Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

static field

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by gorash, Apr 10, 2005.

1. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

static field

how does it exactly work?
    i'm currently starting a meteorb sorc (lvl 8 now) and am trying to see how it works out, do u have to be so close to use it? i got it to work a few times, yet it doesn't seem like it takes out 25% life off a guy, and at other times it doesn't work exactly, can someone plz explain.
    thanx in advance.

2. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

you have to be very close to use it at low lvls. as you get + skills from your equipment, you'll be able to use it at greater distances, but still pretty close. i wouldn't put more than 1 point in it though. it doesn't get any stronger and your equipment will eventually give you decent enough range

3. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

it first takes 25% of the enemy's life, and then another 25% percent of its remaining life.. and so on. It also has a cap on 50%, so when the enemy has only 50% or less of its life left, the skill no longer works

4. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

if i remember right, there's no cap in normal, a 25% cap in nightmare and 50% cap in hell

5. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

From what I remember, Static Field is affected by resistances too. I don't remember the actual formula, though I believe it's as simple as the Life / 25%, then you minus the damage negated by the resistances.

For example, a monster with 200 life, would lost 50 life from static. If that monster had 50% lightning resist, it would lost 25 life from static.

That's from what I remember, which might be a little fuzzy. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong :/

The 25% for static is based on the current life, not the total life.

6. fahartle

fahartle IncGamers Member

Yep, no cap in normal, won't go down below 33% total life in NM, and 50% in Hell. But, wow, it's an impressive skill. I teamed up as a Pally with a sorc on Ancients normal the other day and she owned those guys in no time...

7. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

ok thx guys for the input, guess i'll have to wait a bit longer before i can use it more effectively :)

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

BTW, on classic there is no cap, so a sorc can zerk any monster to death (static, static, static, die, tp in, static, static, static, die etc.) - very useful for rushing Hellforge dummies