Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stormlash as PvM fury weapon?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by ChthonVII, May 3, 2005.

1. ChthonVII

ChthonVII IncGamers Member

Stormlash as PvM fury weapon?

How does this weapon stack up?

The mods look really nice -- good damage, CB, ctc static field, healthy lightning damage & w/ a shael it should reach 5fps.

But I'm worried about: Does the ctc delay the next fury swing when it triggers? How many phys immune + lightning immune monsters are there out there? The awfully low min dmg.

How does this compare to a ebotd zerker or a ber-ed azurewrath?

2. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

for pvm fury go 2h

stormlash is good for act bosses like baal. so keeping one on switch is a good idea (which i used to to when i played).

3. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

It can be interesting because if you max cyclone armor you would give the tornados on it a synergy which sould make them do decent damage on top of your fury.

4. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

~

Max cyclone + 18 nado from storm lash = 652-708 damage.

Max cyclone + max twister + 18 nado = 1071-1163.

If your going to use this, i'd suggest making sure that it will be your end game weapon, and work some cyclone & twisters into your skills.

5. loyalpeon

loyalpeon IncGamers Member

why twister and not hurricane. sure the hurricane would not get any synergy from the tornadoes, but it would still get it from cyclone and provide pretty good crowd control - slowing all non-cold immunes down and damaging them too...

6. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

too bad you cant cast hurricain when youre in wolf form

7. ChthonVII

ChthonVII IncGamers Member

Update:

The stormlash got shael-ed & put on the druid & it works excellently. (Btw: this druid was "complete" way back in 09, so there's no changing his skills to account for synergies now.) 5 fps is very nice & the average physical damage is solid, although wiffing for a 400 dmg hit every now & then kinda sucks. The lightning damage, despite my concerns, turns out to be enough to kill most phys immunes relatively quickly. But, the real reason this weapon rocks is the static field. My God, I had no idea lvl 10 static had such a range -- when I start mowing down a pack of monsters, after he first half dozen or so, they all have 1/2 life before I even hit them -- it's like adding a ranged attack to the werewolf! As for the tornado, I agree with some of the folks in the windhammer theads around here somewhere: although it triggers a lot, it shoots off in all kinds of random directions, usually not exactly towards the monsters you want to hit, so, even if it were synergized up to doing decent damage, it would still be highly ineffective.