static field

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member
static field

how does it exactly work?
i'm currently starting a meteorb sorc (lvl 8 now) and am trying to see how it works out, do u have to be so close to use it? i got it to work a few times, yet it doesn't seem like it takes out 25% life off a guy, and at other times it doesn't work exactly, can someone plz explain.
thanx in advance.

you have to be very close to use it at low lvls. as you get + skills from your equipment, you'll be able to use it at greater distances, but still pretty close. i wouldn't put more than 1 point in it though. it doesn't get any stronger and your equipment will eventually give you decent enough range

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
it first takes 25% of the enemy's life, and then another 25% percent of its remaining life.. and so on. It also has a cap on 50%, so when the enemy has only 50% or less of its life left, the skill no longer works

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
From what I remember, Static Field is affected by resistances too. I don't remember the actual formula, though I believe it's as simple as the Life / 25%, then you minus the damage negated by the resistances.

For example, a monster with 200 life, would lost 50 life from static. If that monster had 50% lightning resist, it would lost 25 life from static.

That's from what I remember, which might be a little fuzzy. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong :/

The 25% for static is based on the current life, not the total life.

fahartle

Diabloii.Net Member
Yep, no cap in normal, won't go down below 33% total life in NM, and 50% in Hell. But, wow, it's an impressive skill. I teamed up as a Pally with a sorc on Ancients normal the other day and she owned those guys in no time...

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member
ok thx guys for the input, guess i'll have to wait a bit longer before i can use it more effectively :)

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
BTW, on classic there is no cap, so a sorc can zerk any monster to death (static, static, static, die, tp in, static, static, static, die etc.) - very useful for rushing Hellforge dummies