Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stats and Block

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Fluffy, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Fluffy

Fluffy IncGamers Member

Stats and Block

First of all, I am a meteorb sorc. Not really much gear, this is my first char and I am level 76. I want to know what stats i should get. I have 330 remaining. And I also want to know will 75% block be worth it? It shows on the chart that I would need almost 215 dex, so I really need some input. My stats need putting in so i can fair better with mf'ing and I really need to know about block. Thank you. <3

2. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

um it really depends on your gear. More importantly, what life/resist/shield do u have?

3. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

You have two possible options. Max block or max vita. Either one has advantages and disadvantages. There are lots of similar threads concerning max block over max vita so with little search you will find your answers.

Just one quick notice. In case you use or plan to use lidless or grim shield rhyme forget the max block plan :) On the other hand SS kinda oblige you to go max block. Its your call, good luck with whatever you chose :)

4. Fluffy

Fluffy IncGamers Member

Note

Just a side note. Right now, I am doing hell meph runs easily. I use chance guards. 35 mf light boots. Vipermagi, Oculus, Lidless for right now. I use a peasant crown for my hat. and just like + to mana rings and a 2 to fire skill ammy. As i said this is my first character on West. If i had a stormshield, I would like to use it. But i dont think my chances of getting that are too hgih considering my mf is like 120. I think i should go vit and see what happens, but on the other hand, if I get storm, I think I would want to go dex. Maybe I should just wait. But I find it kind of hard to level without my 330 stat points. I will browse around to see what else is out there. Thank you everyone. :)

I have 247 life. My resists are Fire|-22 Cold|-47 Lightning|-32 Poison|-34

Hope this information helps you with my subject. <3

5. keanu

keanu IncGamers Member

for ur gear i really would recommend u lose the lidless, and get a mosers with 2 p diamonds, or some 3 sock shield with 3 p diamonds..
    and if ur an mf sorc, u wont really need the block to protect u (unless ur HC and wont a lotta safety)
    but if u want the block on ur sorc, find a whitstans guard, or trade it (costs 10-15 p gems only)
    and if ur lucky enough to find a storm, u might consider trading it for some other good items, like shako or skullder, to improve ur mf

hope this helps

6. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

omg 247 life?! Won't you die every 10 minutes with that little life? You want at least 800 life to venture in hell. Also, with those resist are horrible. Anything in hell can kill you in one hit. You want 30+ resist to all, at the bare minimum. And I mean this is the minimum if you have 800+ life. In fact I won't bring any sorc in hell unless she has 1k life. Of course this is partially because I'm playing on HCL, but 247 life IMO is just way too low.

7. keanu

keanu IncGamers Member

i think if he/she has up to 500 life, it would be enough to start with, cause mephi itself prolly wont ever hit u, if u mf him with the pooltrick.
    the bigger problem are the dolls in durance lvl 2, that will be the problem, therefore block is very very usefull

8. Fluffy

Fluffy IncGamers Member

Well, I decided to go with the mosers + vit deal. I have about 30+ resist on all and i have 859 life. People didn't know how i could mf in hell either, but somehow i make it to durance and to meph and use pool trick, without ever gettin touched. Thats with 355 vitality. My decision comes purely that I probably wont find a storm shield in my near future and if i do, I can always remake my sorc considering how much warmth i have on this one. >_< Anywho, thank you all for the awesome input, I will definitely be hanging around here more often. Thank you. <3 :)