Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stat points and Uber Trist.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ezbtuco, Oct 12, 2006.

1. ezbtuco

ezbtuco IncGamers Member

Stat points and Uber Trist.

I currently have 120 stat points to spare.
    My question is what's smarted to invest in, vita or dex to max block? Considering my fishymancer is built for uber trist.
    And if so, how much dex do I need to max block with a homu?

2. deademon

deademon IncGamers Member

ummmm i wouldnt quote me....but i usually heard max vita 4 pvm and get max block 4 pvp then left overs in vita...

3. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

I joined a party at the tender level of 65 to run uber trist and while I died, I was able to contribute to the success of the run (my summons distracted the minions and I spammed life tap a lot). The necromancer has a pitiful hitpoints to vita ratio so I tend to lean toward trying for 70+% block or so. In theory, you shouldn't be hit as a summoner / fishy, but you know how it goes. Oh wait, are you a summoner? Hm... If your a poisoner then yeah you'd better get good block since you may be in harm's way quite a bit. Poison dagger and poison nova aren't super ranged to be quite honest. I find lots of life charms useful. I'm at level 82 and have like 75 attribute points left and like a dozen or more skill points left, but am able to contribute to a party uber-trist. I have not yet been able to solo uber trist but Foosoft has an awesome video of how a summoner would solo uber land.

Your max dex for 75% block is dependent on your level. For example for a 80th level necro would need about 182 Dex for max block with an homu. Google for a block calculator as I'm not sure if I can post an off site link for the block calculator.

good luck and good hunting!
    Kirah

4. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

I would go with vitality for sure. I have never had much of a problem getting hit, the only way you will get hit is if you tele into a gorup of monsters, and then only fcr will save you. I love vitality as it counts for everything, elemental, ranged, melee, etc. Block only works with melee physical =(. Besides, when i run ubers, mephs lightning is the most dangerous thing, followed by pitlords fire/diablos armoageddon. So id stick with vitality.

5. ezbtuco

ezbtuco IncGamers Member

Thanks for replying so fast :)
    After reading your posts I lean towards vita, although max block at uber trist still sounds tempting...
    Please someone convince me @ 100% I should put at vita :p

6. Enilias

Enilias IncGamers Member

You can scare the summoned monsters away with terror, so unless you're going to hug mephisto, baal en diablo there's not a big chance you'll be in melee.

7. ezbtuco

ezbtuco IncGamers Member

I think this is convincing enough, thanks alot everyone!

8. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

if you use homo you'll need kinda little dex to attain max block (main reason why i use homo). block>life atleast for me :rolleyes:

why? well you can block some spells and ofc melee. eventualy its up to you, cause in pvm its about personal preference and play style.

hope you have great time with your necromance :thumbsup:

9. pliu

pliu Banned

Agree with mikk, Just make sure you life good enough for 1~2 hits and you can use potions as you need. I have a lvl 85 summoner with 75% block and 1.1K life . It only died a few times when I tele into a group of big mobs and forget to use potions.

10. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

You could also go with a combination of both, maybe bump your block up to 50%-60% and then the rest in Vitality. Then you would get increased chance to block as well as more life. I find them to be almost equal but then I just dropped my spare (110) stat points into Vitality because I didnt want to bother with looking for a good even level. I also like thet Vitality does help with the elemental damage because Gloams are a real pain.

11. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

with no dex invested. i have 50% and thats with homucalus eld torch anni maras and shako. maybe 15 more on boots. gives me 50% block and i got 3.1k life after bo.