Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stat Points for WW Barb question

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by golfer02, Mar 5, 2004.

1. golfer02

golfer02 IncGamers Member

Stat Points for WW Barb question

I'm making a ww barb and i would like to know what is the best allocation for my pts into my stats? Just tell me the base numbers without items if you can so i don't get confused with all the +'s to attributes :).

2. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

If you use a sheild:

Str Enough for equip with all your add ons
    Dex nuff for max block @ your lvl
    Vit everything else

If no sheild:
    str same
    dex nuff for equip
    vit same

if you could tell me your gear you plan to use i could give you better advice

3. golfer02

golfer02 IncGamers Member

i'm gonna wear skulders, shako, ik gloves, eternity eth cb, string, and an mf ammy with a manald and carry ring. I want to get my AR really high so i can actually hit hell baal, that is my main concern since i will never use a shield. so really the question i need answered most is how do i get a godly AR?

4. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

I dont mean to threadjack, however i also need similar advice from dhr_pvp.

I am going to go ww. My gear will be:

194/5 arreats (um? 40ed? 15max? ber? ???)
    enigma (dusk? archon? balrog? hellforge? ???)
    steelrends (any other gloves better? or these the best?)
    ravenfrost
    dual leech 6/6/+17str/+10mf ring (is 5%bk ring better?)
    metalgrid
    goreriders (sandstorms? war travs? should i upgrade??)
    verdungos (any other alternatives, or these the best?)

BotD eth War Pike OR
    BotD eth CB + SS?

which do you prefer?

thanks for ur help in advance, once again sorry for threadjacking, sorta.

5. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

Golfer:

To fix the AR I would use the Angelic combo or invest in 32 3/20/20s

Im assuming that your wearing war tavs for boots?

Stats:
    Str:~180(etheral cb)-20(ik)-10(wt)-2(shako)=148 base
    Dex:~105(etheral cb)-20(Ik)-10(set)-2(shako)=73 base
    Vit: 250-300 Base

This will leave you with alot extra stats, the rest can go to either str for dam or vit if your unhappy with life.

Spider:

Steelrends or ik are best for barbs
    BotD wp wont hit last bp needs 20 more ias
    I would use a sheild regardless
    BotD CB for PvM or BotD BA for PvP

Socket AF with ed/ias
    Socket SS with ed/ias if CB or ed/max if BA

Build with sheild:

Str:77(req for enigma dusk)-17(ring)= 60 Base
    @lvl90 enigma adds 67 str so 77+67=144
    144+20(AF)=164+30(SS)=194+15-20(steel)=209-214total
    Dex:200(max [email protected]/ss)-20(raven)-20(AF)=160 Base
    Vit: 250-300

This will leave you with alot extra stats, the rest can go to either str for dam or vit if your unhappy with life.

Both:

If you put an anni charm or plan to use make sure you build around the +stats

6. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Your gear looks good. Don't put 40/15 ed/max jewels in armor/helms/shields, as their bugged and don't give the right damage there. Go ed/str (40/9 being perfect). Either go with dusk shroud or archon for your enigma, and use as little str and dex as possible to get to your required totals, then pump vit. For ww pvp, switch out your rings and amulet for angelic wing and two halos, as you'll need the AR against big-defense enemies like conc barbs and such. Keep highlord's/Raven/other ring like BK in the stash for enemies that don't have a lot of defense, like sorcs.

BotD warpike is a bad choice for a whirl weapon, since it doesn't hit the last breakpoint. See my response to this in that other thread you posted the weapon question in.

That should have you set up ;)

-Hal

7. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

Thank you all for your responses!

However, which armor is the best to have enigma in?

And, for a Weapon Shield barb, what would be more FUN overall? eth botd cb or eth botd zerker?

and i will assume my dual leech ring is better than a bk ring?
    also steelrends or ik gloves? which is better?

Hal and dhr, you guys seem to know alot about barbs. You guys mind if I PM you a couple questions about skill point allocation?

PS: Anyone have 40ed/9str jewels for trade? ^^

8. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Technically speaking, if you're trying to make a massive life barb, the dusk shroud would be better, since you can run less str on it. However, it isn't the best looking armor, and it lacks defense, which is why I go with Enigma myself. The 20-some str I have to put in extra doesn't really matter, since I like the small bit of extra damage, and it just looks better to me. Cloth/leather armors have to be repaired a lot anyways.

Steelrends are better in general, since you get so much extra damage from the crushing/ed on them, and they have a lot of defense to capitalize on with ironskin/shout. IK are nice for all the stats you save, but I'd still do steels over IK in general.

It depends on your idea of fun. I like the berserker axe a lot better; it's statistically more powerful, and it looks cool in my opinion as well - I don't like seeing a barb run around with a massive-*** sword in one hand like that, it just looks awkward to me. Some people like that though, which is why they go for it.

The only stat that really makes the ring stand out to me is the 17 str. The leech is inconsequential, since leech doesn't work as well as it used to, and you don't really need all that much to do well (i believe my barb has around 27% ll and the 7% ml from BotD), but the 17 str would let you run with 17 less, and thus pump more vit. I still don't know whether that would be enough for me to take it over BK though, since the bk adds longer warcry durations, comparable life at higher levels (both from the life on it, and the boost to BO), more damage/ar, more resists and defense, and so on and so forth. I dunno though, you'll probably want another opinion on that.

I don't mind PMs, just always make sure you search to see if it's already been answered before you ask ;)

-Hal

9. Grandar King of Trolls

Grandar King of Trolls IncGamers Member

As Hal said, either a duskshroud or archon plate. Personally, I would go for the archon. It is the highest def you can get and not have a stamina/run walk penalty and the str req is less than your weapon will be. So far as I can see, the only drawback is the clvl requirement is higher.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the str req being lower DOES help. Put on enigma to get str bonus, and THEN put on weapon. DUH me.

I think fun is fairly subjective. Eth botd zerker is slightly faster, has the same range, has +150% ed against demons, and may do a little more damage. All the same, I think swords are cooler and like my eth botd cb just fine. (yeah guys, I gave in and am playing tweaked)

I'll let the other guys field your other questions/correct me if I'm wrong anywhere. Oh, and as I understand it, trading is a no-no here.

EDIT: Hal stold my thunder :lol:

10. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

They actually don't, that's just dated, false information on diabloii.net =/. I wish they would patch it in though. Still, it's all a matter of taste. Since you're a whirl barb, either one is fine, since they both hit the last whirl bp. If you were doing berserk or conc or something, that would put a lot more emphasis on the berserker, since it hits those breaks a lot faster than the cb does.

lol, thunder pwnage!

;)

-Hal

11. Grandar King of Trolls

Grandar King of Trolls IncGamers Member

I stand corrected. Hal rules. :clap:

Boo diabloii.net :rant:

12. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

Thanks for all your inputs. I have decided to go with Archon Enigma since I like to look better as well.

One more question... metalgrid, highlords, cats eye, or maras?

my metalgrid is pretty nice, 34 res / 340/ 440. But highlords does add that deadly strike, with the +1 skill. cats eye adds tons of frw and dex, which also helps in its respective categories. maras ofcourse is the general ammy everyone uses, but i dont think i'lll have a problem with resists... i hope.

13. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

My amulets of choice are Highlords or Angelic (in combination with the ring).

14. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

I concur with DhR, Highlord's Wrath for casters/low defense enemies, angelic ammy and 2 rings for everything else.

-Hal