Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stat Distrubtion Question (newbie help please!)

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by RetsejSays, Jul 14, 2008.

1. RetsejSays

RetsejSays IncGamers Member

Stat Distrubtion Question (newbie help please!)

Hi. Gonna keep this brief.

I'm 100% new to D2 and I'm wondering about stat distribution. I'm using that berserker guide in the sticky to work on my first character, and I don't know how to distribute stats, the guide is not very specific.

What I'm doing per level is..

1 str
    2 dex
    2 vit

Can anyone correct me or help me, while considering the guide for berserker, as to how I should be distributing points per level? Thanks guys. :)

2. RetsejSays

RetsejSays IncGamers Member

Re: Stat Distrubtion Question (newbie help please!)

Well, after an hour of searching and googling (and getting sidetracked by youtube several times), I've come across the answer to my question. I'll go ahead and post my findings in case there is another new player or two wondering the same question I am.

To summarize...as far as stats go, I was curious as to how to distribute them. I'm entirely new to this game, so I've no idea if I need to put points in energy as a barbarian, or load up on strength, or anything, especially for a specific build I was following.

Here's what I found!

Taking this information from the guide here...

And cross referencing it with a quote from Hal's Concentrate barb Guide...

I noticed that the two had very similar requirements. After googling online, I found an (older) more extensive version of Hal's guide, which had an FAQ which stated:

So yeah, that's the answer. Early on pool some strength, then switch to a 2-2-1 rotating method, and finally when you have enough strength (~156+) you can simply fall back to a 2dex/3vit routine.

Hope this helps someone! I coulda used it, thats for sure. =P