Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stats For "Frozen Fire Sorc"

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by darkeststorm, Apr 3, 2004.

1. darkeststorm

darkeststorm IncGamers Member

Stats For "Frozen Fire Sorc"

I am working on builiding a sorceress with the following skills:
    Blizzard 20
    Frozen Orb 20
    Fireball 20
    Meteor 20
    Cold Mastery 1
    Fire Mastery 1
    Tele 1
    Static 1
    Chilling Armor (or whatever the second armor is)

I am going to attempt her... i am aware that her damage could be fairly weak, but i plan on having her wear lots of +skill equip. This is going to be an mf sorc and I want her to stay alive easily in hell (my goal would be having a sorc that could run Hell Baal runs solo).

I am having trouble deciding if i should focus on life of dex (for block). I needed some advice in this area.

Should i pump points into life or dex?

My goals:
    Str:156
    Energy: around base
    Vit: ?
    Dex: ?

I cannot decide if block or life is more important. I plan on using an SS for a shield or a moser... depending on my res status.

I would like close to exact amounts of life and dex i should plan on. I am not looking for feedback on the skill-build as this is my set plan for her character. You can give me input on her character build, but I will build her anyways. Also, I do not know how to calculate how much dmg she will do... so if some1 could do that, that would be great. Assume +8 to skills with equipment.

Thankyou,
    Darkeststorm

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

i don't know how much of the guides you have read, but there is a reason they don't advice this build.

to get blizzard to do its optimum dmg, you need 80+ skill points for just it. you don't want to even try the build if you do less than 40 (you have 20). orb and blizzard are not synergies.

the fire tree looks fine other than lacking the fire mastery.

you would be much better off if you went for a meteorb build (what u have minus blizzard plus fire mastery). you would even be better off if you dropped orb and went with a still-weak-but-stronger blizzard.

the thing is, you are mixing two skills that need synergies (the fire synergy and blizzard) with a non-synergized skill (orb- its synergy is pathetic, i don't count it). optimally, you want to match a synergized skil with a non-synergized skill (like the fire synergy with orb). a viable option is to mix 2 synergized skills (blizzard with fire). its not a great option, but it will work. but you are mixing too many things with the build you have. it might work with enuf +skills, but 8 is not near enuf.

with only +8 skills, and your skill combo, you won't make it past act2 hell without serious help.

the meteorb build is a great all-around build and is iether first or second atop the list of mfers for just about every run. for more info on it, look to the sticky.

as far as block goes, its your choice. i don't think sorcs should block. so i never have block. but a very good arguement can be made pro-block: against blockable dmg, its effectively multiplies your life by 4.

as far as stat placement goes, vit is a sink-hole. everything left over goes to vit. if you want block, put enuf stat points into dex to get it, then drop everything into vit. you could do up to 50 stat points in energy, but more is not necessary.

as far as dmg calculators:
    http://66.98.154.13/Skills.html

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

*points at mathils post* can only confirm that.

BLizzard with Frozen Orb together does not make too much sense. same tree, 2 timered spells. no good.
    Meteor and Fireball snyergize, but the damage both will deliver then is rahter weak.
    If you want an even stronger Frozenorb or Blizz you could take one of those and put synergies there.

Between Meteorb can run Hell Baal solo :p
    Your build unless you can amass +20 skills for both trees will have it very hard soloing Hell Baal (which is not hard) but minions and things ont eh way there.

4. darkeststorm

darkeststorm IncGamers Member

Yeah, I have thought about it more and decided to either: make a[nother] meteorb (my other cannot run hell baal) or make a Blizz+Fireball+Meteor (blizz synergy?)... I basically want to know the best combination that will be able to run hell Baal (mostly the minions). Thanks for the advice... I was being a little irrational.

so i still need to know: dex? vit?

my current meteorb who wears godly mf gear and (when wearing tal) has over 1k health and maxed res cannot get to minions or kill them... i don't know why... but i have had lots of trouble... advice?

5. Blind568

Blind568 IncGamers Member

I speak about this from experience. I have a level 85 mf sorc on US East that uses frozen orb and meteor. Let me tell you... I started leveling her up planning on getting a SS with max block, so I saved up most of my stat points up until about level 75 when I finally got a SS. Let me tell you... since I have equipped that shield with max block, I have not died yet. As for my stats, I have 126 str (I use items to equip the stormshield, so once its on I have the +30 str from the shield to use it. I dont ever die, so its not inconvenient.) I then have enough dex to maintain max block for my level. (Around 200 now). Finally, I have the rest in vitality. Right now with semi-crappy gear (Oculus, SS, Shako, vipermagi, 2 bad rings,ammy of the rising sun (makes me gain life from fire), 35mf boots, frostburns), Ive got ~900 life, 75% block, 45% damage reduction, nearly max resists, and 62% fire absorb. I have yet to die with this setup. What I like to do is join baal runs, let the group kill the minions, and then go solo baal. I can actually tank baal the whole time I fight him. Either he misses me, I block his hit, or it deals almost no damage. Getting there/killing his minions isnt a problem either though, I just choose to go with a large group since its sometimes faster/easier.

Summary: DEFINITELY go max block with SS

6. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

theoretically, it's possible.

plus skills adds to base damage, but not to synergies, thus you put synergies at 20 and main skills (that can be affected by +skills) at under 20.

the max is 40 for a non-synergy (20 for a synergy.) so whatever +skills you have subtracted from 40 is optimal.

if you have less than 20 +skills, well then it's going to be harder.

here's an example:

60 synergies
    10 mastery 1
    10 main skill 1
    10 mastery 2
    10 main skill 2
    +30 skills.

in theory, you could make a tri-elemental build like this as well.

7. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

i believe, no matter how you cut it, more points in the skill is always better than more points in the synergy.

blind: the gear you listed, isn't semi-crappy. its good gear. granted, its not godly, but its really good.

one thing you might do is change the gear on your current mf char. drop mf and pick up some +skills and other useful stats.