Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Still bloody sick as a dog Thursdaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by neumein, May 1, 2008.

1. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Still bloody sick as a dog Thursdaily

RL: This damned cold/flu thing is starting to really peave me off. Not being able to walk down to the shops is really frustrating, getting out of bed is painful, laying down again can be just as bad, and now my stomach is trying to digest itself as I haven't eaten in three days. Great.

D2: Been working on the Guided Arrow Zon, currently lvl 25, A2 Norm, also been planning out a Glacial Spike/Nova Sorc, I might start her today.

2. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Re: Still bloody sick as a dog Thursdaily

@neumein:
    Get better soon.

RL: Got my bio scores back. Did 10% lower than expected. There goes my cGPA. >_> Damn ***** GPA system. I studied so hard for it too. :( Man, I better start buckling down or there goes my chances at med school.

D2: Meh... I'm such a slacker...

3. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

@neumein, are you sure it's not food poisoning? I woke up once on New Years Day with the worst hangover of my life - despite not having drank that much the night before (4-5 beer and a couple glasses of bubbly over a long evening - that's less than I've had this evening :p). After not being able to eat for a couple of days (or even keep water down, in my case), I was pretty sure it wasn't a hangover. My first (successful) meal that year was on January 5th... what a lovely experience.

RL: Still Wednesday, but today's likely to be more eventful. Hiked "Mount Stairmaster" in the afternoon (~30% pitch for 1.5 miles), just as I was pulling into the driveway after that, I saw that my neighbour/friend was pulling in too, so I grabbed a couple of beer from the fridge and went over to chat. He has a monstrous rose-garden, as well as tequila and plays the guitar, so I spent the next ~4 hours helping him de-winterize his roses (my hands are scratched to :censored:), receiving free guitar lessons, and drinking tequila. After stumbling home and enjoying food, water and shower... I'm just trying to stay awake.

Thursday: good question. Probably...

D2: If my math is correct, I have the runes to make a Fortitude for my Abbot (if not, it's back to some more Countess runs). In fact, I might tackle that project right now - it's just a matter of transferring my traded runes from this (networking) computer to my non-networking D2 computer... Where'd I put my Flash card?

After that, it's abbot-time.

4. Steven Q Urkel

Steven Q Urkel IncGamers Member

I know exactly how you feel, mate. Earlier this winter my respiratory tract was pwn3d by a nasty case of Bronchitis. Went to the doctor, got some gg antibiotics, cleared it right up. But then just a few weeks later, I ended up getting Bronchitis again. :rant: Needless to say, I was less than amuzed. :rolleyes:

RL: We just finished discussing chapter 12 Wednesday. Exam 4, including material covered in chapter 12, is Thursday. Sigh. Such is college, I suppose. I'm still not quite 100% confident on Bromonium ion rxn mechanisms, but what are you gonna do. LoL.

D2: Sigh. If only wishing made it so.

5. Antonio

Antonio IncGamers Member

Thursdaily - The May Day

RL: As of today, the super extra long weekend deluxe has begun(thank you very much oppressed workers of all countries) :laugh:. Me and my bro are setting up a barbecue in the yard, having some friend coming over so it should be fun today.

D2: nah, I installed Icewind Dale 2 yesterday so no time for D2

Have a good one everybody :fortuneteller:

@neumein: Ahhhh,you bloody Aussies are stealing all the dailys :grin: I'll PM mod to merge

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  6. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Re: Thursdaily - The May Day

Bah, begone you wretched daily-stealing thief! Just kidding. There was already a daily up, I'm sure that Thyiad will be around shortly and clean it up.

7. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Get well soon, neumein.

RL: Blah. Need to spend a bit more time preparing for exams than originally planned. Nothing cuts into my anime time, meaning...

D2: My D2 time could take a hit. So many builds on the table too. Currently 8 hours into the Mephisto portion of the MFO, so at least that part's looking alright.

8. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

RL: Avoiding it like always.

D2: My bulletproof meleemancer isn't quite so bulletproof. Well, we'll see how it works out when he can use his next piece of gear at clvl 65. Still, it's looking like the build will fall over when it gets to Hell.

9. winmar

winmar IncGamers Member

RL: Minor hangover and bad weather. The perfect day for some D2.

It was "Valborg" (Walpurgis?) here in Sweden yesterday. A proud tradition when many of the youths get extremely drunk, beat each other up and spends the night in jail. Fun times :undecided:

D2: Take my HC Poisonmancer into Hell. It will probably be quite a challenge since he don't have alot of life.

10. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

RL: Maybe

D2: Probably a bit of 2h Zealing. I got throught A3 NM last night, the NM Hellforge beckons. Still not convinced by my A3 cold merc. When I am busy hacking things to pieces in one room, he is off admiring the scenery in a room I have already cleared. This caused me to die twice, and he does nothing when I try to get my body back. S&E is normally quicker.

@pharaoh: Are you using CE? I actually found Hell easier than NM with mine because CE was so much less effective at high player settings.

11. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

RL: Blocked nose and it feels like my head might explode. I blame neumein. Job hunting I guess.

D2: Lots of Memphying to do.

I thought we got a spare week at the end to do our extra 10 hours but it looks like we do it in the middle. Oops.

12. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

RL: Went to bed at 6 a.m. Still wonder how I managed the way home across the whole town by bike without being stopped by the police. Maybe they were already busy taking breath tests from the other party guests :tongue:
    Woke up with a hanover just now, though not as bad as I feared.
    However I have to clarify that I didn't drink thath much...if I had drunk the amount sirpoops called "not that much", I'd probably be dead by now:rolleyes:

D2: Maybe I should start SC to avoid killing my characters in my current condition???

I always have to laugh when I read "Memphying", because it sounds similiar to "mampfen" in German which means "to munch"
    :-D

13. branmuffins

branmuffins IncGamers Member

RL: Had a bit too much malaria prevention (aka Gin and Tonic) last night now I have a killer hangover that is really just starting to hit bad. Bleh. Seems to be a common theme around here today.

D2: prob since there isnt much else going on here today.

14. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

d2: nothing

rl:trying to think how to improve my conferdence, and probly get some corsework done. also got to figre out how to get a girls intrest that i met last saturday when i was back home, should be fun seeing as i have no clue what im gona say or do. and the only way i have to contact her is myspace lol (yes im a dam idiot and forgot to get her number XD)

15. HellHoundBarb

HellHoundBarb IncGamers Member

RL: Just came home from the cinema, been watching Iron Man with a friend. Nice movie :grin:. I bought Assassin's Creed yesterday, so that will keep me occupied for the rest of the day :wink3:

D2: Nope and most likely won't play it the following days.

HHB

16. kanonfutter

kanonfutter IncGamers Member

RL: Today it is a national holiday, so 1th of may is off so everybody, not just workers. Appropiately, our nurses and daycares are on strike, but since our children are in a private kindergarden we aren't troubled.

Spent the first of the day cleaning and installing a tap in the utility room, first time I tried that. When I cut the tubes, I misjudged one by 5 mm short. Luckily, I had a spare valve lying around, so I could lengthen the pipe by 3 cm, shorten the tube by 1.5 cm, and thus install the tap. While it look a bit odd with two valves on top of one another, the valve was $5, but the tube sold in sets at $20. So I think I'll stay with the solution. Next big project: Cutting out some shelves for stuff out there. I made the rack allready, so it is easy going from here. However, the lady is staring pointedly at the lawn, so it might get priorities.

D2: Just got three belts in two Mephisto runs: Verdungo, IK and Credendum. Funny coincidence. Need to get my Shock Zealot out of normal, but my Charger is tempting as well. We'll see.

Edit: I haven't got a hangover

17. Lady bug

Lady bug IncGamers Member

RL: National holyday (again ... I love the spring), I dont really like though when I have to spend my day off, cleaning the house and washing and folding clothes, but I guess I'd dislike it even more, if it werent done. The sun is shining though, and its not MY duty to mow the grass, Ill leave that to Kanonfutter :jig:

D2: Almost done with act 1 hell with my fireborber. Hopefully I'll get her a good way through act 2 as well.

18. Cupcakesnbeer

Cupcakesnbeer IncGamers Member

RL: PAYDAY!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: Just have to make it through today and Friday so I can spend it! New acoustic here we come. Can't wait for Saturday and the Oscar Lopez concert!!!

*waits patiently*

D2: Girlfriend outta town for work means guilt-free diablo mayhem HAHA

@all the sickos............get well soon!

19. BobTheWarrior

BobTheWarrior IncGamers Member

Indeed. Whatever your 'sickness' may be.

20. schillerdc78

schillerdc78 IncGamers Member

RL: Labour day and i couldn't sleep late. What a shame, but the kid had a football tournament. At least his team finished 3rd. Now I'm on kitchen duty and waiting for the gf to return from work.

D2: No time so far, but I have an Amazon waiting for me.