Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Still confused with account expiration rules

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Venomous_Marci, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Venomous_Marci

Venomous_Marci IncGamers Member

Still confused with account expiration rules

I'm somewhat miffed. One of my HC mule accounts expired. I have just logged in and poof..I see all the mules have expired.
    What gives? I thought it was 90 days before your account went byebye. My mules were all properly burned in before the patch and I had some nice items stashed there. Sure, I play the ladder now and Nonladder is old news to me but still, I find this absolutely unacceptable to be screwed over by Blizzard like this. Last time I logged in to refresh my mules it was in early December so there is no way 3 months have passed since.
    Can someone direct me to a blizzard info page about current expiration rules or explain to me why blizzard's 3 months are 2 months for everyone else. Does Blizzard use Martian calendar or something?

2. Compman

Compman IncGamers Member

Characters expire after 10 days unless played for a minimum of 2 hours.

3. Venomous_Marci

Venomous_Marci IncGamers Member

if you had read my post carefully you would have noticed that I have burned them in the required 2 hrs when I created them.
    I wouldnt care but I lost a perfect Umed HOZ and guardian angel.
    Mules were created almost a year ago and I refreshed them on regular basis and now this.. a total b.s. from blizzard but then I woudlnt expect anything else from this dissmal company.

4. Compman

Compman IncGamers Member

Just because you lost your characters doesn't necessarily put Blizzard at fault. If it really was a bug in the system contact them. Sitting in here and whining about how bad of a company they are doesn't do anything.

5. BuddySativa

BuddySativa IncGamers Member

My old 1.09 chars still needed to be logged in at least once since 1.10 launch.

They are lvl 70 mules - originally 1.08 chars - and would have expired in 10 days when I first upgraded to 1.10.

6. Taurusrexx (Vodu)

Taurusrexx (Vodu) IncGamers Member

1) I have enormous numbers of mules and havent lost 1
    2) how exactly did you "refresh" them
    3) how exactly did you confirm that you refreshed them in December
    4) how exactly have you confirmed that you refreshed them in every 90 days before then.
    5) how exactly did you confirm you burned them in for 2 hours in the first 48

Just becasue the mules were just deleted, does not mean this was when you neglected to refresh them in 90 days. You might have missed than 8 months ago and Bliz just got around to deleting them. In fact, you might NEVER have burned them in properly and Bliz just got around to removing them.

7. weirdbeard

weirdbeard IncGamers Member

I find it hard to believe that the acct deletion program that watches over the burn-in process just got lazy and forgot to delete chars that were'nt properly burned in, especially since inthe patch it counts the days down based on your computer's own clock.
    and it tells you under each char when they're gonna expire, once it gets to 60 days, or at least thats how my mules have been reading when I log in.
    oh, I thought it was fairly common knowledge that the 2 hour burn-in in the first 48 hours of a char's life in pre-1.10 was bs. I left a just started char for a week and a half once and it was there just as i left it when I picked it up again.
    in the patch new characters get 11 days before deletion after each play session until 2 hours of game time is logged. you can see this by starting a new char and playing it one minute every other day for a week. each time it will go from character expires in 9 or 10 days to 11 after even a minute logged on.

this sounds like some kind of server error, I'd email bliz with a list of the chars and gear on the acct and see what they say. if they blew it they'll probably restore the chars, if they are able