Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stat/Skill Reset=Win

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by MenaceIISociety, Oct 24, 2010.

1. MenaceIISociety

MenaceIISociety Diabloii.Net Member

Stat/Skill Reset=Win

By far one of the best ideas to come out in a patch. No more saving up all your skill points for level 30. Low level skills will actually be useful now! Thanks Blizzard!

2. gonis

gonis Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Stat/Skill Reset=Win

I've just started playing after 2 year brake. How many times can you reset your skills?

3. IncubatorJones

IncubatorJones Diabloii.Net Member

Akara gives one per difficulty, but you can collect 4 different kind of essences (from Andy/Duriel, Meph, Dia and Baal if I remember correctly) and make a respec token. So infinite times is the answer. It resets stats too at the same time

4. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle Diabloii.Net Member

Too bad it doesn't reset level and items too.

5. reddude

reddude Diabloii.Net Member

saved me a lot of trouble today :D Respeccing my barb from ww (Decided i hate it) to frenzy and ended up putting 20 points into double throw instead of frenzy :S nice..

6. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen Diabloii.Net Member

Imho the time spent programming respecs would have been better spent coming up with measures to combat botting - like the suggested addition of a captcha to game-creation for example. This game is so old, and there are so many guides to follow, that respecing isn't really needed - combatting the bots is however. On EU realm there are literally hundreds of bot-games that run 24-7, and every game you enter, spambots will join every 10 secs blasting commercials for pixels. They have even invaded the former sanctuary, that was hardcore.
    This game wasn't intended to be played by a computer that automatically picks up anything of value and transfers it to a shop.

I say: Deal with the real problems first Blizzard - then add content!

7. raveharu

raveharu Diabloii.Net Member

Even with captcha, in the end the hackers will think of a way to bypass it though.

And bots have their good sides, without them, would anyone even bother to run chaos or baal public runs in Hell that efficiently?

The game is too old, and due to various flaws in the game, it made the players lazy. The only solution is D3, unfortunately.

8. Chromesto

Chromesto Diabloii.Net Member

I hate captchas but they would have added at least one obstacle for the bots that isn't easily gotten through. = It probably would have prevented a lot of botting until someone comes up a solution to bypass it which would have taken some time. This would probably have meant that botters would had to have to buy their botting scripts again. It would also have been quite strong message from Blizzard that they don't want to let those botters run free.

Respecs were nice addition though as I hated it when I had to save skill points just because I wasn't able to put those points into useful skills.

9. ThomasJohnsen

I have yet to hear of any system or piece of software, that have beaten a captcha. It will require some advanced picture recognition and/or possibly bending and stretching a picture along random axis until something recognizable appears. Of course if the dictionary of words in the captcha is too small, making a piece of software based based on blind guesses is easy.

And there are many easily implemeted ways to make a captcha much more difficult to break. Adding lines, shapes, colors and so on will make it extremely difficult for any computer program to ever be able to decipher anything from it.

10. Marahumm

Marahumm Diabloii.Net Member

especially since it'd be much easier for blizzard to just change the template of the captcha image itself than it would be for programmers to try and decipher it. I know I wouldn't want to program something like that, although I might try it out if I get all my other ideas finished up /ponder.

11. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle Diabloii.Net Member

How about putting in one of those illusions and you have to answer correctly to make/enter a game.

[​IMG]
    Young lady or old woman?

12. ThomasJohnsen

That one made me laugh :rolf:
    Blizzard should hire you as an 'idea guy' and you could sit there spinning a genuine Blizzard-logo'ed pen :scratchhead:

13. minuses

minuses Diabloii.Net Member

I also like the respec system too.