greater AR grand charms (even better with life second mod) is also a good idea.

17. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

Duped items may be discussed, they just can't be traded as far as I know. That was according to Ragnarod btw, our last moderator.

18. chrom76

chrom76 IncGamers Member

Got 2 Stormlashes them both at the beginning of 1.10 when no one knew what they were, almost threw it out myself. I put a BER in 1, which I regret now, I think it’s over kill and a waste of a high rune.
    The other I’m putting an UM rune in. Open wounds is so much better than poison, JAH is only good for pvm and way too expensive. LO rune pretty nice, but just don’t like it w/ the dmg on this weapon. GUL could be nice but, there are MANY other substitutes for AR, but not open wounds.
    So I’m pretty much set on an UM rune.

19. PoopyPants

PoopyPants Banned

20. knuckle_sammich

knuckle_sammich IncGamers Member

my freeze/zeal currently using schaeffers (yuck... but not really :p ). He is lvl 85 now and kicks baal's butt in hell all day long! All he needs now is a stormlash, but i'm in non-ladder and I always get the same answer when I look for one... "yeah i got one" and it's always steelclash that they offer lol. It's like they went to too many ascii concerts and can't hear typing so well anymore (my apologies for awful joke).
    Anywho, I'd definately put eth in stormlash to bring those pesky monsters down a notch!
    My pally:
    orphan helm (15%ias jewel)
    g-angel (15%ias jewel)
    schaeffers (eth socketed not the cool kind of eth)
    gore
    highlords
    weddingband
    ravenfrost
    lava gouts
    string
    HoZ
    ths setup actually gives me 90% resists to infamous lightning in hell so i can laugh off those silly black-souls and serve up a good whoopin!
    K, i'm just rambling at this point so hope something in here helps.