110 str
96 dex
229 vit
25 nrg

hard skills:

trap tree: nothing here
shadow: every skill 1 | venom 20 | mindblast 14
martial arts: 20 dragon talon | 20 dragon flight

my question is: Can this be a viable kicksin or is there something made wrong with skills or stats ?

funpop

Diabloii.Net Member
well nobody got a clue, you lazy folks

i am just not sure, if str is right (should it be to wear items then its too much, but str adds dmg)

dex will raised to 75 block with storm

rest vit

skills: no clue what to max after mindblast (not all skillquests dont right)

if it comes to items i dont know if enigma or coh is the better armor
and im not sure what helmet is the best choice

BananaPancakes

Diabloii.Net Member
this is just a pure kicker right? not a k/t dancer aka trapper?

for pvp i feel enigma is a must for its mobility offered. don't max dragon talon, as the strength of a pvp kicker isn't the damage it gives, but the rapid fire application of venom as well as crushing blow.

maxing dragon flight is a waste of points, as you only use it to catch casters and apply a quick venom/crushing blow. usually your AR should be sufficent enough.

for your helm the ideal helm is a rare 2 to assassin skills 20 faster cast rate, 2 socket with plus str/dex, AR and mass resists circlet obviously if you cannot find such a helm, the best choice would be CoA, or crown of ages. a decent
subsitute would be shako. you want the circlet to hit aleast 65% fcr which helps to spam mindblast and fast teleport.

for melee you'll want to have the SS and a good weapon, either with massive venom (death web) or crushing blow (fury/malice/fleshripper).

against casters or skills you cannot block with a shield (ie: smite) you will want to dual wield claws. aim for 55-60% block with weapon block but keep in mind that weapon block only works while standing still, attacking, or in whirlwind animation.

both Ilkori and Arbedark have great kicker/trapper guides which are still good reads with loads of info even if you do not go trap option, and i feel did not receive the feedback they deserve.

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=405240

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=489408

If anyone would like to add or critiize what i have said feel free to discuss though i believe i am on point. goodluck with your assassin

nolan16

Diabloii.Net Member
I think you meant venom and Open Wounds...
And if he is a pure kicker maxing d flight is fine, where else would he put the points..?
Your char should do fine in pvp how it is, but if you really want to dominate read others suggestions and guides and then pick out your items before you build and calculate exactly how much str you will need. Like bananapancakes said, most kickers get their dmg from ow and venom so additional str most would consider a waste in pvp..

Also, on a side note, if you happen to get a rockstopper with high resists and upgrade/socket quest it is almost exactly like a 1 socket coa without the +1 to skills (and 1 to skills is nearly worthless for a kicker anyway).

IMO bramble is better for a pure kicker than enigma is...

(On a side note, you don't want more than 3 kicks on your dragon talon, so don't get more than 3+ skills..)

BananaPancakes

Diabloii.Net Member
OOPS,i really did meant open wounds. it's been a while heh. note i said malice, so i clearly meant open wounds and not crushing blow. good stuff... too bad i can't edit it how embarassing :cry:

we don't know if he's going pure kicker yet, but assuming so I guess he can max dragon flight out. but considering the other skills, such as maxing shadow master and venom, possibly having high lvl fade and weapon block it would seem to be a while and possibly too high of a character lvl. keep in mind that mind blast is already almost maxed, but i suppose dragon flight can always be an option.

true +skills may not be as useful for dragontalon, but it is still sought after: +1 dragonflight, fade, venom, shadow master, mind blast, weapon block, and for me, lightning sentry.

bramble can be used to prebuff for that additional damage but i feel enigma is the choice in the actual duel. if you argue about having dragonflight... dragon flight is extremely buggy, just running south i believe will nullify it and sometimes you do not want to get near the opponent, but rather the opposite. personal preference perhaps

edit: after reading the title of the thread again, i think the most important thing is your assassin's name. if you named her xxxgemmulexxx then the simple answer is NO don't use her haha

funpop

Diabloii.Net Member
hmm i leveled her to 85
and equipped her like this:

shako (open socket)
last wish zerker (gonna be phaseblade soon i hope)
fortitude
stormshield
to gloves
ik belt/credendum/verdungos
shadowdancers
highlords
dual ravenfrosts
cta in switch

i put 1 point in blade fury + prereqs

why should i only want 3 kicks in dtalon ??? i have lvl 30 talon thats 6 kicks!

dtalon is like 2k dmg
flight about 3,5k

well i really have problems with the majority of chars in pvp games ;)
(means i suck big time)

wizAdept

Diabloii.Net Member
By your gear you look a lot more like a pvm or uberkiller build than pvp.

There are a lot of pvp kicksin variants but fort/lw is just a weak one imo, keep that stuff to pvm if you want.

why should i only want 3 kicks in dtalon ??? i have lvl 30 talon thats 6 kicks!
Because unlike pvm opponents, in pvp players will move out of the way of your kicks if they can, this means if you have a long sequence of kicks, you're left kicking air and leaving yourself open to get E.z'd.
The opposing argument is that higher level kicks will have higher ar, without using angelics you should have ~6-7k ar on a 3 kick burst, ~8-9k ar on a 4 kick burst, ~10-12k ar on a 5 kick burst. That is if you aim for your final slvl of talon to be the level before the next kick adds on.
imo its best to figure out how long a series of kicks you are comfortable dueling with, then aim for that number, slvl 17 for 3 kick, slvl 23 for 4 kick, slvl 29 for 5 kick. 6 kicks is much too much for dueling caster opponents imo.

well i really have problems with the majority of chars in pvp games ;)
(means i suck big time)
what chars do you want advice against? Different kicksin variants handle themselves better against different opponent types.

The best advice is to learn to duel as a caster.
Use enigma for mobility, get fcr/fhr, get 1 wof/1 ls, learn to stunlock with traps.
mb is a must for caster pvp. I recommend maxing it for pvp.

BananaPancakes

Diabloii.Net Member
dude i think you're going about this the wrong way. a kicker is not another fury wolf or zeal pally. they are more fragile and thus need the mobility (enigma, quick kick bursts) to apply the venom and OW.

a quick note: no point having highlords as kicks are not affected by deadly strike.

@wizadept: hi i think i read somewhere before but forgot. how many kicks do you have yourself?

funpop

Diabloii.Net Member
ah i asked you in a pm about the number of kicks, but now i did read it..just ignore the pm

what would be the best weapon for a pvp kicker then?
what about beast/azurewrath/death web/doom ?

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
hi folks!

i have an lvl 75 assassin with these naked stats:

110 str
96 dex
229 vit
25 nrg

hard skills:

trap tree: nothing here
shadow: every skill 1 | venom 20 | mindblast 14
martial arts: 20 dragon talon | 20 dragon flight

my question is: Can this be a viable kicksin or is there something made wrong with skills or stats ?
You need wayyyyy more str for kicks to do decent damage. If you can, get it above 400 and you will see some good damage

wizAdept

Diabloii.Net Member
@wizadept: hi i think i read somewhere before but forgot. how many kicks do you have yourself?
Im a fan of slvl 29 talon. 23 provided me some problems hitting enough on prior builds =\ however I do occasionally take hits that I could otherwise be avoiding with a shorter burst.

what would be the best weapon for a pvp kicker then?
what about beast/azurewrath/death web/doom ?
Depends for the opponent. Ideally you want a stash full of weapon/equipment options to gear yourself differently depending on the duel. No one best weapon but certainly some weapons that do better against some opponents than others. Dweb rapes public games, but as soon as you come up against an opponent that stacks resists other weapons become better options. Dual claws are useful vs sorcs and necros, will get you killed vs a barb. ect.

You need wayyyyy more str for kicks to do decent damage. If you can, get it above 400 and you will see some good damage
I disagree. I don't think a point in str is worth that over one in vit regardless of the ed% bonus.
Get dex for 75 block if you plan on using ss, but every point you can spare should be going into vit.