Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stash size, solo-muling and global stash.

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Makhlath, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Makhlath

Makhlath IncGamers Member

Stash size, solo-muling and global stash.

Heysa.

Playing hardcore alone on Bnet can be a real pain. First off I find the stash container way too small. There are so many things you want to collect and upgrade for later use (runes/gems) and you fill the stash pretty quick.
    To solve this you got to have several mule-characters to ease the load on your main chartacters. Since I'm playing alone, I'm having a hard time muling good items from one char to another. Medium items I can risk muling in a current game, but due to the risk of game ending/crashing while muling the items, I won't risk muling the good items. Therefore I have to nag and beg my bud to log on to help me safely move the items. Offcourse he can't be there every time I need him. I recently died with my mf'er with a full stash of goodies ready for muling (a full IK set and more). That bites for a poor noob like me.

If I could get one wish granted for a change in Diablo, I'd wish for a "Global Stash" or a "Muling-Stash" wich is accesable for all characters on the realm-shard in question (Europe in my case).

"Global Stash" - A larger stash that is awailable to all your characters. Simply one stash for all your characters. Perhaps this will result in less total space for your account, but will make MY play much more comfy, and the risk of loosing items while solo-muling non existant.

"Muling Stash" - The stash as it is today is unchanged. An additional stash-box is added. Much smaller tho, about the same size as the Horadic cube, or just enough size to hold the largest item in the game? This stash will be able to all characters on the realm-shard. - Soley used for muling items, or for some extra storage space.

Anyways these are just wishes,- I'm not sure how hard it would have been to implement these type of changes, but it would as I said, make playing Diablo much more comfy for ME,- since i don't have multiple PC's or accounts to work with.

-Mak

2. det

det IncGamers Member

Well, stash size is part of the game and part of the challenge.

I'd rather risk to lose an item muling it, than die with a full stash. Hey, you can even mule one item at a time...takes longer, but might be safer.

And do you have NO ppl that you met on b.net and can trust? Added to your /f list ?

You know about the poor guy who had a stash full of "l33t" zon gear, ready to equip her when she was high level enough and died in normal to the first LE Boss at lv 6.

I am sure there miust be ppl here that have communicated with you on the forums and are trustworthy.

3. Louisifier

Louisifier IncGamers Member

I have muled solo time after time and since 1.10 have not lost a thing. I usually go in a game with one of my higher char and just run meph. This gives the me the assurance I have been in for 5 minutes. (Sometimes if I am not sure, I will leave and come back before dropping anything) then I just drop drop drop and mule mule mule.......

I would have to agree tho...I would rather lose it to the crash of the game then playing dead......

4. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

"full Ik set"
    "Poor noob like me"

For some reason I dont see how the hell both of those statements can be from the same person.

Muling solo is pretty simple and there is no reaosn not to do it other than if the relm seems more laggy than normal, or if you ahve witnessed some dropped games.

BTW, if you think the stash is small I challenge you to make a Classic character and learn what small is!!!

Blizz doesnt support muling. They do nothing to stop it but i doubt they will do anyhting to promote it.

5. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

There is also the quick xfer trick....

Make a priv game... make sure u make the game name and pw.... simple for u to remember...

Drop the item... get out of the game and bring the mule / char u want to xfer the item to... this has to be done in under 45 secs.... so this only works if u have a fast connection. If u have dial-up - don't bother w/ this procedure.

Like pointed earlier u can do the 5-minute game, which solidifies the game.... as long as their is activity.

Just make sure u give yourself enuf time while changing chars that u don't get that wonderful "Modem error" b/c u have changed 5 chars in less than a 2 min period.

6. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Well, if we're going to wish for stuff, I wish they'd make muling impossible ;) And to balance that, they could triple the size of the stash, so you could store a bunch of items, gems, runes, etc.

7. WingBlade

LMAO, I hated those days... the stash was 2/3 smaller...

8. det

det IncGamers Member

..but of course, with more sets, uniques, charms and all the other good things to kep, the improved stash-size is more than inadequate again.

I bet on an item/stash ration, the LOD stash is even smaller than the Classic stash :lol:

9. WingBlade

det, I think u have an excellent point there. Most of my mules also have a cube ... so for that 2x2 space I get a 3x4.... which can be handy.

10. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Well......Look at it how you wish, but my Classic Barb with an Exec 170/110 reqs and and Xpac CCB at 189/110 that inventory being basically empty doesnt do the classic guy any good, but slapping about (16) 17-20 small vitas, maybe a couple resist charms, Warcry charm and having a weapon switch with +6 Cries sure makes that Xpac stash and Inventory extremly usefull even if its basically full.

Classic Stash
    8X6 3 polearms fills it
    Xpac
    8 X 14-16??? 6 polearms and there is still room for belts or maybe helms

Trying to picture it in my mind.

Sure you might want to carry lvling gear and MF gear but isnt taht simply convienance?

I really see no need to complain about stash size in Xpac, its very adequate.

11. Makhlath

Makhlath IncGamers Member

Re: (...)

That was alot of response in a short time :)

Re: "det" - I've been playing Diablo on and off since D1. Been playing the realms alot, mostly on Europe. As with many others my urge to play comes and goes,- and it may pass months between each kick I get to play. Alas, I've restarted from scratch many times. I used to have regular "friends" which I could trust with my best gear, but nowadays these people are very hard to find. When playing public games now, most people treat you as a "game-feature" - not as a person, and basicly don't give a **** if you die or not. The only dialogue that occurs is "pp spam" "sorc tele spam" "who can open spam" or "who can gimme free itamz please spam" So to your statement, after 3 weeks of play, I have none on my /f list. If you know of any nice communities/clans on the Europe Realm, please point me in that direction, and I'll look it up. I'm more than interested in finding a community of mature players.

Re: "STINGER" - Yes I consider myself poor. After a week of good luck in the Pit, I had almost a complete IK set (only belt lacking). I don't consider that extreme wealth. If I was wealthy when I had it, it may comfort you that I nolonger have it, and may still call myself a poor noob ;)

Re: "WingBlade" - Thanks for the xfer tip. Thats one of the ways I've been using when muling. That and just joining pub games with low player count, which seems to last a while. I still use that for medium item muling. Problem is, I have a sad tendency to crash to desktop while doing character changes and swapping games too fast,- and also tend to get the "realm down" thingie. So I get very high pulse and I'm pretty nervous while muling good items :)

-And yes I remember how small the stash used to be. But then again, the more storage space you get, the more you want.

All in all it was just a wish to make my gaming more comfy.

Anyways, again, if anyone knows of a good community of mature players on the Europe realm, please let me know. :)

12. sohcan

sohcan IncGamers Member

I don't really know what Gat-Europe is like but I do know if I need a transfer on an average day in East its not a problem. People I don't game with or even really know except from their being regulars in the channel are willing to help and I have found them to be more than trustworthy. But I tend to self-mule a good deal of the time unless I have friends on, unless its something uber, then I switch to a different char until I have the chance for a good safe mule game.

Would a change in the state of the stash and muling be nice? Certainly, but like many things that would be nice in D2 I don't think its ever going to happen.

13. ADSL

ADSL IncGamers Member

Even though i no longer play on a regular basis i would direct you to gat-europe, the channel is chat gat-europe, there alot of helpfull and nice players there. i wouldnt name any names since i might forget someone :p.

But since blizz put in the new lobby feature, the channel isnt so active as before. but try your luck.

14. Mert1

Mert1 IncGamers Member

I have 1 temporary mule on the acc with MFer. Can create 1 more if 1st is full. I dropped all items found in some public game (usually in corner near Cold Plains wp), then rejoined with that mule. It takes min time and is not suspicious.
    After, then some friends were online, I made full muling game with sorting items. Though someone's presense doesnt garantee safety. I lost riduculous amount of items in public or self-muling games and much more in games with friends.
    So common stash is a good idea, but ask blizz why it didnt come true