Sticky management

Gorny

Banned
Sticky management

We've got a few stickied threads up there, I was thinking of cleaing up the stickies and putting the links to the guides that are there into the Rules and Links thread.


If any of you have any suggestions, thoughts or comments, now is a good time.
 

TheBhoy

Diabloii.Net Member
Gorny said:
We've got a few stickied threads up there, I was thinking of cleaing up the stickies and putting the links to the guides that are there into the Rules and Links thread.


If any of you have any suggestions, thoughts or comments, now is a good time.
I would maybe move the rush guide but u know that all the questions for the month after will be about rushing so who knows.
 

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
I will say that the rushing guide should be unstickied or move to elsewhere (like newcomer forum for example). I know the guide is Diablo 2 related, but I think it is not that necessary to be stickied as it is less important than ones like community forum rules or so.
 

Gorny

Banned
The Rules Thread and the Help thread will stay stuck.

As to the OT thread, I'm debating unsticking it and leaving it float, as I don't think it will ever drop off the first page, it can stay stuck.

As to the other remaining threads, they will likely end up unstuck and linkied to from the rules thread/signatures.
 

WebDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
Gorny said:
The Rules Thread and the Help thread will stay stuck.

As to the OT thread, I'm debating unsticking it and leaving it float, as I don't think it will ever drop off the first page, it can stay stuck.

As to the other remaining threads, they will likely end up unstuck and linkied to from the rules thread/signatures.
I suggest that the OT thread stays stuck because of all the activity on it. Its cleaner for the ones that don't participate in the thread to have it at the top and out of the way as opposed to all over the first page.

I propose that the ladder news thread is renamed to something along the lines of "LADDER RESET NEWS HERE" so it serves its purpose well. If it doesn't seem to be getting enough views after a week or so and ladder reset threads keep popping up, then we can give up on it :undecided:

I'm undecided about the rushing guide. It doesn't belong in any of the class specific forums, nor does it belong to the statistics forum. Yet it does kinda stick out like a sore thumb being the only guide on the Comm forum. Perhaps one of the class specific forum could adopt it. I've certainly seen some guides on there that don't belong to a specific class (like merc guides for example).

Or if you want to go all out, you can work with all the class specific forum mods and gather all the non class specific guides together, and actually make a "Guides" stickied thread for the Comm.. :scratch:
 

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
WebDragon said:
I suggest that the OT thread stays stuck because of all the activity on it. Its cleaner for the ones that don't participate in the thread to have it at the top and out of the way as opposed to all over the first page.

I propose that the ladder news thread is renamed to something along the lines of "LADDER RESET NEWS HERE" so it serves its purpose well.
Agreed, on both counts.
 

ael

Diabloii.Net Member
OTF and the ladder news thread should stay imo where they are. And yeah, the ladder news thread doesnr rise enough attention imo.
 

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
You might unsticky quietus' map guide and leetserv's rushing guide, then add links to them in the "Rules and Links" thread if you haven't already done so.
 

rykuss

Banned
I think combining the guides into the Rules and Links thread is a great idea. Also, placing alot of these guides in the Newcomer Forum is something long over due. I can't think of a better place for them actually. :wink3: OT should remain stickied IMO, with all the other changes there'd be plenty of room to sticky Forum Assassin and other things. It wouldn't look so cluttered up then.
 

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
The two guides were stickied so the authors could gather feedback for a few weeks. They were never meant to remain permanently.

I suppose I could add a new post to the rules/links thread with links to guides in progress. A unique post would be preferable as it would make those links stand out a bit. Yay? Nay?

I do like Webdragon's suggestion for retitling the Ladder FAQ.
 

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
id agree with adding the rushing guide and maps to the Community Forum Rules & Links stickied thread

and changing the newcomer topic, to add user tech support
some people ask for support in the bug report, newcomer, and this topic
afaik there isnt a designated place for support

since elly isnt around too often, there should be another mod assigned to the bug report topic (no offence intedned)
 

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
at first when i read the title "Sticky management", i thougth someone dumped super glue on the mods
 
Top