Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

store spam "buy blah get discount" in whispers now ='( d

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Don Zardeone, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Don Zardeone

Don Zardeone Diabloii.Net Member

store spam "buy blah get discount" in whispers now ='(

I recently got followed by some guy who kept following me. I then found out I can kick him from my friendslist so he can't find me anymore (kept picking my drops saying he did all the work while he somehow magically managed to pop in 5 seconds before I kill some boss)

However, today I face a new problem.

You know those ads about "buy this get free enigma at this link: www.microsoft.com/poop blahblah".

Well, they used to just pop in a game, do their macro and run off again.

But now, one of them keeps messaging me every 5 seconds. It's cluttering the screen at the worst times possible and I keep forgetting to put him on ignore whenever I join a new game.

I don't think it's real advertising because the guy who does it started doing it after this happened:

The game was called "I open cow4u" or something similar. Me happy I enter and 3 french guys start calling me stupid... but in french. They said I wasn't allowed in there and go into that offensive pvp mode thing but they never attack me. Eventually I'm in the party anyway but they leave quickly, zero cows killed at this point.

I figured I had the whole place to myself, more people come in, we kill stuff, I see the king and leave (I'm paranoid).

So now these french guys start whispering me to go to a duel (3 vs 1, they're levels 90+, I r 50) game but I don't respond. They start calling me things but I don't really respond because I figured they were kids looking for someone they could piss off.

After an hour or so, they start whispering /*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@#/*ù@# over and over again, filling the screen. I put them on ignore.

Few games later and I get whispered store ads from all sides.

Is this the only way out? /o igw
    But then nobody else will be able to whisper me... Can I ignore specific people for ever? Or do I have to ignore everyone?

Can I report these guys somewhere so their accounts are deleted or muted?

(btw, they also said they'd report me for "breaking cow game" and sending my account and password to blizzard so I'd be muted for 2 months (makes no sense) <-- Why I think they're mentally insane or have a mental age of 4 or are from some weirdo candid camera punk'd haha show)

2. seralph

seralph Diabloii.Net Member

If they had your password your gear would allready be gone. Make screenshots the next time so you can proof blizzard, that they spamed and their and not your cd-key need to be muted.
    Never anser and they will loose their intrest soon. Unfortunatly I do not know a method to mute single accounts for ever.

3. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman Diabloii.Net Member

Ah, those annoying kiddies, the same thing happened to me once. I've just squelched them everytime they spammed me, and 1 or 2 days later I never heard of them anymore :grin:.

Regarding spambots, it's more annoying, but I've noticed that these bots usually whisp you when you've created your game from a channel. If you stay in the previous screen (where you haven't join a channel yet), you're most of the time safe from these advertisements.

4. ffejrxx

ffejrxx Diabloii.Net Member

if your account is still good, change your password to something different
    quit playing for a week or two, if your not on theyll loose interetst and go elseware

5. Don Zardeone

Don Zardeone Diabloii.Net Member

They were doing it for like a day but seem to have lost interest now.

I do have screenshots of it though.

Btw, off topic, are accounts tied to a cdkey? I have 2 copies of D2+exp so 4 keys in total. Use them on 2 diff comps to mule with myself.
    I was wondering if I can make more accounts under the same key?

6. HardyTarget

HardyTarget Diabloii.Net Member

You can make dozens of accounts using the same key, I don't think there is any limit but even if there was, you can make enough accounts.

I have a few dozen muleaccounts myself :laughing:

7. seralph

seralph Diabloii.Net Member

Blizzard save the key of the creator and afaik also every key which used the account too. Most people have much more than 1 account per keyset. Have a friend which made for sure more than 20 accounts with the same key.