Stormlash or Breath of the Dying?

Nesjan

Diabloii.Net Member
Im running my Zealot on players 3 hell trying to get to lvl 99. I currently have Stormlash and Exile, i was considering what weapons if any would be an upgrade and noticed with one Jah rune i just need 1 Cham and one more Jah and i can make a Zod. Finding an Ethereal Berserker axe might be tough though...would it be worth it trying to make a BotD?

necrolemming

Diabloii.Net Member
"just"

Three Chams is something that would take something in the vicinity of 80 hours of nonstop farming on average to obtain, so don't sell it short. Finding an ethereal Berserker Axe base isn't a trivial effort either, especially if you're untwinked and can't necessarily afford to burn a socket quest on a base to guarantee 6 sockets as opposed to trying your luck at a 1/6 chance in the cube.

My intuition is that it won't be enough of an upgrade to justify the effort, but it'll probably depend on your intended leveling path, too.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Agreed with @necrolemming on all accounts. If you want a cheaper upgrade, make a Grief PB. Stormlash is definitely very stylish though.

I don't know your other gear, but if you don't have a Fortitude armor yet, that would be your biggest damage upgrade for sure.

Nesjan

Diabloii.Net Member
"just"

Three Chams is something that would take something in the vicinity of 80 hours of nonstop farming on average to obtain, so don't sell it short. Finding an ethereal Berserker Axe base isn't a trivial effort either, especially if you're untwinked and can't necessarily afford to burn a socket quest on a base to guarantee 6 sockets as opposed to trying your luck at a 1/6 chance in the cube.

My intuition is that it won't be enough of an upgrade to justify the effort, but it'll probably depend on your intended leveling path, too.
not selling finding high runes short, they are a lot easier to find than top of the line bases though

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Eth Zerker axe is not very hard. But if you have burned your socket quests (you play untwinked vanilla right?) then you have to roll it in the cube

necrolemming

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, I actually screwed up my math - it's more like 50 hours of LK based on Gripphon's approximations. I don't think you made an Enigma, though, so that'd probably increase the estimated time by a bit.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I get the impression that you haven't done a whole lot of planning regarding a serious attempt at getting to 99.

Nesjan

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, I actually screwed up my math - it's more like 50 hours of LK based on Gripphon's approximations. I don't think you made an Enigma, though, so that'd probably increase the estimated time by a bit.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I get the impression that you haven't done a whole lot of planning regarding a serious attempt at getting to 99.
haha no i have not, definitely just made this character with the ultimate goal of completing Hell with a stormlash, but as the character has progressed goals change.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
you can get to 99 with stormlash of course, and stormlash is not required to finish hell :)