still not enough attack rating

mugana

Diabloii.Net Member
still not enough attack rating

with cerberus, 2x angel ring and ammy, and 2x gc that has 100+ ar, I still only have 25k ar. I am a fury/rabies druid and ww is not maxed yet. What can i do to get more ar? I don't think it is possible to hit high def barbs with my ar.

mugana

Diabloii.Net Member
what do i need to hit 30+k ar? I don't think maxing ww is needed considering that lots max oak instead. Get more ar charms? I have 2 gc that give 100+ ar and that does not seem to help much.

mugana

Diabloii.Net Member
i have max block. do most duelers use demond limb to prebuff? i plan to use 9 shapes gc. I have 4 now. So getting 10x ar gc is out of the question.

Clay bizzle

Diabloii.Net Member
Small and large charms with the right mods are great too. With the same gear you have I hit 33k plus a little change. With HoW I hit like 40.9k.

sablast

Diabloii.Net Member
mugana said:
i have max block. do most duelers use demond limb to prebuff? i plan to use 9 shapes gc. I have 4 now. So getting 10x ar gc is out of the question.
Sorry I ment 9 GCs, not 10.
Using enchant for a prebuff is a drag, but most of the time you don't need more than 25k AR. Whan you need it, use enchant

Clay bizzle

Diabloii.Net Member
25k AR is not enough for me against 30k+ defense barbs and pallies. If you are the exact same level and your attack rating meets their defense, you only have a 50% chance to hit, and then of coarse 75% block is always an issue. In your case you will be hitting them like 1 out of every 10 if you are lucky.

xpumafangx

Diabloii.Net Member
Plus to skills, and plus to ar cannot happen.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/magic/largecharms.shtml

Check it out there.

Now moving on.

I have found that having items around now normaly since my werewolf right now is lvl 90. I have been able to hit a high def user. But normaly thats becasue they are a lower lvl then I am. So the items I use tend to be the same answer everyone else is giving. I would add points to werewolf for the attack ratting. Level 10 werewolf with plus to skills from items seams to be enough.

Kiba

Diabloii.Net Member
I usaully run around 18k ar and do dine vs high def char's. Just about postiontion yourself right where you know a ww barb's ww wil stop.

Caninja

Diabloii.Net Member
I hit 30k AR with angelics, anni, dtorch, and 8 SS gcs. I still feel like I need abit more vs some high def pallies and barbs.

Clay bizzle

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmmmm anyone tried out Hsarus combo? It's boots and belt and gives the same bonus as one Angelic ring/ammy. I've been contemplating it as a possible substitute in some situations to giving up Highlords and Ravens for Angelics.

Within

Diabloii.Net Member
i tried before hasarus belt/boot combo..

it help quite alot in AR..

but i will not sacrifice my boot/belt for hasarus..

Hey.. When versus smiter.. is 86 fhr essential?

Jalah mane - 30
Blood fist - 30
Verdungo - 10?

how to make it 86..?

pedu

Diabloii.Net Member
Ive shaeled my jalals. But thinking on resocketing. That and charms is the only way with that setup...
A nice belt with 24 fhr, stats, life and res is another (better?) option.

belt 24
jalals 30
Bloodfist 30
1sc 5

89fhr.

MrGoth

Diabloii.Net Member
First when I read your posts I got the feeling that you think attackrating has to be the same if not more than the persons defense. If so then this is a common misconception, attackrating and defense rating actually have breakpoints {but god knows what they are}.

Imo, the easiest way to have an advantage against any high defense character is to be much higher level. I had a lvl 99 fury wolf for a while, and he only had about 22k ar vrs melee, and most ww barbs thought I had some sort of stacked defense and 40+k ar.

mugana

Diabloii.Net Member
my druid is only lvl 83. Maybe that's the problem? Baal runs are boring but i guess i have no choice