Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stat/skill allocation for Orb Sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by StewieGriff_XLT, Mar 31, 2005.

1. StewieGriff_XLT

StewieGriff_XLT IncGamers Member

Stat/skill allocation for Orb Sorc?

Good morning forum members :clap:

I have a few questions that hopefully someone can help me out with on my new pvp orb sorc. I've looked a few posts already, but nothing seemed really useful. So, here it goes...

Strength: 156 (35 spirit monarch has the highest str req of my gear)
    Dex: base?
    Vita: rest
    energy: base?

I've heard good/bad things about this, pumping vita and leaving energy low/at base. I saw a guide that needed no vita/all energy? (don't see how that would be effective, but who knows?)

Gear:
    39 hoto (no fathom yet :( )
    85ed Archon CoH (900+ D)
    35 spirit monarch
    29 maras
    12% cold nightwing (going to 5/5D it)
    Soj/Soj
    mages/trangs gloves (idk which)
    eth 10-15-60 treks (yeaah)

I think this sounds like a good setup, hopefully i can trade some pally combats for some cold sorc charms, i have plenty of res's gear, but i guess i'll still have some res sc's and some 20hp sc's as well (maybe fhr gear, or not necessary?)

Now for my skills:
    20 bolt
    20 orb
    20 mastery

that's the obvious part, where do i go from here?

i know points in all prereqs, an other things like tele/static/warmth/chilling armor, but i'm not sure what else to max :rolleyes:

So any help on this subject matter would be appreciated, or paste a recomended guide or something, because i may have skipped over a few of them... thanks in advanced

~*Cjs*~

2. StewieGriff_XLT

Another quick question?

What kind of Act 2 merc would be the best for me?

I have an eth cryptic infinity/eth fort/eth dream bonevisage to use, so Act 2 is the way to go, but what aura is useful? Thanks a lot... again :thumbsup:

~*Cjs*~

3. Raistlin_Majere

Raistlin_Majere IncGamers Member

Hi

You should take a look at http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=269825 (energy shield guide) and/or http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=182970 (Frozen orb/thunderstorm)

If you're going with spirit keep dex at base - it takes too much dex to get max block with monarch.

As for vita/energy it depends on whether you want to go with ES. If you do you'll probably want some energy (see the guide).

As for gear you'll want to get 105 fcr.
    The listed gear gives you 95 (hoto 40, spirit 35, 20 gloves). The last 10 you could get from a fcr ring (with str, res, mana, life.....), fcr amu (with skills, res...) or armor (ormus, viper). Using viper also enables you to use fathom (20 fcr).

A might merc (kills cold immunes faster in pvm) or holy freeze (for a bit of crowd control) is good.

Raistlin

4. StewieGriff_XLT

Thanks for the input, a few secondary questions....

why 105 fcr? is that one of the bp's? I haven't looked at them yet, so i'm not sure why 105...

is sacrificing the +1 skills/mana from soj to worth it to hit that bp (if that's what it is) with a 10 fcr/other mod ring?

do you suggest my perf spirit monarch, or a -20/+20 monarch (4 5-5 die faceted), because i have one of them as well....

and... what would my final damage be with that gear +anni, a ballpark estimate would be appreciated

Last think, where is might merc from? (norm/nm/off/deff/combat) I was never a good merc person...

Thanks again!

~*Cjs*~

5. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

-You are correct, 105 is the breakpoint that is pretty crucial to a sorc IMO. +1 skills is not nearly as important as being able to teleport faster to save your hide

-Yes Spirit > 20/20 Monarch, unless you can afford to use the 20/20 and still get to 105 FCR

-No clue on damage, really depends on if you go spirit for 105FCR rate or spirit for 105FCR rate.

-For Cold I'd suggest might or holy freeze merc (nightmare a2 mercs)

6. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

But Orb is timered. I don't think the FCR would matter much other than teleport.

7. Raistlin_Majere

Raistlin_Majere IncGamers Member

It's correct that fcr wont affect orb much. But teleport is crucial in PvP.
    Its doable with 63 fcr but 105 is MUCH better.

Might is act 2 offensive. Holy freeze is act 2 defensive.

Raistlin

8. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Heh orb can be cast 1/25th of a second faster with 105 FCR :D

Seriously tho, sorcs need 105 for the ability to teleport, and Orb trap... if you go for the 63%FCR rate you'll really only be able to play defensively. Also alot of duelers will be able to teleport you the same speed OR faster than you wich is not good for a sorc.

BTW thanks for the merc thing... I always forget wich one's wich as I hardly ever use them :)