Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stat reset glitch?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by AlexPractice, Nov 1, 2010.

1. AlexPractice

AlexPractice Diabloii.Net Member

Stat reset glitch?

So, I used my Normal stat reset already, I know that for sure.
    In Nightmare Act I, when I talk to Akara, the option to reset my stats/skills doesn't appear.
    In Hell Act I, the option DOES appear...But I haven't completed the Den of Evil yet.
    On top of that, when I tried to use the Hell Respec, after clicking OK, nothing happens.

Is this some weird glitch? I use Atma and RWM, so maybe it has something to do with them?

2. Ladvarian

Ladvarian Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Stat reset glitch?

After re-reading your earlier posts I figured out your problem. Your character was actually created before you patched to 1.13. So that means that you only get one free respec. I am sorry to say that in order to get anymore you have to find the tokens and cube them.

3. AlexPractice

Actually, it seems that the Respec shows up before you beat the Den of Evil - So I did (It took forever since I only had Cold Spells which 75% of DOE is immune to...)
    Anyway I managed to respec AGAIN so that's kind of weird if what you're saying is true. Thanks for looking into it for me! I was afraid that it had something to do with ATMA and that all my items were bugged or something :<

4. Ladvarian

That's strange. So you are saying that the Blizzard Sorceress that you created before you patched was able to get the Normal, Nightmare and Hell or just the Hell respec? I remember reading in the patch notes about this and there have been a few others who have been unable to get the other two respecs if the character was created before they patched to 1.13c.

I do remember someone, cannot remember who, but it was in the ATMA thread I believe that had a similar problem after installing the RWM. Good that it is working now.

5. AlexPractice

I respeced in Normal or Nightmare to fix up my stats for max block and respeced in Hell earlier tonight in order to deal with cold immunes. Maybe my Hell respec worked because I patched before beating Hell DOE?

6. Ladvarian

Maybe, I'm just glad it worked and will remember this post if anyone else has similar problems.

7. hubb

hubb Diabloii.Net Member

^That's exactly why. It doesn't matter when the char was created, only in which patch you completed the den quest.