Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stop Making New Leechers

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Superhal, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

Stop Making New Leechers

There's been a trend for the past week or so on advice for building up chars: get rushed, then leech. (not just in this forum, but in the class forums as well.)

Aren't you folks sick of people spamming in channels (or even public games) for rushes?

Obviously, from the "useless party member rant" thread, all of you are sick of leechers.

So, why advise people here to do what you despise?

It was pretty good when MongoJerry was doing his stories. He inspired a lot of people to NOT take the shortcut, the easy way, or to quit when the game got hard. I know i was inspired to stick to several builds that i almost gave up on that eventually became pretty good characters.

However, that feeling has disappeared. Nowadays, it's all "don't be a noob, take the shortcut." or "only noobs play through."

Imho, shortcuts should be reserved for players who have years of playing under their belt, and want to try new builds that are extremely specialized and not meant for general playing.

For people trying the cd for the first time, shortcuts are robbing them of a very fulfilling experience that can even be fun at times.

So, think twice before saying, "just get a rush" or "leech in big games." Please!

2. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

I see what you mean, here's my opinion:

I for myself can say that I get all my characters rushed now. When I started out this was not the case. I have completed the game in single / multiplayer several times; completing every Quest of course. Now the point of playing D2 has greatly changed for me. I now aim at making perfect chars. I plan every little stat point and make sure that at lvl 99 the char has the best gear possible. To be honest, just walkin around lvling is not what makes D2 so awesome for me. I enjoy the challenge of finding rare items and using these to perfect my chars.

Having said this, I think its important especially for newcomers to play the game through. It gives you a better feel for the game and makes the gaming experience that much more fun.

Peeeeaaaace

-Backdoor Bandit

3. LexmarkX73

LexmarkX73 IncGamers Member

I've been playing d2 for years now, and honestlly the quests just arent the same. I do maggot lair runs to 20, cows to 24, norm baal to 38, nm baal to 70, hell baal to 80 then do hell forge :p with my "hammerdin" ive decided that im happy with one unbeatable character then a bunch of ok characters. Anywho, mf is a much more enjoyable experience. its like christmas morning:p
    every weekend though me and a friend make new builds for fun, lvl to 80 and retire.

4. Jerkazoid

Jerkazoid IncGamers Member

i doubt anyone on this forum is that new to the game

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

sure there are. if somebody asks "what's a rare?" then chances are pretty good they're new. i would say 1 out of 10 new threads here are started by total and utter beginners, and i only look at 3 forums.

6. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

If I think egoistically - leachers are good for me. I have played a long time now, my chars are well built and well equiped, I can play effective in full games with one - two partners and five - six leachers. They just give me more expirience and better drops. :lol:
    I never leach myself though and I think - "poor people who do it! They miss a lot of joy this game can give".
    As I understand Superhal´s intention he is against spreading and supporting a credo like:
    "Professionals leach - noobs play"
    In this case I think Superhal is right - becouse LoD is is a fine game, worth to play.

7. Jackalofdoom

Jackalofdoom IncGamers Member

some of us dont have all the free time kiddies do, so leeching isnt an option is more of a way of life.
    1-** in 2 days leechin isn't bad, so don't complain when someone does it. Like the other person said, it just ups your loot and experience.

8. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

Oh, just give me breake - I hate adults :lol: