Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Starting the Quest!!!

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by memememe173, Mar 30, 2004.

1. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Starting the Quest!!!

I'm making a Fanatic Missionary...gonna get a rush for norm and nm, but he's going to try to do hell all by himself...

20 Fanat
    20 HS
    20 Defiance
    10 Conversion
    Prereqs
    1 Repemption and Salvation
    Rest Smite

Gris Corona ruby ruby
    Gris Armor sheal ruby ruby
    Gris Caddy Eth Amn Amn Amn
    Gris Shield diamond diamond diamond
    +1 skill, dex life ammy
    mana leech ring
    R-Frost
    Shadow Dancers
    Bloodfist
    Verdungos

anything I've missed? he has to have Griz set on when he starts hell though, because I'm on a mission to have a character built more or less around each of the 7 char specififc sets (IK, Trang, Tals already done)

If it goes reasonably well for at least act1-3, then I'll right a guide up, but if not, I'll get him rushed and baal level and all that...

2. Arctic_Fox

Arctic_Fox IncGamers Member

It's all personal preference, but i'd take L5 Conversion or so and let skills do the rest of the job.

What is the Eth in the Caddy for? Conversion is ITD so defence isn't an issue. Since converts can't go through Portals, you plan on smiting Baal, should and when you get to him? Without any form of life recovery that's rather foolhardy.

3. memememe173

I plan on havin some CB gear in stash and on merc and taking baal out that way, I could also throw a pair of Draculs in my stash for the 1v1 boss fights

What would you suggest I socket in the caddy?

4. Arctic_Fox

Well, Amns are fine, and iirc Bosses aren't effected by ITD so perhaps Eth would help. I was thinking along the lines of Ed jewels, but on second though that's not that bad a current socket job. Have fun and do let me know. I made a converter with Thorns and severly regret the use of Thorns, and am hoping to remake him with lesser gear than yours so the viability repost would be very useful.

5. Any1

Any1 Banned

Did you try using Amp Damage (i.e. Witchwild on Rogue, Gavel of Pain, etc.) with your Missionary build (Convert + Thorns)? It's probably only effective (still slow, but effective) in densely populated areas with lots of physical-damage-oriented monsters (i.e. Cows).

I've been itching to start one.

6. memememe173

Made that exact Paladin on SP...Hell baal run was super easy (Hammerdin easy, cause you don't need to kill anything :) ) until I hit Lister + pack, they can't be converted...Baal was awful...Eth rune didn't help, and my smite was at just 1k...maybe with the Life Tap + CB it would have worked, cause I was losing life so fast 1.3k life in less then a minute

I probably won't solo hell, just go back and finish quests get wps, because it seems it will be...Convert and run past...Horrible time with boss, convert run past

I'm going to keep the "eth" in the caddy, cause Conversion was doing 1k-1.5k, which can still hurt on things

7. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

ed jewels, Lo runes, sheals, and amn runes if you do not have a raven frost. I have seen that by giving 2 sheals will work as a cannotbefrozen effect. But it does not work againts holy freeze.

8. Arctic_Fox

A big chunk of my problem is in gear, so it's not entirely the build's fault, and i do have a Rogue merc who i do hope to get a nice weapon for, but until i get into the 80's, leveling and keeping a merc alive is too hellish.

9. memememe173

The build isn't phsyical damage orientated enough for me to use Lo or ED jewels. I already hit 8frames, the max, with my conversion. I'm going to be hitting the 86% FHR break, so I think that will be good