Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stormblazer

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by danc133, Apr 13, 2005.

1. danc133

danc133 IncGamers Member

Stormblazer

This was a charactor that was fun to play in older versions wanted some feedback on what some might think as being viable. (not a mega-killer just can live)
    I recently had a system crash and had to format and reinstall so lost my beautiful atma stash. This little sorc was a blast to play as she was always on the move. She has to be kinda quick but not godly with fast r/w. I'm gonna play her hardcore with minimal twink mostly what she finds. I just wanted to know what you all think if she would survive in hell or should I just goof with her and have some fun.

I was going to set her skills as follows:

TS=20
    LM= 10
    SF=2
    tp=1

1 in prereq's 2 in static for the added range till +skills came to me.

blaze=10
    FM = 10

blizz = 20
    orb= 1
    CM= 5
    blast =2 (for the chillem and killem singles)

I was gonna play her with a bow or crossbow and use the herd affect on monsters. Run circles around them, static alot, let blaze,TS and blizz kill them. This girl would never stand still. High TS would spark often and last several minutes aka set and forget. Static with a couple skills would hit all those you run around. Blaze fire burns for about 15 seconds at 400 a second(round numbers). Blizz will hit for about 600-700 per shard. I realize she wouldn't kill fast but could be fun. I am curious to see what you all think about this old build in todays game.

I thought I'd use a HF merc to slow them so TS and Blaze would be more effective blizz seems to hit moving targets better.

Thanks in advance

D!

this round is on me! :drink: :buddies:

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I don't think Thunderstorm will be able to do much damage, especially not if you're going for a crossbow=no +skills:(

You can go here and see what kind of damage it does...not very uplifting.

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=314741

I also think you should use Frozen Orb instead of Blizzard, since it's much easier to use, and would do comparable/better damage than Blizzard without its synergies.

This looks like kind of a hectic build, with all the running and stuff, but I see no reason why you shouldn't beat Nightmare...You're probably going to have a lot of trouble in Hell though. Hardcore and minimal twink is going to be very difficult with an oddball character like this...Also lack of shield is almost certain death...no block and huge loss of resists, is going to kill you off sooner or later. Maybe consider using a Suicide Branch + Moser's shield or something, you won't really be able to use that bow anyway with lousy attack rating.

Best of luck:)

3. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

It gonna be hard, and I don't know how far she will get, but there is no harm in trying if you are up for the challenge.

I think the key to making a low damage build work is PMH. Unless you are really attached to using a bow, you might want to consider throwing knives + shield. Throwing knives can get PMH and you will have the advantages (block/resists) of a shield.

I would also recommend shopping for a +Enchant 2-socket staff from Drognan for leaf for the AR bonus. Now here is an interesting question, if you cast blaze with a leaf staff and then switch to your other weapon, does blaze stay at the level it was originally cast at for the duration? If so, that could be used to your advantage.

4. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Just a word of warning. If you want Blaze to be good, you need

1. NOT to use a melee merc. The monsters will be stopped by him, so they won´t chase you.

2. Time to stack the flames. This leaves you with little time to use SF and Blizzard. It might work if you are skilled, though.

Sounds like a fun, versatile but very damanding and dangerous build. Enjoy it while she can still kill effectively...

5. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

To be honest, I can't see Blaze as being at all effective unless you centre the whole build around it... and even then it'd be a struggle.

6. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

It can be effective in the early to mid-game with a small investment.

For the late game, I couldn´t agree more. Non-FI monsters that are keen on chasing you can be killed, but the ones with lots of life and fire resistance needs work and skill to defeat.

On the plus side, I have rarely had as much fun with D2 as with my Blaze Enchantress.

7. Day

Day IncGamers Member

You can have switch gear and orb and say sigorns to cast thuderstorm and then switch back to XBow.

8. Day

Day IncGamers Member

Oops double post