Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stat progression for my psnmancer?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by areyoucontagious, Apr 23, 2008.

1. areyoucontagious

areyoucontagious IncGamers Member

Stat progression for my psnmancer?

I've decided to make a poisonmancer for fun, and I've already got my skill progression planned out, I was wondering what a good stat progression would be. My skill progression is thus:

20 PDagger
    20 PExplosion
    20 PNova
    1 CG
    1 GM
    1 all curses with a few more into lower resist
    20 CE
    1 into prereqs
    remaining points into BA/BW/BP? - haven't decided about these yet....

I'm hoping to be able use all of my poison skills consistently (including pdagger) while using a merc, my golem, and curses for crowd control and CE for killing power. Any recommendations on a merc or alternative skills would be accepted freely, but I know that I don't want any skellies.

2. Edge Calibur

Edge Calibur IncGamers Member

Re: Stat progression for my psnmancer?

Skellies are good, sure they live short but show deep respect for Skeleton Magi, if your planning on putting some points to Lower Resist, Skeleton Magi are gonna be your Artillery, or maybe "Minions" are more useful....but still, unless your in Act III (Where Vampires exist to cast those level 24 sorceress skills) try using the Skeletal Magi, besides, Skeletal Mastery also improves the life and damage to both your Skeletons and to your Minions....

3. areyoucontagious

areyoucontagious IncGamers Member

I have a lvl 83 fishymancer, and I really don't want many summons with this build. Treat this like a pure poisonmancer with bone synergies for protection. Any advice?

4. chien

chien IncGamers Member

I have a lvl8x poisonmancer. I don't put anything in skelly. I have 1 pt in Clay Golem, though. Before I get better gears, I did put many pts in Dim Vision. This helps a lot when you try to run areas with range attackers (ex: archers in the pits). I also have 1pt in Bone armor and some points in its synergy. I don't think high CE is needed as PN is already an area spell. With good gears, most of them will die "at the same time" with 1 or 2 nova. I only use CE when there are high poison resist/poison immune there.

BTW, I am using full trang with a low deathweb now. Deathweb is the one to get even with crappy stats :) Oh, you better give big stick to your merc as he is there to help you kill poison immune and boss (obedience eth polearm for example).

Chien

5. Anthraquinone

Anthraquinone IncGamers Member

I agree with chien. Since you will have +P&B gear anyways, you don't need to max CE. I would say that one point is enough.

-AnQ