Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stormcryer and others, I need ur inputs plz

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Xarxov, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

Stormcryer and others, I need ur inputs plz

ok. umm i posted before like 2 days ago on which sorc build would be better for mfing, rushing, questing, running hell baal, meph and blah blah purposes and i came to the conclusion of using the archmage guide. There are couple of problems or issues that i need to be resolved before i start with my sorc. Heres the gear i am going to get for the archmage:

Gear:

Tals helm (ptopazed)
    Tals armor (umed)
    Tals orb (isted maybe)
    Tals belt
    Tals ammy
    war travs
    magefists
    2x sojs
    Stormsheild (umed)

Also some charms like 7 mfscs & anni charm probably in the near future

Skills:

20 Blizzard
    5 Glacial Spike
    1 Cold Mastery
    5 prerequisites

20 Chain Lightning
    5 Lightning
    1 Lightning Mastery
    4 prerequisites

20 Meteor
    5 Fireball
    1 Fire Mastery
    5 prerequisites

92 skills pts at lvl 81

Stats:

Str: enough for gear
    Dex: enough for block (depending on sheild)
    Vit: about 100 or so
    Ene: about 100 or so

Ok heres the problems that i have come across. I know if u use stormsheild i need like 156 str to use it. How can i have that high str and get high block? I think i would need the pdr cause of my build but i am not pretty sure about this. My other problem is about my skills. All the archmages people who have made one can answer this for me. Are my skills good enuf or viable enuf for me to do all of the things that i listed above or take on hell baal solo? I think maybe my setup of skills are kinda messed up. Maybe someone can help me figure out what would be best skill setup to get and take in also the pros and cons of frozen orb and blizzard if ur going to suggest either one of these over the other. Also regarding my chain lightning, would be it viable with that kind of setup for the lightning tree? would i be able to kill noticeable good enuf in an 8 player game. My last request is whoever has played an archmage, plz tell me what ur setup for skills and stats are and the how much damage each of ur skills does and what not. My last last request is, how can i acquire or trade for tals set? I know the trade value forum has like 5 ppl and most of the posts remain unanswered and get thrown to like to the 5th page or something so i am asking in the sorceress forum since this is after all a sorc set. I just want to know the general value of these. I know that some of the tals set is maybe not that hard to get or maybe be free or what not but i don't know since this is a long while later that i had my attention on sorc stuff. Anyway, plz post ur comments, criticism, suggestions anything on my build. Thank you.

P.S. Plz DO NOT say that archmages aren't viable because Stormcryer has proved that they are AND his guide is also stickied for a reason. I just need positive (or sorta negative as towards skills placement or stats and what not) response to make my build, thats all. Thank you again.

P.S.S. If my this archmage is complete, i will be able to donate some stuff for the sorc forum fund thing (and i will donate VeRy GeNeRoUsLy) :). Thank you once again.

Xarxov

2. warding

warding Banned

Without synergies and on such a tight skill build, I think you're better going with F Orb, it requires 20 FO and 1 CM to make effective, if even that. It does much more damage than unsynergized orb if you can aim it. Other lightning skills to consider: CB, Nova Other fire skills to consider: Fire wall, Hydra.

I would ditch the Tal set for maximum +2 skills gear because you'll need alot of them. Your setup has +9-10 skills. With a CoH/Occy or Hoto/Shako/Maras or Sorc ammy/SS/SoJs/Arach/Magefist/Boots/Anni you can get +13-14 Skills or more if you ditch SS for Visc. Add 3 Cold, 3 Fire, 4 Light skillers and a Visc you can get +18 fire, +18 lightning, +17 Cold, which ought to do respectable damage even without synergies.

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

It is just inbelieveable that people have not yet realized the reason why Tal's is equally powerful to any setup that has +3 extra skills compared to Tal's set -> The -xx% emelental resistances on the Orb. Please all make your calculations with some monster% applied and see what turns out.
    If monsterres% is 0% in Hell then the +3 extra skills setup still beats the Tal's by about 400 damage (comparison taken from FB), but as soons as monster resistances kick in THEY ARE EQUAL :p. Do the calculations, i am not boasting or anything.
    So even if you dont use Tal's consider getting some perfect unqiue facets for the element of your choice.
    See calculations in this thread for the unbelievers...
    http://rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=167201

AND NOW ON THE TOPIC ......

Your skills:
    On Blizzard. I want to hear of someone who used Blizzard in an archmage bild aswell, or even in a 2-tree build, just replacing FO since he/she may have gotten bored with it ;)

But if BLizzard or FO i would change it to this for max damage output
    20 Blizz
    7 CM
    With 20 in BLizz and only 3 points in syngery from prereq you will need all the -xx% cold resistance that you can get!

Same goes for Meteor

20 Meteor
    7 FM
    2 synergy (you get from prereq)
    Compared to your setup this does more damage, only by a 100 points or so, but this is the max you can get.

20 CL
    7 LM
    (2 synergy from prereq)
    Here the same. Mastery does more damage!

now add the +2 to all masteries you get from a perfect(!) Tal's orb and you do even more damage. In case of the Archmage build you pratically ditch synergies...

Instead of CL you might consider CB, but thats just your persoanl choice. CL is crowscontrol, CB is more single monster based (opposite to what you might think when you see that carpet sizzle away...) concernign attack.

FW would do more damage than Meteor, but both must be used very differently so its a matter of how you like to play. It should be fun and not like "Awww now i have to place that FW/Meteor again *UGH*"

lvl81 is not the limit. getting to lvl90 is not that hard an can be done (last lvl from 89 to 90 can be a bit tiresome) So you can fit the rest into masteries or also maybe some synergies; use this calc to see which would be best: http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e9325732/skillcalc)

Stormshield: Very simple, the extra str you put in for SS, wheter you Hel it or not are points that wont go into VIT. Since SS has PDR, at least for physical attacks both will be about the same, concerning your tradeoff in lifepoints for pdr. If you then still have max resists, i think there will be no problem.
    If you'd rather have more life i'd ditch SS and get either Whistan's or upg. Visceratuant or upd. Moser's Blessed Circle, all with PDiamons in them, and put the rest into VIT.

Tal's Set aquiration:
    Tal's set can be had for PGems, but quite alot, like 100 PGems. but you can also get it for a bunch of the usual tradables, like SS, Shako, Occy, Skullders or Runes. Tal's armor might go for IST or also MAL.

Tal's ammy is a who different issue. Its expensive, since rare. Tal's Ammy = Mara's kaleidoskop in trade values. So you can easily spend an IST here too, or a combination of higer runes. Maybe [email protected]

The rest of the set is cheap. A not perfect 15% Belt can be had for Pgems, the perfect one too. Same goes for Mask and Orb (perfect one possible some pgems more...) You will be looking for a perfect Orb!

I think that about wraps it up :) Want to hear from some people who used Blizz instead of FO.

4. Tanatus

Tanatus IncGamers Member

Just my 2cp here
    Meteor dont do a jack of damage unless you have maxed Fireball at least - you can get away with low FM and still do decent damage with Meteor (decent mean 7k+) but FB a must to have sinergy
    I dont know how heavy blizzard relay on singeries but Orb to be efficient need to have at least 8points in CM so with items you break mark 17CM (-100% to cold resist of none cold resistant monsters)
    Btw +3 skills in singergy aren't net you +400 to fireball we are talking more like about 1.5k+ damage to fireball if give +3 to all fire tree specially once you past break points. Each point in FM along past maxed FB/Meteor add on average 150-200 to Meteor and about 100-150 to FB. Sinergy is work somethat not linear at low skill lvls -XX% resist FAR better then +% damage but at high skill lvls (25+ slvl) puting 1 point in singery (via charm or item) boost your damage sky high

5. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

I still don't see why you want/need 3 elemental builds. Even a duel tree I find the damage a bit low for my liking.

6. melianor

At Tanatus and kuza. The thin i dont get is that people are asking for some advice and not about how bad this build is.
    There are people who have built Tri-Elementalists and they have soloed HELL with it, with Merc company. So what is the big deal?

Yes the damage is lower, but it stil does enough damage, otherwise people building such Sorcs would not be able to get through Hell, no?!?!
    Its just another way toplay the game and as we have seen with Stormcryer it can be done, and at a speed where you will not sit infront and look bored ;)

If you looked at the setup Tantus you would see that there are 7 points in Cm which will result in lvl17-19 CM. I think thats close enough to the other builds, right?

+skills from items do not add synergy damage. Only hard points in a skill will give synergy damage.

But you are right concerning the Fire-tree setup for a Tri-Elementalist. You would like to do something like:
    7 FB
    20 Meteor
    1 FM
    since that will give you more damage than putting the 7 in FM

7. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

Btw just so u all know i am on useast NON-ladder so i won't be able to upgrade any exceptional items to elite heh :). But anyhoo, i think overall everyone's response has been helpful to some extent, especially melianor's.
    Ok first thing first. I have always longed to make a sorc with tals set so i am only going to use the whole tals set along with everything else, nothing else cause i can't really afford a hoto or a CoH or arach belt.
    And something about blizzard that i forgot to ask about. How does blizzard work? I mean how many waves are there and how long does blizzard last as in cold length and in duration at lvl 20 with 7 in CM? Is the damage listed per icicle that drops or is it the whole thing? My other question is can someone list the damage that i would have according to Melianor's setup that he had suggested. Maybe someone can point to a much simpler skill calculator cause the one u gave, Melianor, is kinda confusing for me lol but thx for all ur help btw for the value of tals set and everything else :).
    umm, about SS. I know that ss requires a lot of str but how much dex would u need in total to get max block and would it be better to use lidless? I am going to consider mosers, viscertaunt and whistans too but i just don't like the look of a small sheild lol. But i think survival is better than looks right? :)
    Any archmages who use blizzard for their build should certainly reply and tell me how u set ur archmage up and what not as melianor suggested. I would really like to know if blizzard is good enuf cause i got tired 2 years ago of using FO all the time (when i had a sorc back then) and hearing the sound of shards and everything else about it lol.

Again Thanks to everyone who replied and keep those suggestions coming :)

Xarxov

8. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

Melinor: He was first asking what kind of sorc to build, so I was wondering why he went with the trimentalist when for his needs, and I quote "which sorc build would be better for mfing, rushing, questing, running hell baal, meph and blah blah purposes" so in my mind, a duel tree would not only be faster at doing these things, but be viable in all these situation.

As for making a big deal, that's your speciality. :)

9. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

so Melianor what would u suggest for skill alocations for my archmage? i think i like ur input more since u have the most "informative" responses. I am disregarding other people's replies against archmages because i am a big fan of archmages thats all and i think they have the potential. I mean archmages are very versatile in my opinion since they can combat anything especially those pesky dual immunes and stuff.
    Melianor, also tell me what ur actual damage each of ur main skills do with ur sorc that uses blizz and is an archmage and ur gear.
    Also what is the total resists u need to get to get max resists in helll if u don't count anyas quest for all 3 difficulties (thats 30 taken away)
    Thank you all :) :drink: :drink: :buddies:

10. Tanatus

Tanatus IncGamers Member

I did not mean to critique tri-element built at all - imf my MF sorc IS 3elementals (FO/SF/FB). I just tried to tell you what Meteor to be effective need to do INSANE high damage otherwise I'd stick with fireball for few simple reasons. Easy to target, very high firing rate, 1 yard radius of explosion give you still some pseudo AE effect. Umm better say this way let say your Meteor do ~5K and Fireball do ~1.5K damage believe you or not but you will kill things with such fire ball A LOT faster then with Meteor. Again from strickly person expirience - brake point for fireball is around 2K (give or take few hundreds). 1K FB just dont do enouth damage even in single player game to be considers as a weapon.
    So to speak with slvl29 of FO and slvl17 of CM you will able kill everything in hell that not cold immune .... fairly fast it will cost you ~25 points (with pre-req) for orb and 8 points for CM
    About Fire tree only FireWall somethat mimic Orb - dont requied much singery to be very damaging (Wall + FM) again I was just tried to point out that making meteor work as main or secondary attack you need at least 46 points which leave almost nothing for lighting tree ... which is also sinergy hungry. If you go with fire wall you can get away with just 35 points or so
    As for lighting tree - not an expert

11. IceFires

IceFires IncGamers Member

The gear looks good for a ArchMage build. The only thing that I would change is the stormshield to either a Moser's or Visencrant. The magefist to trang's gloves and the war travellers to a caster crafted boots w/ mf and resists. This is all dependent on if ya actually need that resist.

Skillwise, I think its much better to have frozen orb as ya main cold attack. I really dislike metoer and would probably take firewall, but that is mainly due to my playstyle. Simiarly I would pick Charged bolt/ Nova over chain lightning.

Also, is this tals set 1.10 or 1.09? If it is, 1.10 then ya have 70 fcr (20 orb, 30 partial set bonus and 20 gloves) and that would be great. Else, I would probably ditch the trangs/magefist for Frostburns.

12. melianor

Sorry kuza and Tantus if i seemed a bit rash myself. That was not my intention :cheesy:
    Concerning Firewall i agree. It would do the highest damage output with the lowest skill requirement. Firewall is not everybodies favorite in aiming and such and placing.
    Tantus, yup a nicely synergized Fireball works just fine aswell, as we can see from the Meteorb build :)
    I just thought since he wanted to make an Archmage and Xarkov still seem content with it, it would help more to suggest to him what he can do with that build. Though he might not be just as speedy at bosskilling as a dual or single tree can be, he can certainly do all the MFing and Solo Baal aswell.

Sorc setup:
    Full Tal's set
    Lidless/Visceratuant in your case for Max block since you are on none-ladder would be Whistans Guard with a PDiamond, since you can upgrade Visc :/
    Rhyme on switch for MF, and Ali-Baba or Gull
    Now more points can go to life since Whistans for example would only require about 150 dex for maxblock when you are finished.

Rings: Ravenfrost, Soj, rare/magic FCR Rings with second mod
    Annihilius
    Gheeds
    2 Skillers from each tree for some more added damage

Between i didnt say i had an Archmage build with Blizzard, but i wanted to hear if someone was using it instead of FO ;)

Possible setups (also look into Stormcryers thread that you can find when looking into the stickied "Guides thread"): All calculated with +12 skills, -xx% from the Orb has not been added into the damage calculation here.

20 FW 6311.7-6371.7
    7 FM
    or
    7 FB 1508.4-1719.9
    20 Meteor 5330.2-5567.1
    1 FM

5 Lightning 12-2546.5
    20 Chain Lightning 5.5-2555.7
    15 Lightning Mastery

For damage calculation of other builds i can only recommend this link:
    http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e9325732/skillcalc

20 Blizz/FO 1437.5-1507.6 / 445.7-466.6
    7 CM (the important thing here is, that mostly your damage will do double damage of what is displayed, since CM is factored in by reducing monster resistances, this also works to some degree (-15%) for Fire and Lightning since Tal's Orb offers those -xx% resistances)

To calculate the effect of -xx% resistances you take the calulated damage fromt that like and:
    synergized/mastered damage * (1-(monsterres%-itemsres%) = full damage

Resistances: -40 NM, -100 Hell. This is not -140 in Hell, since those dont add up. So with all 3 Anya quests this means -70 resists.

You will need a total of 145 res to reach max resists for each elemental tree.
    Tals give already 90 to fire/lightning/cold resistances and 33 to lightning res from the amu.
    Add a Pdiamond Shield and some rare boots with mf, resists and faster run walk or some rare FCR ring with nice multiple resists and you can reach max resists very fast!

13. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

wow thx so much melianor for the info. So i guess my skills, stats and gear are somewhat like this:

Skills:

20 Blizzard
    7 Cold Mastery

20 Chain Lightning
    5 Lightning
    15 Lightning Mastery

20 Meteor
    7 Fireball
    1 Fire Mastery

14 prerequisites

109 total skills pts at lvl 98 i believe

Stats:

Str: 75 (+10 str from war travs to reach 85, which is enuf for tals armor)
    Dex: 130 dex (+20 dex from tals belt to reach 150 dex for max block)
    Vit: rest of the points after energy
    Ene: 90 or 100

Gear:

Tals helm (ptopazed)
    Tals armor (umed)
    Tals orb (isted maybe)
    Tals belt
    Tals ammy
    war travs
    magefists
    soj
    ravenfrost
    Whistans (pdiamond)

some 7 mfscs
    anni charm
    gheeds
    some skillers probably

Total res will be 146 from this setup. Melianor, u forgot to add the +15 res from the tals mask :) So, +40 res from tals armor, +15 res from mask, +50 res from whole set, +22 res from um rune in tals armor and +19 from perfect diamond in whistans.
    I could try to put another ptopaz in tals armor instead of an um rune because since i can get an anni charm with +20 res to fulfill that res AND i can put the um rune in whistans instead of the perfect diamond in it. I think that way i have max resists and some more mf (281% mf to be exact if without the mf charms, can someone else check plz also).

revamped gear:

Tals helm (ptopazed) 24% mf
    Tals armor (ptopazed) 112% mf
    Tals orb (isted) 30% mf
    Tals belt 15% mf
    Tals ammy
    (Whole set bonus for mf = 65%)
    war travs 35% mf
    magefists
    soj
    ravenfrost
    Whistans (umed)

Ok now I still have a few more questions lol. I numbered them for it to be easier then having in long sentences or paragraphs:

1. Is +10 to all skills good enuf or not?
    2. Which skillers should i get, cold gc, fire gc, or lit gc? Which skill would require some boosting up?
    3. I asked before but i think i wrote too much last post lol. ok my question was: How does blizzard work? is the damage listed per icicle that falls or for each wave? How long does it last as in cold length and duration-wise?
    4. is it really necessary for an mfer to have something in the switch for the last kill cause i prefer not to switch? lol thats just my "style" because i don't want my tals "aura" to go away when i switch :)
    5. my last question (i think lol) is how should i go on maxing skills in each tree? Which skill should i max out first since that whole setup will require to reach lvl 98 and its hard to obtain so what would anyone of u or melianor suggest?

thanks everyone for all ur help (including other posters beside melianor :))

Xarxov

14. Stormcryer

Stormcryer IncGamers Member

Let's start with the EQ

I agree with Melianor,

Turf the SS...just too high a price in str and dex (even if nefed)

Go with a Wistans, as it will ofer the easiet max block, (less str and dex) Seeing how it is hard to "plan" on getting an anni, I would suggest that you um it for extra res.

If you are concerned about res in hell, then gor for a mosers and dual pdiamond it.

Get yourself a good rhymed grim or trolls, for second switch to MF gear.

Add the following once you've hit level 68. Alibaba as second weap switch for MF. With the archmage built on the tal Set, you won't need need a 2nd weap switch for combat so you can devote your 2nd switch to pure Mf Gear. Just make sure you do the weap switch JUST before teh kill and not too soon as you lose a ton of bonuses as soon as you switch from teh tal or to ali and break teh set bonuses.

If you're able to twink and have good mules...

For low level questing, use the following gear in the lower to mid levels intil you're high enough to use Tal Setup;

Cathans Set until you can use arcannas,
    Arcannas, Until you're high enough to use the following

Mid level EQ fthat is good for the archmage
    Vipermagi
    Peasant Crown
    Eye of eltich Ammy Vipermagi
    Waterwalkers
    (Craft somecaster rings)
    or a couple of manalds to get your mana regen up.
    or Soj of you got them
    (Craft a caster Belt)
    or String of Ears

For an early shield Stormguild is probably the best to keep your blocking up, and get a bit of lightning res bonus.

For MF
    Set up a good set of chancies, goldwrap and twin nagels to use in switch off for MF runs. It adds a couple of second to a Meph run, but by leveraging teh moat trick, you can actually Tele down using the Tal Set, quick TP to Dock for MF switch off to MF gear, and then return to get MF kill with 500 + MF.

OK now to skills

Your distribution is great, but you might want to consider the following.

Even when you pick up you act 2 defiance merc, some extra kick into def is helpful. Make sure you alot yourself the base points to get Shiver Armor. (Base only.. your later + skill with fill it in.) And it will help0 when solo running.

Also, the reduce killing ability of the Archmage makes Static Field a mandatory for act bosses. So again, plan on putting at least one point into the pre-req this one.

Finally, as although TS is not a pre-req for Blizzard, one point into here is god for early play as teh ltiile extra damage it does helps. Once you've outfitted your + skills eq ts becomes helpful for quill rats, and for those slimy little guys that spawn in the Act 4 River. They're a pain in the backside and having TS to drop em frees you up to go after the spawner.

Stat points
    Mine were as follows
    Str 107 (for rhyme)
    Dex continuos until max block is reached (about 207 by lvl 86 ..Some picked up by having and anni
    Vit I went with 90 as the eq bonuses take you up pretty well inot a decent range. I alos added a few +20 Lifers
    Energy got 140 total.

Once max block had been achived( and maintained (2 per lvl, as you level) I put spare points equally into vit and energy.

If you've got other non-ladder players that can MF eq or trading stuff start getting you gear in order. I player from scratch and it took me a while of MF runs to get my stuff, and to get the stuff necessary to trade for my armor.

Concentrate your early Mf runs (normal for yellows to eq you until you get uniques) on moating meph, and andy. Once in NM do the same, but add in Canyon of Mages and Tal tombs.

Once you reach Hell (and are stong enough) run, andy, countess, andmoat Meph in NM, as well as Canyon and Tal tombs in NM) Lost of chests and uniques , etc.

Once you've equiped youself with Tal setup (and other elites) moat Meph until your blue in the face to get the rest of your gear, or tradables. If you've gotten your merc up to teh task, and you have you MF gear i order, do the mausoleam, and Ancients tunnels. Teh pit run is good but you have to be a real expreienced heads up player there asd tehre are CI, and FI and even a few duals that you'll run into.

If you want to run independant keep your head up and have fun. If you need a bit of gear, let me know. I've still got a very rich non-ladder set of mules (just ask emmyangel she did pretty well the other night) I'l be happy to see what I can help you out with.

Storm

15. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

hmm, thx for the info stormcryer. I was hoping that u would reply my post with ur wisdom ;). Ok finally i have agreed to use whistans and drop ss. It took me long time to leave the ss mentally since i somehow got attacked to it because of its wonderful mods lol. But anyhoo i am going to go along with everything u have said except the part about switching to mf gear. I think i'll make up the mf from my main eq and mf charms and not have switch cause i really hate switching and i think having about 300~mf is good enuf along with res and blocking and stuff. I had already planned on getting a defensive merc for my archmage, i just didnt mention cause i forgot lol. Btw, why do u prefer to use shiver armor and not chilling armor? just wondering cause u said in ur guide as well about shiver armor? is it because of an extra point that u would need to put into chilling armor or something like that? anyway thats all my questions i guess. OH wait. can someone answer my question on blizzard cause i am really confused about how blizzard works. just look at my previous post and at the end. And also how would i go about maxing which skills first and whatnot?

Stormcryer, i was wondering if u might have like tals belt or tals orb by any chance. if u have a spare one or something if not then i wouldn't want it too badly. Btw, i am going to get rushed and get the eq especially the tal armor and tal ammy. I have war travs and raven, but don't have magefists or soj or whistans yet either. If u can spare them, and only IF u can, then i would greatly appreciate it :) thank you so much once again :drink: :buddies:

16. Stormcryer

I know what you mean about the SS. My first tanking/DR Archmage used the following EQ but it was more for a 1.09 cow build

SS
    Valor
    War travs
    Vamp Gaze
    String
    2 x soj
    Occy
    Mage Fist

God what a tank she was. She stood solo (no merc) in a ten + heard of cows laughing like a lunatic till she could bring down the stacking Metoers to decimate all. It was this original tanking build that got me thining of a tanking/archmage for the 1.10 patch.

Anyway on to the questions at hand.

Shiver armor

I selected Shiver armor as it gave me the added def, the minimal offensive freezing, and it was cheaper as I didn't have to invest the extra skill point.

Skill point maximization is one of the keys to a sucessful Archmage

Also, as an Archmage also does some of her own tanking, you will find yourself in melee (defensively anyway) situations while your casting area spells.

So by going for Shiver, you get the best of both worlds, at a minmum skill price.

BTW an initial investment in E Shiled (1 Point only please) can help in late Normal and NM. NOT to be used in Hell (for the archmage, its a mana killer---thus a character killer)

How to distrib points while questing

I answered this in another post but to save you time....

My suggestion would be;

To limit E Shield to that single point to use during late Normal and NM and leave it at home in Hell.)

Develop your base cold and lightning skills in Normal. (No imunes but as you are playing with with no merc to tank for you(until he levels up a bit he's difficult to keep alivbe), the timered Meteor may get you into trouble in the early stages of the game when you wont have max block and will have lower res.

Start to develop base fire skills as you quest NM, and complete the cold tree. Take a few extra runs each act to level up.

By end of NM you should have your cold tree almost completed be at 3/4 developed in your lightning and half developed in Fire tree.

As you quet hell, leave the Lightning tree alone for the time being and stress the completion of your cold and Fire trees. Of the skills you chose to master your best bang for your buck will come from Blizz and Meteor.(Cl is efective but I use it only after slowing them with Blzz even then using it inbetween meteors) By this time you should be okay with max block and can tank well enough to use the timer spells more effectively.

Once you have Meteor and FO maxed finish off CL. The go to work on your masteries/syngergies.

Depending on how much + skills you get for your EQ, it may be best not to put too many points in CM as you can reach a pretty good level from EQ bonuses, and if so invest your spare CM points into LM.

If you re-read the build guide you'll see where Melianor ponted out that 95% cold lower res is sufficient and teh extra 2 or t 3 points you save are better spent in LM to increase your CL.

Patience is the one you will need for this build. Do now be quick to jump into the next level (Norm, NM , Hell). Take some time to MF/lvl in between each level. There's a very good leveling chart in the compendium that shows you how to get teh max % per beat kill based on your level. I used this to determine when I moved on and it really helped me level, AND not jump inot the next too quick and thus get frustrated by unnecessary deaths.

As to Blizzard Damage, I can't answer this one as I have been asking the question myself for a few weeks.

ERR ummm (yeah even the build author has a few things to learn yet.)

Happy questing..

Cheers!

Storm

17. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

wow thx once again for ur input stormcryer. i'll follow up on ur advice. Btw i got really lucky just like 5 minutes ago. I just found a gull dagger at lvl 5 in black marsh :D with no mf :) :drink:

18. Stormcryer

I think I can come up with a tals orb, belt, and even mask form one of my mules. I KNOW that I've still got about 20 SOJs kickig around and that they're relatively worthless in non ladder. Or has all the DC sellingbrought them back in price????

I should be on late Thursday Night and as Friday is a holiday. maybe even them as well.

Cheers! Storm

19. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

wow thx again, stormcryer. ur a great guy lol :) i bow u for ur generosity :worship: Btw, are u on USEast Non-Ladder?

20. Stormcryer

Yup I'm on Useast both ladder and non ladder