Stormcaller

DwayneGAnd

Diabloii.Net Member
Like I said in a previous thread for the Geomancer, the storm side of the elemental tree appeals more to me. In fact, this not only is my favorite Druid build, it's one my favorite builds in the game.

What makes the Stormcaller unique among spellcasters is that some of his skills deal physical damage only, making this the closest thing there is to a warrior mage. Hurricane makes a great offensive and defensive spell which is great for taking out enemies you walk into, especially those annoying teleporting imps in Act 5. Tornado is our primary skill, but it is difficult to aim so spamming is the key!

One problem people have when they make this character is that he is incredibly weak until Tornado becomes available. So he has to rely on melee combat, minions, and his hireling, and other skills, and then respec once he hits level 30. However, I had a much different idea on how to get myself up to level 30 more easily. Like the last time I took this build through Normal, I was lucky enough to find a druid pelt that gave me access to Fissure. Fissure is the best crowd control spell the elemental druid has. Even a low level Fissure skill is enough to take you up to level 30, easily wiping out crowds of enemies. Even once Tornado becomes available, I kept using the oskill until Hurricane became available due to Tornado being difficult to aim and use properly. Once I hit level 30 and Hurricane became available, I used a different helm. Saved me a respec!

The first skill I pumped was Cyclone Armor, once that hit level 10, I saved points until Tornado became available. Then I pumped that until Hurricane became available. I pumped both skills with each level until I ran out of spare skill points. I'll finish pumping Hurricane, then Tornado, and then Cyclone Armor. Oak Sage and Twister will be maxed next. Through it all, I got other useful skills for this build, including the prerequisites for Summon Grizzly Bear and Solar Creeper. The Grizzly makes a great tank and the creeper is good for destroying corpses and regaining mana.

Here is the hireling and item setup endgame:

Act 2 Nightmare Defensive

Andariel's Visage (life leech, increased skills)
Treachery (increased attack speed and chance to cast fade)
The Reaper's Toll (life leech and chance to cast decrepify, solving the problem with dual physical and cold immunes)

Helmet: Ravenlore (increased elemental skill levels and resistances)
Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope (increased skills and resistances)
Armor: Enigma Archon Plate (increased skill levels, teleport oskill, damage resistance, life recovered per kill)
Weapon: Heart of the Oak Flail (increased skill levels, resistances, casting speed)
Swap Weapon: Call to Arms Flail (prebuff purposes)
Shields: 2 Spirit Monarchs (increased skill levels, casting speed)
Rings: 2 Stones of Jordan (increased skill levels and mana pool)
Belt: Arachnid's Mesh (increased skill level, casting speed, and mana pool)
Boots: Silkweave (increased mana pool, mana per kill)
Gloves: Magefist (increased cast speed)

According to my notes I'll have 5 skill points left, though I spent 3 points to get Solar Creeper, which leaves me only 2 skill points at level 99. Should I get rid of the creeper later on? How should I spend my leftover points?