Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

stats question and wirts leg

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by RustyCanuck, Apr 25, 2005.

1. RustyCanuck

RustyCanuck IncGamers Member

stats question and wirts leg

two really stupid yet fairly simple questions i think.

1) do the chars have a max stat limit like D1? never gotten a D2 char high enough and wanted to know before i starty wasting too many stat points.

2) can you do anything worthwhile with wirts leg?

cheers.

2. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

1) No
    2) Yes, you can make the portal to the cow level. Put the wirt's leg and a TOME of town portal in your horadric cube. Press the transmute button and a red portal will appear for you. You have to kill BAAL for that difficulty in order for this to work. For example I killed baal in normal, so I can make the portal in normal, but not in Nightmare, even though i have access to nightmare.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The maximum value for stats is a couple dozen times higher than any value you can ever achieve by assigning skill points and from wearing equipment with stats bonuses, perhaps even a couple dozen of million times higher.

You can use Wirt's leg to open the portal to the secret cow level. Beat the final boss in the game (Diablo for classic, Baal for expansion) and you can open the portal to it in act 1 town, putting Wirt's leg and a TP tome into the Horadric Cube. For single player, the issue regarding the cow king is simple: Don't kill him, else you won't be able to open the portal again time in that difficulty level. If all this sounds like a joke to you, that's because the cow level is a parody level.

Edit: Oops, it seems as if I took a little too much time to write this :)

4. TBrundel

TBrundel IncGamers Member

Hi,

One xtra thought to keep in my mind... If u join a group and anyone from the group kills the king you cant open it anymore also...

Grz, TB

5. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

And, last but not least, the king is the guy who likes to drop colored items, so all *my* characters kill the king immeidately after completing a difficulty, so they don't have worry about anything anymore.

I do have mules that have killed hell-baal, though... and they never killed the king (and never will).

6. Orbstu

Orbstu IncGamers Member

Wrong!! If you are anywhere in the cow level and someone who has not previously killed the king kills him, then all people who could open and were in the cow level at the time of death (whether partied or not) can no longer do so.