Stone Crusher vs. Shaefer's Hammer - Your Thoughts

shpana

Diabloii.Net Member
Stone Crusher vs. Shaefer's Hammer - Your Thoughts

So which is better physical damage wise? The crusher can get a whoopin 250 avg damage (best possible) and the shaefer has +2 to max damage per lvl and 20% increased attack speed.

Anyone here had experience with both of these on a zeal pally?

thanks a ton

Diminished-Soul

Diabloii.Net Member
Well since Schaefers has that 20%ias that comes on it. You will only need 100%ias to reach 4fps zeal.

While Stone Crusher has none, you will need 120%ias to reach 4fps zeal.

Now I have never used Stone Crusher on a Zealot, but I have used Schaefer's Hammer. Schaefer's Hammer is a good zealot weapon: Ias, AR, Life, Light Resist.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
shpana said:
So which is better physical damage wise? The crusher can get a whoopin 250 avg damage (best possible) and the shaefer has +2 to max damage per lvl and 20% increased attack speed.

thanks a ton
The Schaffer's no contest, 20% ias high maximum damage enormous AR and a static field level that makes non lightning immunes drop dead in seconds.

Ti-Ben

Diabloii.Net Member
Freezin'Ya said:
But neither are a viable zealot weapon anymore
What are you talking about? I'm about to pat a Zealot using Gris's Caddy (with full Gris's set), and he can still kill a lot. Good uniques are better than this set. I don't see a problem using a SC or SH since both are way better than the Caddy.

amishamigo

Diabloii.Net Member
Ti-Ben said:
What are you talking about? I'm about to pat a Zealot using Gris's Caddy (with full Gris's set), and he can still kill a lot. Good uniques are better than this set. I don't see a problem using a SC or SH since both are way better than the Caddy.
Amen, I'm sick of fools who think the only zealot weapon is an etheral botd zerker :/

Diminished-Soul

Diabloii.Net Member
Rofl ya I must agree there...

A paladin using Schaefer's Hammer may still have good def, ar, and damage...

Plz define viable too me cuz I am a newb.

Ifrit18

Banned
Schaffers does quite a bit of dmg with its physical dmg and add in a 4 fps attack triggering static field and its simply good.

acceleration turkey

Diabloii.Net Member
shpana said:

thanks a ton

well first of all its no contest that shaeffers or stormlash are incredibly good zeal weapons for the static field, much better than stone crusher.

moreover, if you want high damage, there are much better options.

an average razors edge does about 200 average damage at a rate of [-40]

an upgraded headstriker does over 300 average damage at a rate of [0]

whereas an average stone crusher does 242 average damage at a rate of [20]

basically the only reason to use stone crusher is if you care dearly about crushing blow. it has 40%. considering stormlash has 33% it is very competative in that category. not to mention that stone crushers strength requirement is really high @ 189

Halbreed7250

Diabloii.Net Member
jumbo_SHRIMP said:
you can get an ethereal stone crusher tho, potentially, that damage is nutz

phelix
or an ethereal stormlash is nice also

and that rare legendary mallet is crazy sick dood

Snake-Byte

Diabloii.Net Member
Halbreed7250 said:
or an ethereal stormlash is nice also

and that rare legendary mallet is crazy sick dood
Would be even better if it had the Fool's mod on it :D

edit... Wait a minute. Repairs one durability every 50 seconds? I thought it was 30 and 15 for magics/rares? maybe 30 and 20?

Oh, and look behind the mods, you can see 8 jewels that seem to be highlighted in green (I can't tell 100%, but that's just what it looks like to me)

The mallet is made in open, but yes it could technically spawn (the repairs is off ;))
I was just showing the best average damage on a one hander.
The jewels in the backgrounds is because the mod list is under the mallet and over a jeweled armor or something, I had to crop a bunch to lower file size.

amishamigo

Diabloii.Net Member
Æ’enris said:
The mallet is made in open, but yes it could technically spawn (the repairs is off ;))
I was just showing the best average damage on a one hander.
The jewels in the backgrounds is because the mod list is under the mallet and over a jeweled armor or something, I had to crop a bunch to lower file size.

Wouldn't it be better to add the evisceration suffix or the best damage suffix on the end instead of the self repair, and just lose the ed/ias for a zod rune?

And couldn't a crafted blood mallet (I think you can craft blood mallets) have higher ed on it, or any crafted mallet for that matter.

toshin

Diabloii.Net Member
acceleration turkey said:
well first of all its no contest that shaeffers or stormlash are incredibly good zeal weapons for the static field, much better than stone crusher.

moreover, if you want high damage, there are much better options.

an average razors edge does about 200 average damage at a rate of [-40]

an upgraded headstriker does over 300 average damage at a rate of [0]

whereas an average stone crusher does 242 average damage at a rate of [20]

basically the only reason to use stone crusher is if you care dearly about crushing blow. it has 40%. considering stormlash has 33% it is very competative in that category. not to mention that stone crushers strength requirement is really high @ 189
Counting deadly strike with those 2 weapons is not a fair comparison, you can also get deadly strike with stone crusher. Attack rating shouldnt be a problem just find a demon limb and use the charges and get 200% ar bonus. As for the strength req you can chop off 20+ when using stone crusher because of its bonuses.

Personally I like stone crusher better then shaeffers but i am weird.

amishamigo said:
Wouldn't it be better to add the evisceration suffix or the best damage suffix on the end instead of the self repair, and just lose the ed/ias for a zod rune?

And couldn't a crafted blood mallet (I think you can craft blood mallets) have higher ed on it, or any crafted mallet for that matter.
The highest suffix is butchery, +20 max.
Self repair would allow for two +30 max jewels or 40/15, 40/10 or 40/15ias, instead of just one.
So it's, 40/15 w/self repair or 20 max and a zod.
I don't think blood craft can get 550 e/d (highest possible, 2 ohms).