Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stats necessary for hell difficulty v1.12

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by JMW, Aug 11, 2010.

1. JMW

JMW Diabloii.Net Member

Stats necessary for hell difficulty v1.12

Sorry if this has been touched on, I haven't ever done a lot of posting anywhere and my ability to navigate is a bit limited.

I was wondering if some technically inclined players might post what they feel are the stats necessary to take a reasonable stab at hell difficulty. How much life should I have? What range of damage should I do with my primary attack skill? How much defense? What level? I realize some people know how to build superhero characters that rely heavily on top-end gear. I play v1.12 single player only and completely unmodified, so I don't have access to any of that. The stats given don't need to be for cookie cutter builds, just the minimum requirements necessary to do this without frustration from dying every few minutes. Feel free to list any crucial stats or information I'm neglecting.

I guess these stats might be roughly the same for any melee character, but if it helps I'm a fury/fireclaws/feral rage druid. Thanks for the help.

2. elevenlang

elevenlang Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Stats necessary for hell difficulty v1.12

it depends on what level you enter hell. most people do p8 on normal and NM may enter hell at level 70+, 130-160 strength and rest in vit around 250+ should be ok, the other thing is your resist, you must have enough resist enter hell, especially for a melee char.
    I assume you don't invest any in dex and energy.
    minimum I think 120 and 200 is resonable if you have good gear

3. Justa

Justa Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Stats necessary for hell difficulty v1.12

I won't take the question too literally since we've seen all sorts of madness regarding people doing hell without ANY stat points or even without any gear.. I mean for instance a decent sorc or strafer could run Hell with 300hp and some lite absorb..

Though I'm not very tech savvy and my last untinked melee char was last year, I will give you the stats I'd feel comfortable with untwinked in Hell as a melee'r:

Life - 1200 is fairly safe and attainable for P1, though a werewolf could easily tag 2000+
    Defense - largely irrelevant since 5k --> 7k is a small difference
    Life leech 6-15% - higher damage will help
    Damage - Honestly I'm not sure, but a ballpark figure of 800-1600 is acceptable

Try to get a source of cold and poison damage, this slows and negates health regen respectively, which makes many individual fights smoother. As long as you get enough damage and life leech, and make sure you don't get surrounded, you'll do fine.

edit: concerning resistances try to keep them all above 0, and prioritise as such: Lightning > Fire > Cold > Poison. Lightning @ 70+ is ideal though 50 may suffice.