Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stats and mods for a CL/Orb Sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by xtragedyxme, Apr 22, 2008.

1. xtragedyxme

xtragedyxme IncGamers Member

Stats and mods for a CL/Orb Sorc?

I've been having some trouble planning out how to allocate stat points. I know I'm going to keep base Dexterity because I really couldn't care less about max blocking. 200+ Dex is just insane. I think it'd leech from vitality and energy too much as well.

Alot of people say that you shouldn't have base energy over 75. I plan to have Frostburn and 15 into Warmth without +skills so that would help, but I'm thinking maybe 100 energy instead?

I don't really ever see myself using a "Spirit" Monarch Shield. 156 strength seems overkill. I'll probably stick to a 3-socket tower shield with Perfect Diamonds. Or maybe a "Rhyme" Grim Shield.

I'm thinking of using a Full Plate 4-socket for "Chains of Honor". With the 70% enhanced defense bonus, that's equal to about 273 defense and all the other good stuff like +2 skills, 65 resists, etc.

So I'm guessing the most strength I'll need would have to be 80-85?

So I guess the final set-up would be.

Strength - 85
    Dexterity - 25
    Vitality - Everything else
    Energy - 100

2. xtragedyxme

xtragedyxme IncGamers Member

Re: Stats and mods for a CL/Orb Sorc?

Hmmmm... Anyone?

3. phoenixhawk

phoenixhawk IncGamers Member

My opinion is that a Spirit Monarch is worth it.

I don't put any points into Energy for any of my sorcs. (I don't use ES.)

I would use Dusk Shroud or Archon Plate for COH (as it seems would most people on bnet).

You can get away w/ less strength if you use torch, anni, strength charms, or any gear that has a strength bonus.

You don't need more than 1 hard point into Warmth if you are CL/FO w/ no ES.

4. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Your best bet is Full Tal's + Spirit. It may look cliché, but it is totally damn worth it.

5. ihuang

ihuang IncGamers Member

156 str is not as overkill as it looks because spirit also provides you with +22 vitality and 83-112 mana (My mana numbers may be a couple numbers off). The other mods that come with it combined with the vitality and mana bonuses are unbeatable: +2 skills, 25-35 FCR, 55 FHR, 35 cold, light, and poison resists, and some other extra stuff.

If you still need mana, you might want to consider giving your merc Insight, which has a meditation aura when equipped.

Tal's set is great for dual/three tree sorcs, especially ones using FO, because of the -light and -fire resists and +cold damage.